[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DEUS VULT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: DEUSVULT.jpg (58 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
DEUSVULT.jpg
58 KB, 960x540
If the Crusades happened today, how would they be fought? What weapons would be used to wage holy war?
>>
>>30262936
Well considering Europe has been completely pussified, the only people who would answer the call would be burgers. And mainly the really anti Islam burgers. So fudds and tacticool shits. Also poorfag NEETS on /k/.

That makes the guns to be AR-15s, mosins, and Remington 700s.
>>
>>30263069
Huh.

Fpbp.
>>
>>30262936
Do you mean if the catholic church organized military expeditions to the middle east to regain control of the holy lands?

That just wouldn't happen.
>>
>>30262936
vitam et sanguinem
>>
>>30262936
If the Vatican was outfitting troops, they'd probably send an RFP for kebab removers, and buy whatever they got the best deal on, in terms of small arms. I'm guessing probably something from Sig or FN.

However, the idea of the Church pissing away money outfitting an army seems a little silly.

I mean, what would the goal be? Reclaiming the Holy Land? I'm pretty sure you can visit that shit reasonably freely without needing an army.

What the hell would have to transpire for this idea to be remotely possible? ISIS attacks Vatican City?
>>
>>30262936
Can someone photoshop that to be a regular AK47 and not that failed prototype rifle that Russia tested please.
>>
>>30263228
Isis have stated they want to attack and eventually take control over Rome.
I cant imagine the church ever making that big of a sacrifice. Lots of money goes into churches but hardly enough to outfit a modern army that could take Isis.
>>
>>30263251
It's the Catholic Church.
If they want an army they have a good portion of South America willing to go and fight for the price of weaponry to use against them, and most of America willing to fight because it's the Middle East we're speaking about (they might be Catholic but if they want a crusade who am I to say no)

So they have a nice non-standing army with plenty of people with military experience and weaponry of their own to bring.
They get millions and billions of dollars.
If you translate that into purchasing weaponry from arms dealers and small countries you can easily outfit everyone with a rifle at least, and tanks won't be too hard to acquire from Eastern Europe for a small fee.

Air power wise getting some Sesnas with Machineguns sticking out the side won't be hard either.

It could easily be done by the Catholic Church.
>>
>>30263251
They are one of the most wealthy and powerful institutions the earth has ever seen, and they like hanging on to their wealth. I just don't see them wasting money arming crusaders, even if it is a very reasonable per-unit cost.

But if it's a legit holy war against savage Muhammedans, called for by Catholics everywhere as a response to <insert brutal political event>, they might at least try.
>>
>>30262936
Like any other religious zealot: bombs, military grade assault rifles with upgraded lethality for twice the damage, etc. I have no reason to believe a church would produce different militants than a mosque.

You probably want to hear silly shit to feed your fantasy though, like plasma swords and choir boy drones.
>>
>>30263228
>I mean, what would the goal be? Reclaiming the Holy Land?
A more modern approah would be portecting and training local Christian Communities and villages to defend themselves
>>
>>30264425
They'd likely have to be Catholic.
Are there a lot of Catholics in the 'Oly Land?

Also, we can't rule out forcible conversion, like in the olden days.
>>
>>30263843
If they're being funded and (presumably) trained by the Chorch, I should hope they can do better than Soviet surplus like the current opposition fields.
>>
I doubt it would be organized.

The Vatican is being overwhelmed from the inside. The current pope is the antipope and V2 is corrupting Catholicism.

It would most likely be an indirect call for arms from various traditional Archbishops and such and "crusaders" from every corner of the world mobilizing in the ME and forming mini battalions.

So basically the Peshmerga.
>>
It would have to be instigated by a violent and brutish event that political pundits and church leader's can point to. Not Sandy Hookerino, Not Orlander, more like Breivek or summit. The fighters would be outfitted by local agencies and support groups or bring their own shit. Regulations on ammo types would be necessary to keep forces in the field. So prob 9/45 and 5.56/x39/x51 bought by the case.
>>
>>30265046
And the current political climate I'm the US would have to be slightly theocratic in order to let US citizens charter boats and planes and leave with weapons
>>
>>30262936
>7.62x39 AN94
>>
>>30263843
>assault rifles with upgraded lethality for twice the damage

What the fuck are you talking about? A gun does what it was built to do. It built to be as efficient as possible at what it does. Do you upgrade it to make people double dead? If it doesn't do it's fucking job well enough in the first place, then it's just a piece of shit.
>>
>>30265213
I think it was some kind of COD/video game joke, yo.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.