[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ROTC Eligibility
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: soldier_1937589c.jpg (47 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
soldier_1937589c.jpg
47 KB, 460x287
Hello /k/, long time /pol/ack here, didn't want to bring this to /b/, so I thought this is the best place.

I'll be starting at new university this fall as a sophomore and am interested in doing ROTC. Leaning towards AF, but am open to Army/Navy. I'm afraid I might be DQ'd based on some things. I talked to a ROTC recruiter at my school and they basically said we won't know until I'm in the program etc.

In your opinion, and I know it's a crapshoot, will these significantly reduce my chances of becoming an officer?

-Currently prescribed ritalin for ADD, function fine without it though.
-Misdemeanor which occurred < 1yr ago for cyber crime. I actually voluntarily turned myself in for this because I felt guilty.

I'm a CS major, great GPA, work at a major defense contractor and have significant foreign language/culture experience. Should I even bother signing up for the courses?
>>
>>30265448
Don't.
>>
>>30265448
>CS major
>great GPA
>foot in the door with defense $$$
>foreign language

Good lord why would you devalue your skill set in the miluhtarry go be rich son this is america
>>
>>30265529
>go be rich son this is america
don't really care too much about money.
>>
>>30265448
>Currently prescribed ritalin for ADD, function fine without it though.
This is a MDQ for NROTC. Technically possible to get a waiver for it, but they don't hand them out often. While I was in NROTC we had three people removed from the program (luckily they weren't obligated to pay the scholarship funds back since it was a medical disqual) for diagnosed ADD/ADHD.
>>
>>30268323
This
Any drugs for adhd disqualifies you. You likely won't see a waiver.
Source: Went through Army ROTC and have seen 3 separate rejections over the years
>>
>>30268368
To add to this post
Unlike the Nrotc guy, two of them had to repay. The other one didn't have to, but he got disqualified before he got the federal scholarship.
>>
AFROTC cadet here, it doesn't hurt to join the program and try it out until you hit your DODMERB. You don't get a service commitment till Junior year unless you're gunning for a scholarship. You're going to be a little behind the curve entering as a sophomore (250) and you'll have to compete for Field Training right out of the gate, but the EA numbers are really good now, so go for a taste if you're at all interested.
>>
>prescribed mood altering drugs
>criminal history

yea you're not gonna be an officer dude, maybe in 03-04 you could have squeaked in
>>
>>30268368
If I took adderall in highschool, am I fucked? Or can I just float it under the radar if I don't mention it?
>>
>>30265448
Do you still take the Ritalin? If so then stop and never mention it again. The misdemeanor most likely won't have an effect on your security clearance unless it was a crime of moral turpitude. But I'm not an investigator so don't take my word for it.

-Former commissioned officer through Army ROTC who was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid
>>
>>30268699
Took as in because you had a prescription or recreationally? If it was prescribed and on your medical history then what was said above applies and you're probably boned. If not, then don't say anything and it won't matter (assuming you're not still taking it).
>>
>>30268699
Don't mention it ever, like ever.
>>
>>30265551
It's not about the money anon it's about the power !
>>
>>30268726
It was prescribed but it was through a private M.D. in a place I don't even live in anymore.
>>
>>30268761
That's still the wrong attitude if you want to become an officer
>>
>>30268781
Don't mention it anywhere, I've been in for over 10 years and nobody knows
>>
>>30268699
Just don't mention it or the diagnosis EVER.
>>
>>30268808
Until you're overseas and tell the combat stress people you have issues concentrating, then they'll give you concerta
>>
>>30265448

>Cyber Crime

You will never get a security clearance.
Officers need one.
>>
>>30265448
> I actually voluntarily turned myself in for this because I felt guilty.

Should be DQed for being stupid.
>>
>>30268699

Don't volunteer any medical history. The best case that happens if you give them everything is nothing. The worst is a medical DQ. Just don't give them anything.
>>
>>30268699
It's fine. You just tell them you've been off of it for over a year. That is the pre req for joining. I currently in and still taking adderall. Once you're in, you can get a diagnosis again.
>>
>>30268827
Bullshit. Serving stateside, never diagnosed before I joined, taking adderall.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.