[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/, thinking of picking up a CZ75B tomorrow. What is preferred,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: australian_silky_oak_02.jpg (104 KB, 640x351) Image search: [Google]
australian_silky_oak_02.jpg
104 KB, 640x351
Sup /k/, thinking of picking up a CZ75B tomorrow.

What is preferred, the regular "B" model" or the "BD"?

I'm coming from Sigs so I don't mind DA/SA. I figure I can manually de-cock the B model and have the choice of DA or SA with the thumb safety.
>>
>>30268002
b is safety model
bd is decocker

the safet models are simpler to detail strip

there is no safety and decocker cz
omega gives you the option to swap between safety and decocker the parts are different from the older non omega guns
>>
>>30268002
>I'm coming from Sigs
That sounds like the BD is your huckleberry, unless you're really set on carrying condition one.
>>
I have the BD and I love it. I got the BD because thats what my gun store had in stock. If you are comfortable manually de-cocking the B, then fine. Personally, I've seen a few NDs happen this way and don't want to be reduced to lowering the hammer with a live cartridge in the chamber. If you're carrying decocked, the trigger pull is 8lbs.
>>
>>30268002
>I figure I can manually de-cock the B model and have the choice of DA or SA with the thumb safety.
oh yeah i should point out if you decock the gun you cant activate the safety
manually decocking the b is trivial since cz decocks to half cock
>>
>>30268054

From what I've read, the Omega limits me to parts from CZ-USA, so no aftermarket support.

I understand the different models, so you're saying that the B cannot be carried in DA? I don't have an issue with a safety so long as it's easy to deactivate.
>>
>>30268139
the b can be carried in da
it just impossible to flip the safety on if you manually decock it

your options are gun decocked or cocked and locked
there is no decocked and locked
>>
>>30268182

Oh, well yeah. A manual safety and DA is overly redundant IMO.
>>
>>30268232
ehh the ability to lock a decocked gun is more of the norm though
in this case cz is the outlier
see berreta 92s and most other da/sa guns where the safety doubles as a decocker if you push it farther
>>
File: CZ75_41.jpg (319 KB, 845x634) Image search: [Google]
CZ75_41.jpg
319 KB, 845x634
>>30268002
CZ-75 short rail is most preferred
>>
>>30268272

I've carried a Sig for years, the lack of a safety in DA isn't really concerning for me.
>>
>>30268864
im not saying its a bad thing just pointing it out
>>
>>30268002
Aside from the firing system, which I think will be preference (decocker models are more high speed low drag, but safety models give you the option to carry cocked-and-locked), the triggers don't feel the same between the two.

Pre-B has best trigger (they vary, though)
B has a good trigger
BD has an OK trigger - a little more uneven through the double action pull

That said, the pre-B's are not that much better than the B's, and the decocker CZ's are not terrible by any means. The decocker design that CZ uses is more like Sigs' decocker in how it operates than it is like Beretta or HK decockers, regard to how it lowers the hammer.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.