[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you like Gerber knives?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 800x495) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 800x495
Why don't you like Gerber knives?
>>
Because the handle doesn't tickle my prostate right
>>
>>30265556

My first knife was a Gerber. Good knife, had it from 15-20yrs old. Got borro-stolen at a party though
>>
>>30265556
GERBER knives? Why don't I like GERBER knives? I'm not sure, GERBER knives seem okay in theory, but GERBER knives do seem a bit tacky, what with all the GERBER branded logos everywhere on your GERBER knife.
>>
>>30265556
Mostly cheap shit from china
>>
In 2010 on deployment we were given Gerber spring-assist knives, that deployed through the top of the knife a la switchblade. They were fucking great knives and had no bear grylls shit on them. I'm not a nogunz fagmo that resorts to knowing about knives because I can't own guns so I can't speak for all Gerber knives but in my experience I always got the vibe that they were professional, and well-made. The Army likes to short us on a lot of types of equipment (cheap uniforms, crappy food, etc) but most of our durable equipment and TA50 were all breddy gud.
>>
>>30265556
Gerber is OK, but the Bear Grylls stuff is utter shit
>>
>>30265770
Nice. On my 2009 deployment, we received a gerber multi tool. The kind where the pliers come out of the top. Now, it's just a range tool
>>
>>30265770
You mean a Gerber Covert or Mini-Covert FAST?

yea they were good, when they were still made in Taiwan, cause they used 154CM or S35VN for the blade steel, but after they switched to China production, they started using 440A or something, so they turned to shit quick.

Only other Gerber worth a fuck is the Trident, and the fatass folder that weighs almost a pound and sell at walmart for ~$40. The Mini-covert FAST can be had at your local Home Depot for ~$24.

I personally like the Mini-Covert non-FAST model due to it being extremely light and has a great pocketclip so it stays out the way when you go digging in your jeans. Only problem I ever had was when the clip got caught on a doorframe and stripped out the screw-holes. Gerber did send me out a new pocketclip and 2 screws when I called the next day, however, no questions asked. 10/10 customer service in my book.

So to answer your question OP, if its Gerber and has a NSN, then its not shit.
>>
>>30265556

I have that knife, briddy gud.
>>
>>30265904
I lost count of the issued Gerber multi-tools that got lost/stolen in my deployments... fucking swear you put it down and take your eyes off it for more than 10 seconds some cunt would pop out of an alternate dimension and nick it.
>>
>>30265556
I love the paraframe lock knives. Finally got a tanto blade. For 20 bucks they're great all around, legal, knives
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x3779) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x3779
>>30265556
Because they all are tip down carry and I hate that
>>
>>30268183
I got butt loads of gerber stuff from USAF. If it's good enough for the MIL 8ts good enough fo me.
>>
>>30268398
Yeah a lot of people seem to think a lot of 'knives' carried by soldiers in Iraq and Afghan where great big honking combat knives, machetes and tomahawks. But for most of us those little multitools seemed to be our staple day by day kit out in the field which fixed everything from diesel engines, jammed SAW's and broken hearts.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.