[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, /pol/ack here with a someone unorthodox question. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
Hey /k/, /pol/ack here with a someone unorthodox question. The shit is definitely hitting the fan, and we're almost certain to see some more happenings in the coming month. Living in Orlando, under a mile from Pulse; this whole thing has shook me up a little bit. I definitely am going to be purchasing myself a firearm, just in case.
The thing is, I have a sort of strange work situation.. For about the next 30 days I'll be surviving on less than 200$, but will be making a good 10,000 after those 30 days.
I'll definitely buy a high quality firearm when I do get that money, but I just don't feel comfortable waiting until then. Do you guys have suggestions at all towards the cheapest possible, reliable firearm I could buy? I can try to gather up a little more money if necessary. Also suggestions on what to buy in 30 days would be great.
Also I'm unfortunately only 20 years old; so I'm not sure as to how the law works there in Florida, and if I can get a handgun or not.. I think I can get one, but not the ammo?
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 640x480
Get a single shot 13 gauge for home defense for around $100. You can find them at most own shops. It's not optimal but it's within your price range and you can buy some 00 buck for it.
>>
>>30264645
12 gauge obviously. Fat fingered
>>
File: good info.jpg (4 MB, 3900x5008) Image search: [Google]
good info.jpg
4 MB, 3900x5008
>>30264614
This is old but might help. Pawn shops are good but you should study the /k/ sticky and look for broken parts.
>>
Get a Mossberg Maverick 88. They're about $200ish. It'll be good for the immediate, if you can scrounge the money. Just skip the snack section whenever you go to your local Publix.
>>
>>30264614
go for a black powder revolver - it looks great with assless leather chaps, and you'd be heroic in the community if you get to gun down some psycho shitbird who isn't man enough to watch a couple of dudes kissing.
>>
>>30264614
Save the dosh, get a cheap but effective and reliable long arm
>>
>>30264645
>>30264654
>13 Guage

Great. Now i want one
>>
>>30264746
A 13GA would be smaller than a 12GA. 6GA master race
>>
>>30264767
>he doesn't run an 1GA pistol as his EDC
>2016
>having arms
>>
>>30264614
Hi Point

Pistol if you want to CCW otherwise a carbine.

Caliber of your choice. 9mm or 40sw are the better options though.
>>
>>30264614
When it comes time to spend more money on firearms you can't go wrong following this strategy.

Save $1500
>Get a basic ar15-$600
>Get a 420 round can of ammo and 6 mags- $180-$200
>go to the range and practice with your rifle. Save 120 rounds at all times in loaded mags
>get 9mm pistol- around 400
> get 200 rounds of target loads and practice with all of it-$60
>get 75 rounds of defensive ammo and practice with 30 to see how it shoots, keep the rest loaded-$60
>>
>>30264614
Read the laws you ignorant cunt. Gun laws for wach state are on Wikipedia

Unfortunately if you have no savings and such a low income, I can't suggest a gun

Not because guns are expensive, but because range time and ammo add up, and I can't encourage someone to own a gun without practice
>>
>>30264801
This is a solid plan.

Also checkout https://youtu.be/O7vD-aYInZc

It's good inspiration for practicing regularly (monthly) on a budget.
Dry fire, and mag change practice should be daily
>>
>>30264802
>can't encourage someone to own a gun without practice

I can, get a bolt action 22 and a box of ammo.
>>
>>30264645
>>30264654
>>30264670
>>30264677
Thanks all; I really appreciate it, I'll look into all those options.
And I'm very good at shooting already, my best friend in college's uncle owned a farm with a full shooting range outside of town, and I went there to shoot at least 2 times a week for 4 years. Not very well informed in guns otherwise though.
>>
File: p64.jpg (99 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
p64.jpg
99 KB, 800x533
>>30264614
At that price its pretty much highpoints and surplus. The cheapest surplus handgun that I know of is the P-64. It's concealable and reliable, but it fires 9mm makarov, not the same as regular 9mm, and has a very heavy double action trigger, firing the first shot without pulling the hammer back takes a lot of strength. You can get one here for $199 in the next 4 hours, https://www.classicfirearms.com/polish-radom-p64-pistols-for-sale
>>
>>30264850
If you have $200 to spend, Maverick 88 and a few boxes of shells is your absolute best bet. Hands down. You could defend your house for the rest of your life with that gun.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>30264801
This. This is what I have invested in my home defense guns.

>dti ar-15-$600
> stolen valor rear sight-free
>vortex sparc II-$170
>20 usgi mags- $70
>sig sp2022 with 4 mags-$420

Have a few hundred rounds for each
>>
>>30264870
>dick grips
>>
>>30264831
OP is on a very limited budget. That means he'll probably own only one gun.

Bolt action 22 is great for plinking and getting used to the bang. Useless for home/self defense. Can't encourage op to own that
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.