[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What affordable AR15 trigger kit is the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: Colt_JP-yellow_1.jpg (365 KB, 1534x1544) Image search: [Google]
Colt_JP-yellow_1.jpg
365 KB, 1534x1544
What affordable AR15 trigger kit is the best?
>>
>>30256636
Define affordable.
>>
>>30256636

ALG ACT with the 4.5lb spring installed. It's how the AR-15 trigger should have always been
>>
>>30256935

And it's like 60 bucks and made by Geiselle.
>>
>>30256948
>made by Geiselle.
is that bad?

>>30256919
around $100
>>
>>30256978
larue mbt!
>>
>>30256978
>>made by Geiselle.
>is that bad?

No, Geissele is widely considered the gold standard of AR triggers. Wait until the 4th of July sale and pick up a G2S, which is a slightly simplified version of their excellent SSA trigger, for around $130. I've read plenty of reviews comparing the G2S and the SSA, and most say the differences not feel between the two is minimal. If you really can't afford the extra money for the G2S, the ALG trigger is closer in feel to a stock AR, but tuned for a smoother and lighter pull. It's an excellent trigger for the money. Whatever you decide, you can't go wrong with a Geissele/ALG trigger.
>>
>>30257134
*differences in feel
>>
Palmetto State's improved trigger. Dirt fucking cheap and a world of difference.
>>
>>30257134
>the ALG trigger is closer in feel to a stock AR,
that's what I wanted to hear.
>>
ALG QMS is good if you really can't spring for the extra $20

It won't be the lightest trigger, but there will be zero creep (unless you're just finger fucking the gun and really going slow with some trigger pulls) w/ a nice hard reset.

And yes, it is in fact a highly polished mil-spec trigger. As someone who doesn't mind most tedious tasks I will say I fucking hate polishing anything
>>
>>30257296

thx for the input.
i ordered an ALG QMS trigger,
>>
>>30257134
>Geissele
How do you pronounce the man's Christian name? I freely admit I don't know.
>>
>>30257397
Guyslee. I was never sure either but saw some video with him in it recently.
>>
>>30256978
hipertouch edt $89
>>
>>30257434
guy sah lee.

Bill's a bro.
>>
Any triggers you guys might be able to recommend that are super smooth but reliable enough for hd/shtf go to primary weapon?
I would like to stay around $100 but might be willing to spend up to $200.
It would be going on a colt ar I've been messing with
>>
>>30257574
geissele
>>
>>30256636
Is that your Colt trigger set? Can you take a picture of the other side? If not, can you tell me whats stamped on the other side of the hammer?
>>
Is the BCM PNT trigger any good?

I'm thinking about picking up their LPK unless there is something better for the money.
>>
>>30257574
Any milspec trigger and a quick use of simichrome will be just as good, if not better, than a $100+ Gizelle trigger. Unless you gonna get the $300 NSN listed Giselle Auto trigger, don't bother with that fanboy shit.
>>
>>30257574
small pin or large pin colt?
>>
>>30257592
This, if it makes you feel better about having on a "fighting rifle" the Geissele SSA is NSW approved.
>>
>>30257625
the bcm enhanced lpk is a good value if you need a trigger. trigger is better than the usual junk AR trigger so expect it to be on par with at least the ALG trigger so figure $45 for that. $15-20 for the pistol grip included. $10 for the trigger guard. $30 for the rest of the LPK is a good price
>>
>>30257631
Stop posting.
>>
>>30257631
Shut up you illiterate fuck.
>>
>>30257689
I got a literal turd I painted with 24K gold paint for sale, its $5. You wanna buy it? It only costs 5x more than a normal piece of shit, and I know you are into buying overpriced shit just because it costs more than the regular thing.
>>
figure the geissele cost as a "convenience fee." could you polish your trigger to make it equal to a G2S? yeah. do a lot of us want to or have the knowledge to? not really. have to be patient and careful to not overdo it or you fuck the whole thing up.
>>
>>30256636

> Expensive:

Match grade trigger from Giselle, Timney, or CMC. All are excellent, and cost $100+

> Economy:

ALG trigger, or;

PSA Enhanced Polished Trigger, $39-49 USD

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-pa10-enhanced-polished-trigger.html

Very similar to the ALG, lower price, still better than stock mil specs.

> Poor Fag method 1

Degrease the trigger, and then coat the mating surfaces (The silver bits) With either-
> Royal Purple Gun Oil
> FP-10
> Weaponshield
> Prolong Engine Treatment

It needs to be one of the products i've listed above, as all contain a 'metal treatment'. If your lubricant does not claim some type of metal treatment chemistry / technology this will NOT work.

Once you've thoroughly coated the trigger parts (There should be a small pool on the shiny bit you can see looking into the receiver), dry fire the lower (Safely, hold the hammer so it doesn't bang the mag well) 1000-2000 times.

