[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup k Eurofag here, soon enough i'm going to buy my very
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: backwards-pointing-gun.jpg (31 KB, 511x307) Image search: [Google]
backwards-pointing-gun.jpg
31 KB, 511x307
sup k

Eurofag here, soon enough i'm going to buy my very first firearm. A pistol being more specific.
The gun is going to serve as EDC plus i'm going to shoot it every sunday to practice situational use of a handgun.
I'm probably gonna use it in competition too, but that's not the main goal.

What would you guys recommend?

It has to be reliable so i can trust it with my life.
>>
>>30271164
What cunt, what price range?

Bearing in mind that anything we tell you to get is probably going to cost double what it does here.
>>
Where do you come from and is it legal to carry there?
>>
Let's say that i have 900 euro for that
>>
>>30271196
Yeah, it's legal to CC in Poland.
>>
>>30271202
Ironically, this is among the few European countries where I don't feel I need to carry.
>>
>>30271197
Glock, Smith and Wesson M&P, big 357 Magnum revolver, or maybe a little 38 special revolver. I don't really know how much guns go for over there nor do I know what is commonly available, but you can't go wrong with a glock, glock rip off, or revolver.
>>
>>30271197
Do you want a compact peestol or are you huge enough to pull off CC'ing a fullsize service pistol?
>>
>>30271202
No it isn't. Stop deluding yourself.
>>
>>30271226
Please elaborate
>>
>>30271217
The only issue is ammo, other than 9mm is rather expensive up here
>>30271219
I'm 6'2, 180 pounds, rather bigger hands
>>
File: this.png (121 KB, 1707x815) Image search: [Google]
this.png
121 KB, 1707x815
>>30271226
>>
>>30271164
>The gun is going to serve as EDC plus i'm going to shoot it every sunday to practice situational use of a handgun.
Avoid anything that fires rounds smaller than .50BMG, too little stopping power imho.
>>
>>30271239
And number 3 applies to me - Target shooting. While you move to shooting range in a stuffed with firearms car, you gotta protect the cargo. The law allows that
>>
>>30271239
Well there you go. Thanks.
>>
>>30271239
Doesn't say anything about concealed carry.
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 661x496) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 661x496
Charter arms pitbull in 40 s&w, or 45acp
With a 4-5 inch barrel would be a nice mix between taget gun, and wouldn't be to big so CC'in not a problem.
>>
ยง 8. 1. Carry firearm in a case or a holster.
2. Firearm that serves as self defense carry in a way least visible in a holster attached close to the body
3. Firearm that does not serve as a self defense if it's possible because of its size, carry like described above

That's part of the law
>>
>>30271252

That's not really CCing, nor would make it part of your EDC. Unless you plan to go to the range every single day.
>>
>>30271279
If 9mm is expensive in poland, i cant even begin to fathom the price of 40s&w or 45acp.
I think its a good thing to afford to shoot the gun on a regular basis.
>>
>>30271284
These 3 points above say everything about carry in Poland. If it ain't described it ain't forbidden.
>>
>>30271293
Well, let's say that for pack of 50 9mm costs about 10 bucks
>>
>>30271301

If you think a Wikipedia summary gives the exact words and interpretation of the law, you are a moron.

Do you honestly believe they haven't considered people trying to hoodwink "going to the range" for "I am CCing"?
>>
File: eyyy.jpg (96 KB, 957x718) Image search: [Google]
eyyy.jpg
96 KB, 957x718
>>30271309
Get a CZ75 or a fullsize glock.
Reliable and proven service pistols, and you can participate the polish IPSC just fine.
You probably have a production/standard division in bullseye shooting in poland aswell.
>>
>>30271320
Why don't you simply trust me since i live in this shit and i know people who CC with target shooting permit.
But instead you rely on english wikipedia that isn't close to accurate and up to date?
>>
>>30271347

Because *you* are the one that is presuming that this English wikipedia is reliable, I am saying it is certainly isn't.

It doesn't even have a single citation, I'm calling anyone who trusts it a moron.

But you are deflecting the question, so I'll ask again, do you honestly believe they haven't considered people trying to hoodwink "going to the range" for "I am CCing"?
>>
>>30271366
Well, sir. I didn't say anywhere that you're only allowed to carry a weapon while going to the range. That was one of the many reasons which resulted in law changes. Changes that allowed sport shooters carry a weapon everyday.
>>30271283
I've translated a part of the act that refers to carrying a weapon. It's somewhat chaotic but understandable
>>
>>30271366
Why would you presume to know more about the subject than the dude actually doing it you fucking know it all. Did you argue with your doctor about whether that vaccine shot that sent you autistic was going to work because you have never the scientific paper proving it's effectiveness? Regardless OP didn't ask for help understanding the law in his country, which you are not from.

>>30271403
Have you thought about a Makarov? Maybe 9x18 is cheaper in eastern europe.
>>
>>30271164
Yes buy a Polish pistol. Very good for shooting behind you.
>>
>>30271530
Nah, due crimea annexation we have an embargo for nearly everything that has something in common with military
>>
Are you limited to owning just one?
>>
>>30271683
Matter of fact, no
>>
File: Super_soaker_50.jpg (30 KB, 470x308) Image search: [Google]
Super_soaker_50.jpg
30 KB, 470x308
>>30271164
Well seeing as the EU is trying to fuck gun laws, I'd recommend getting one of these vintage pieces.

And when waiting for it to come, you could try protesting or something.

https://www.all4shooters.com/en/Shooting/law/EU-gun-ban-European-Council-approves/
>>
>>30273762
Truth be told, Poland is pretty strict when it comes down to gun laws, proposals by EU won't affect it much
>>
>>30274432
It's worth reading the laws to understand the proposed changes, but they certainly could be taken to read as a ban on all guns that take a magazine. It's written so that for pistols, any one that can accept (it doesn't have to be in possession of the owner) a magazine of more than 20 rounds is verboten. Someone, once, anywhere in the world manufactured an extended mag, and then it's not allowed. Same for long guns, but 10 rounds.

That, and this is a great opportunity to show that the gun owners of Europe will stand up for our sport & hobby. If we don't, it's only downhill...
>>
>>30271164
Makarov
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.