[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
poorfag here looking for a hunting rifle in the 200 to 300 dollar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ststevens200_041106a.jpg (5 KB, 420x82) Image search: [Google]
ststevens200_041106a.jpg
5 KB, 420x82
poorfag here looking for a hunting rifle in the 200 to 300 dollar range is the savage 200 any good do you guys have any other suggestions for the price?
>>
>>30271878
Savage Axis in 308 or Ruger American in 308
Both of which have a combo with a nice entry level scope

>inb4 "Why not muh 30-06"
Ammunition costs more and youre going to be shooting a 50lb whitetail anyway
>>
>>30271878
I've been told that savage makes some of the most accurate rifles out of the box, though I don't know anything about this particular model
>>
>>30271890
>>30271897
awesome thanks
>>
>>30271878
Anybody had the axis in .223 ? I live in an area with a caliber limit but I want to hunt coyotes
>>
Stevens 200 has been around forever and is a pretty good starter platform for a rifle.
I had a 223 original generation axis without the accutrigger. The stock was really flimsy and would throw off shots. The savage 12fv in 223 is on sale at Cabelas for $350 and has a $100 mail in rebate. I'd get one of those before an axis...
>>
Savage Axis sucks cock, get a Thompson and Center Venture in whatever caliber you want. It's MOA Guarantee and its sturdy af unlike the wet noodle Axis.
Venture is about $500.
Throw a decent Leopold on it and you got yourself a great entry level rifle.
>>
>>30273916
Oh my god you are Fud as fuck...
>>
Yugo Mauser m48
>>
>>30273962
>thread about hunting rifles
>not knowing how to spell fudd
Savage isn't even close to what it once was.
>>
>>30274027
>thread about hunting rifles
>spew stupid shit
>get an angry response
Savage is fine you dumb nigger. You can also get much better glass for the money than a fucking Leopold, especially in the $<300 range.
>>
>>30274058
Sorry I didn't know wanting a decent rifle for a good price was Fudd. Am I a Fudd for owning bolt action rifles and hunting? Do you even know what Fudd means?
>>
>>30274058
The stocks are shit on the axis though, why buy the rifle then buy a stock when you can get something better for a similar price. Also you're so very right about the scope thing, but it's not like Leopold makes bad glass.
>>
>>30275307
>similar price
>66% more expensive
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.