[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying my first AR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
So I'm pretty set on buying myself a Palmetto PTAC Upper receiver and getting a mil spec Bolt Carrier Group and a Bravo company Ambidextrous Charging handle.

I hear a lot of negatives about the PTAC upper.

My Price range is about 550 for the rifle not including accessories.

Moving on to optics, I think I'm gonna get a Eotech 512, thoughts, /k/?
>>
That's laughable.
>>
>>30262266
I bet your name is Mark and you live in GA
>>
>>30262284
get out cancerfag, if you're not gonna contribute to the thread stop being a nigger and gtfo
>>
>>30262307
also garbage
>>
What about the lower? If you've heard bad things it's probably not worth your money. For like $650 you can get a s&w m&p15 sport. It will be a decent rifle for a beginner. As for the eotech I'd advise you to go with something else. An aimpoint pro would be better in my opinion.
>>
>>30262308
You're a dumb fuck.
Please buy a shit gun and waste money on an unnecessary optic.
I'm contributing by sage.
>>
>>30262465
I like the shape of the eotech reticle, I use it alot in games - also, their products are supposedly better now. my lower is going to be a PSA Magpul CTR lower for 180 bucks
>>
>>30262503
dude I'm a marine corps vet, and I own a 1911 and an 870... what the fuck is your issue? I already told you to get the fuck out
>>
bump(BMP-2)
>>
>>30262519
>I'm a vet

As far as gun knowledge is concerned, it means jack shit.

If that's the first AR you're buying, just get yourself a basic, starter rifle. Don't go trying to build on when you don't have any experience with the gun or the building process (and no, the time you spent cleaning your m16/m4 doesn't count), especially when your budget indicates that you cannot afford to waste money on a failed rifle.

Get a basic, starter AR, fire a couple hundred rounds, get used to the gun and it's workings, get some advice from people who know their way around AR building (have built a few themselves), and THEN you can envision building your own.

S&W M&P 15 Sport 2 is close to your budget and has a good rep.

Feel free to ignore, just my 0.02$
>>
>>30264545
I'll get a M and P then probably, thanks /k/
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.