[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bullpups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: FN-P90_2.jpg (466 KB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
FN-P90_2.jpg
466 KB, 3072x1728
It's current year. Why hasn't every country that can afford to moved to the superior bullpup configuration yet?
>>
>>30273561
>Armpit reload
>>
>>30273561
>that can afford to
You answered your own question.
Most countries don't have the dosh or want to spend the money to replace all their rifles and those who have/are typically can get a better deal out of conventionally designed rifles.
>>
The ar15 platform will not be washed out of service for a few more decades because replacing it is expensive.
>>
>>30273561
Because military spending among most nations is by and large superfluous. If you're not aligned with America then your neighbor is, and that means fighting against them includes fighting against America (this does not apply to African nations). And since you can't win thst war conventionally, why spend extra on a rifle?
>>
File: 1425921662154.jpg (63 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1425921662154.jpg
63 KB, 500x385
>>30273561
>superior bullpup configuration
>>
File: Cheese FAMAS.jpg (330 KB, 2400x1800) Image search: [Google]
Cheese FAMAS.jpg
330 KB, 2400x1800
>>30273561
bullpup?
>>
>>30273561
i hear the trigger feel is 11/10
>>
We cannot let these assault weapons in the hands of civilians. The small profile of this assault weapon is meant to be concealed. They are loaded with lethal, explosive assault bullets designed for a one-hit kill. If a P-90 has a clip capacity of 50 assault bullets, there is a potential to make 50 kills.

The P-90 has the lethality of an AR-15, the compactness of a Glock, and the capacity of a heavy machine gun. This is an evil killing machine.

Tell me, do you want such an evil killing weapon anywhere near you? Does anybody truly need an assault weapon?

#banthebullpup
>>
File: VOLUME TIMES MASS.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
VOLUME TIMES MASS.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
>>30276146
Someone make this a copypasta.
>>
>>30273561
Because it's not really superior, just different.
To sell more guns to people who can't tell the difference.
>>
>>30273561
Are you volunteering to pay for:
>the time and effort in drafting and signing contracts between governments and manufacturers
>capital investment to begin physically producing the equipment itself
>payroll hours it will need to wrangle up even some of the current arms and decide what to do with them
>payroll hours it will need to completely retrain millions of soldiers, majority of whom don't know what bullpups are let alone have even a shred of experience with them
>build up those soldiers with the time and experience equal to the platform we've squatted on for 60 years now

I'm legally retarded, and I know you're a dumbass
>>
>>30273606
Bullshit. A proper procurement program to buy millions of rifles should be able to get costs down to basically the cost of materials.

Our military is a gigantic welfare program, this is the problem.
>>
>>30273972
So just buy like, 2 less f35s. Problem solved
>>
>>30276089
there's a range that has one for rent near me with a full auto p90. it's just expensive as balls so I havn't gotten around to it yet. I think they want $40/magazine + the rental
>>
Because it's a very marginal improvement over an AR15/AK-74/FNC/whatever platform. Small arms development has plateau'd (for military purposes, at least), and nobody wants to pay for incremental improvements on something that works well enough already. If the Cold War was still on, or something like it? Maybe. Germany was months from adopting the G11 officially when the Berlin Wall came down and blew a hole in their economy. Military spending now is basically just subsidizing the defense industry until the next big war rolls around.
>>
>>30273572
This is the easiest way to tell if someone has never fired a bullpup
>>
>>30273561
feasddcdwerfvcva
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.