[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sooo.. Looking at a VEPR-12... Opinions? Good? Bad? Indifferent?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: vepr12_1.jpg (13 KB, 650x198) Image search: [Google]
vepr12_1.jpg
13 KB, 650x198
Sooo.. Looking at a VEPR-12...

Opinions? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

Discuss.
>>
Better than catamount, saiga, and that DDI abortion.
>>
File: Vepr 12.jpg (702 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
Vepr 12.jpg
702 KB, 1224x1632
Good guns, mine runs the cheap bird shot with no problems but it had a few hiccups when I first got it.
>>
679 shipped. *This* close from ordering, but I wasn't sure if the latest VEPRs have seen any issues.

Some claim fit and finish issues on the latest batches, but I have not seen any first hand to verify.

But at 679, it's awfully hard to say no.
>>
>>30273282
its the best AK platform shotgun.

Consider/shoot a tactical threegun shotgun before you make your final decision though.

The mossberg 930jm pro/stoeger m3k/beretta 1301/versamax are both nice and in the same price range as the vepr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acKumu7SPK8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEu1dPkkTlw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2qo32_yYho
>>
File: vepr12 vs squash nosound.webm (2 MB, 736x480) Image search: [Google]
vepr12 vs squash nosound.webm
2 MB, 736x480
>>30273282
I love it. It's the shotgun I use for my weekly trap/skeet shooting. I just a psl mag pouch to hold my ammo/chokes and 4 mags for fast mag changes.
It just eats any ammo I've thrown at it, and the sgm tactical 3 piece choke set I got works great.
It's just a shame a lot of the newer imports don't have an actual folder stock, not that it's particularly handy anyway... but I like to have all the features.
>>
OP Here.

Anyone had any issues with the very latest SGM mags?||I see over at the VEPR forums that a lot of folks have had quite a few issues with SGM mags in the past, particularly the 12 rounders, but I have also read that SGM has done numerous revisions to all of them recently.

I was thinking about getting a couple 10s and a couple 12s with it, but I may just stick with 10 rounders and go with csspecs mags and/or Molot mags when funds allow.

Thoughts?
>>
File: P1060769.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2008) Image search: [Google]
P1060769.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2008
>>30273577
>Thoughts?
Even 8 rounders make the gun feel a bit unbalanced IMO vs 5rd mags. More capacity like 10 or 12 is just going to make it worse.
I've found that the regular 5rds mags are where it's at for practical use.
>>
>>30273329
Nothing wrong with them, except the stock isn't just tack welded to keep it from being a folding stock again. That's the only "bad" part about the new batches.
>>
File: IMG_2740web.jpg (133 KB, 1166x1166) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2740web.jpg
133 KB, 1166x1166
>>
The DDI-12 came out recently, looks to be a straight upgrade from the other AK scattergats. What do you guys think?
>>
File: 20160513_105004.jpg (398 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160513_105004.jpg
398 KB, 1920x1080
>>30273282
i wish i had a vepr

instead i'm stuck with this shitty saiga
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.