[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would a very low (5-10) round limit on detachable magazines help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: consider this.jpg (141 KB, 543x405) Image search: [Google]
consider this.jpg
141 KB, 543x405
Would a very low (5-10) round limit on detachable magazines help reduce the severity of these sort of events?

If yes, would you back such a law, provided it didn't molest guns with historical value (let's say pre-1950)? Just for rifles.

Would you back obligatory gun safety classes at school?
>>
>>30273875
No
No
Yes
Also I suggest a two year mandatory military service period.
>>
>>30273875
>No, New york reload is actually *FASTER* than reloading your glock brand glock
>Nope, I wouldn't tolerate it with anything less than grandfathering in everything current
>at school, yes.
>>
No.
No.
No.
>>
>>30273875
No because with practice I could easily put down the same amount of rounds toward my targets if I had non-limited magazines but the same amount of rounds in similar times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCSySuemiHU
I wouldn't mind safety classes as it would teach the population that full auto 100 round clip AK-15 assault rifles are journalist garbage, but it wouldn't decrease the amount of shootings. If I'm planning to shoot up a place, I'm not exactly trying to be safe.
>>
File: PANISH.jpg (58 KB, 559x260) Image search: [Google]
PANISH.jpg
58 KB, 559x260
>>30273875
Nah capatity limits would be a negligible reduction in rate of fire, and magazines are cheap(ish). In terms of preventing mass shootings you're looking at such an infinitesimal reduction in casualties that it's likely not worth it.

I'd back obligatory gun safety and throw in pre learner license drivers education too. Honestly i'd back any practical skill or knowledge set pushed in schools, basic powertool safety and use, cooking etc.
>>
File: 1464174764213.jpg (72 KB, 1080x711) Image search: [Google]
1464174764213.jpg
72 KB, 1080x711
>>30273875
No, magazine size does not matter. Also even if they did ban 30 Rd mags, how would Leo even begin to confiscate every single one in existence.
>>
>>30273947
>No because with practice...
>>30273920
>is actually *FASTER* than...

Start thinking like the average spree shooter though.
Most of them are idiots with a gun. That they shouldn't even own: either they're psychos, or they're ISIS sympathizers, or they stole it, etc.

So their interest in guns ends with their purpose at hand. They don't want to get good at using them - most of them, at least. The last shooting where the shooter had a good deal of knowledge and planned it all.. what was it, Breivik in Europe? That Batman guy?

Maybe limiting the ease of reload for retards COULD be useful. Without killing the fun for everyone else, at least.
>>
>>30273875
No, mags are easy to make and fast to change. Plus there's always revolvers and new york reloading which, while a more expensive way to do a shooting, really wouldn't slow anyone down much.

No. Shall not be fucking infringed.

Yes. Everyone needs to learn how to respect guns. Even if it's just a one day "here's how not to put the boomy end in your mouth" lesson, everyone ought to get it. I also think marksmanship should be an elective at highschools.
>>
>>30274009
Regardless, the time it takes to change a magazine is negligible especially if you don't care about picking up/keeping your magazines since you've basically forfeited your life and have no further use of them.
>>
No
No
As an optional elective
>>
>>30273875
San bernardino was carried out with 10rnd magazines, primarily.
>>
I'm friends with a person who was shot during the siege.

He said to me that the cops may have done most of the killing themselves, Spetznaz style. He says when SWAT breached the abthroom, Omar was doing nothing but talking to negotiators. He hadn't fired a shot for a while,and he certainly didn't shoot 100 people. Supposedly when SWAT breached the bathroom, they started just spraying bullets. I have 2 family OPD officers who haven't even said a WORD about the event.

He only fired about 100 rounds, yet most people injured or killed had multiple gunshot wounds including my friend. One woman even had 12 shot in her.

Both he and I think that the muzzie killed a fair bit of people, but the Orlando PD is responsible for most of the casualties.
>>
>>30273875
Mag limits don't do anything. Unless the country banned the importation of magazines beyond a certain capacity, which would be pretty fucking hard to do, rivets would have to be used. It takes 10 seconds and a power drill to remove a rivet, something Johnny School Shooter can easily accomplish.
>>
>>30273891
>Also I suggest a two year mandatory military service period.

There's already enough retards who join, and you want more of them in there??
>>
>>30273875

Considering the statistically irrelevant number of people killed in these things, no.

And yes, I think every school should require a year of JROTC with rifle classes.
>>
>>30273875
No.

Yes. It's not a new idea.
>>
>>30274353

Daily reminder that Phil is a closeted self-hating homosexual who spends his free time thinking about men ass fucking each other
>>
>>30273875
I think all schools in America should teach, maybe in health class/home economics, the basis of operating a firearm safely (10 commandments of firearm safety, etc).
>>
With 3-D printed mag being a thing I'd say no. Plus it doesn't take much to de-neuter fixed mags currently out there.
>>
>>30273875
>Would a very low (5-10) round limit on detachable magazines help reduce the severity of these sort of events?
no. ignoring the ability to reload quickly, magazines are incredibly simple. a potential terrorist could easily manufacture 30 round magazines in a home shop.

>If yes, would you back such a law
no. because freedom.
>>
>>30274213
Tell more
>>
>>30273875
No
No
No
No
>>
>>30273891
>Also I suggest a two year mandatory military service period.
>further watering down the military
>expanding the already massive standing army
>increasing benefit leeches even more
>giving more thugs and bangers mil training
>watching even more NDs during training

And that's before mandatory service/conscription gets hauled into court. It may be provided for constitutionally but see how long that lasts when it's pushed as an infringement on personal freedom

Don't forget that retards already make it into the mil and the vast amount of stupid firearms related nonsense that come out of the military.
>>
>>30274213
So all those people we're in the bathroom and bullets don't penetrate past 8" of torso and nobody could have bled out. Neato.

Not saying they didn't kill any civies but too many people are dumping most of the fault on the police
>>
>>30273875
The mag reduction wouldn't have made any difference here, considering the bulk of the deaths were probably dragged out over multiple hours while the police sat aside.
>>
>>30274436
We did it in Agricultural studies/Shop class. Took our hunter safety courses in HS, shot skeet behind the baseball field etc. Buddy of mine joint the pistol team later.

Life in the south
>>
File: fartymcdie.png (333 KB, 375x525) Image search: [Google]
fartymcdie.png
333 KB, 375x525
>>30273891
>mandatory service period
>burgerland
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.