Metal treatments form special coatings on the metal which cause it to smooth out gradually at a microscopic level. This smooths out your trigger without changing the tolerances. It's not as good as match grade, but will come close to the ALG / PSA improved trigger when done.

> Poor fag method 2
Coat trigger mating areas with Birchwood casey MLP, let dry, dry fire lower 1-2000 times. Not as good as 1st method.
>>
>>30257724
Are you baiting or are you an actual retard? Be honest, because I find it hard to believe that people could be so stupid as to think all triggers are the same except for a coating.
>>
Not OP by the way sorry didn't mean to thread jack just figured it be better than starting a new thread.

>>30257592
Any specific model you would personally recommend?

>>30257606
Think it's a large pin but not gonna lie kinda new to the ar platform kinda learning as I work on it. It started of as a colt expanse (colts new cheap entry level model)

>>30257625
so just look up some YouTube videos and start polishing away on the stock trigger basically?
>>
>>30257746
if you want to spend the time vs buying, yes, polish away.

as for what geissele depends on what you want. SSA is a solid choice. a lot of people like the SSA-E which is a little lighter than the SSA. SDC and SDC-E are the same as the above but with straight triggers. SD3G and S3G are if you want a really light single stage. hi-speed is if you want an adjustable to your exact desire trigger.
>>
>>30257746
its a normal pin trigger set then, colt stopped doing their stupid large-pin bullshit around 2008ish. Just tell me whats stamped on the other side of the hammer plz.

Use simichrome, its ~$5 for a fuckbig toothpaste tube, put it on all the shiny surfaces, and then dryfire it about 500x without letting the hammer smack the bolt release. If you daring, you can go get car engine "valve compound" and do the same thing, except dont dryfire, just coat it on, and then push the hammer up and down while its still locked back so it polishes the shit outta the mating surfaces. Don't listen to these retards that cant shoot worth a fuck, so they went and bought a $200 trigger and still cant shoot worth shit, yet their placebo effect and monitary contribution makes them lie to themselves and others on the internet about "how giselle trigger r da bessSt" and why you should totally get one so you can bask together in buyers remorse.
>>
File: IMG_20140719_215716753.jpg (2 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140719_215716753.jpg
2 MB, 2432x4320
Don't be a "Stoner" and waste piles of cash on an underpowered, sensitive, plastic overpriced piece of shit...get a WASR-10, half the price twice the power..."but, but the ammo is so heavy"
>>
>>30257740
>hold the hammer

Or just, you know, put the upper on

Dumb ass nigger faggot
>>
File: 20160612_232524_Richtone(HDR).jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160612_232524_Richtone(HDR).jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>30257763
Alright will definitely look into the polishing method and both the ssa and ssa-e.
I honestly don't want to spend to much time working on something small like that I simply have to many non /k/ related projects going in but if it's as suplex as everything else I might go for it.

>>30257792
Alright understood my other ar is a older hbar sportster colt which I was told had large pins so just figured they would use the same but good to know.
I think it says S 3 if that's what you're looking for. From what I understand the expanse models have different hammers.
Might try the semichrome method even though it sounds tedious as hell.
>>
>>30257867

Unnecessary wear on the upper and charging handle. It's much faster, as well as easier; to remove the lower and do this separately.
>>
File: P_20150811_094546.jpg (366 KB, 1639x922) Image search: [Google]
P_20150811_094546.jpg
366 KB, 1639x922
You could wait to see if geiselle is going to run any blem sale this year. It was during summer last year IIRC.

I had my computer on 24/7 with a webpage monitor and had a loud ass alarm set to notify me when shit came back in stock.
>>
File: 20151217_142724.jpg (641 KB, 1161x2064) Image search: [Google]
20151217_142724.jpg
641 KB, 1161x2064
>>
>>30257792
why would people who own geissele triggers not know how to shoot?
>>
>>30257964
He's a stupid poorfag nigger with sour grapes syndrome and a loud mouth.
>>
>>30257953
On their direct website?
Do you remember what prices they were running on the ssa triggers?
>>
>>30257994
yes directly from them

Everything basically 50% off with freeshipping, so SSA would be 110.

I went to check my order at it was placed 8/6/15, so the sale started mid july I think.
>>
>>30258021
I think the only blem my triggers had were the fact that the hammers were purple
>>
>>30258021
Alright awesome thanks for the heads up. If polishing ends up being a waist of time I'll grab one of those if they show up again.
>>
>>30257450
everytime there is a thread asking about cheap quality triggers i post this, and nobody else ever mentions them.

i bought a 4.5lb hipertouch edt and it is the nicest trigger i've ever shot with. what's the deal? do they have a bad reputation on /k/ or something?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.