[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question, /k/. How long do you think it will be before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 480x360
Serious question, /k/. How long do you think it will be before the US introduces serious gun control legislation? Is there a chance that semiautomatic weapons will be outlawed within the next five or ten years?

I'm just curious as an outsider
>>
Not a chance in hell
>>
>How long do you think it will be before the US introduces serious gun control legislation?
Not going to happen.
And I'm not a fudd with a Gadsden flag, it's just not possible in the US.
>>
Hopefully never (speaking from the other side of the atlantic).
>>
>>30260921
Cali is working on it, everywhere else is a non-starter
>>
>>30260937
http://www.salon.com/2016/06/13/nobody_needs_an_ar_15_the_orlando_massacre_teaches_us_again_that_we_must_ban_semi_automatic_human_killing_machines/

What I mean more specifically if there's a danger of this sort of mentality gaining momentum or if it's just a few whiny lefties as usual
>>
>>30260921

So the Dems asking for gun control will go like this:
>no
>no
>no
>no
>no
>yes
>..silence, and rights gone until next revolution.

It will happen. To be honest, how many governments exist in one form for 226 years? That's an old constitution and it's largely ignored now anyway which is why the country has been turning to shit.
>>
>>30260921
By this time next year. You guys do realize that a Hillary administration is inevitable, right?
>>
What don't you fuckers understand about "keep gun control on >>>/pol/
>>
>>30260988
Calm yur 'tism broseph
>>
>>30260973
But Republicans will still control the Senate and House in Congress. The only problem will be the Supreme Court when she appoints her shills.
>>
>>30260973
Even if Hillary is being sincere about gun control and isn't just pandering like she always does, there's no way congress or the senate would let her run wild
>>
>>30260999
>>30261010
Well we already know which direction the SCOTUS will swing and a republican majority in congress isn't a sure thing.
>>
Not possible, period. There are already millions and millions of guns in the country, and we have GIGANTIC borders with both Mexico and Canada, the former being the most trouble.

Gun control works great in some little country the size of a flyover state that had few gun owners to start with and really tiny borders, but trying to say that what works for, say, Sweden, will work for America is just absolutely real-deal fully retarded.
>>
>>30260963
http://archive.is/fybtf
>>
File: 1465770343317.png (185 KB, 700x929) Image search: [Google]
1465770343317.png
185 KB, 700x929
Never.
>>
>>30260963
>or if it's just a few whiny lefties as usual

pretty much and they come out in full force shitposting loudly after an event like this.
>>
File: 1378157127173.gif (498 KB, 255x235) Image search: [Google]
1378157127173.gif
498 KB, 255x235
>passing gun control in Florida
>ever
>>
>>30260988
>oi vey, stop talking about important topical things in places where people might see them! We made containment boards for a reason!
>>
>>30260999
If Trump loses this election, the Dems will take control of congress you mong
>>
>>30260988
Fuck you and the mods dick you rode in on.
>>
File: 1459487503632.png (204 KB, 750x3200) Image search: [Google]
1459487503632.png
204 KB, 750x3200
>>30260921
Jan/Feb 2017 at the earliest. Unless the Democrats control the House, Senate, and Presidency, gun control is DOA. I won't say it's 100% impossible for leaders from both parties to sit and hammer out a reasonable plan that could reduce annual deaths involving firearms without infringing on anyone's rights, but it's not bloody fucking likely.

The closest we've come to a bipartisan bill was the Manchin-Toomey agreement, but that wasn't as much a new bipartisan solution to keeping guns out of the wrong hands as it was just a laundry list of shit both sides wanted. For example, Dems got a 10 round magazine limit, and Republicans got Right to Carry Reciprocity. It ended up being the worst of both worlds, because it was full of third rails for each party. For example, Mass, Cali, and NY would have had to recognize the easiest licenses in the country to get (NH, for example, is $10, you supply 3 references, they run a background check, and it's good for 4 years), in order for Dems to get universal background checks (I'm not making my daughter get a background check before I hand her down a rifle).
>>
>>30260963
it's morons who have no idea what they're talking about yelling loudly for virtue signaling purposes. there's no way.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.