[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this is what WWI look like. btw was there a sight like t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 13
So this is what WWI look like.

btw was there a sight like this in WWI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkRcvtGE90Q
>>
Slow your rate of shill threads please.
>>
>>30252505
Sorry, I didn't know there is the other thread up.

sage.
>>
>>30252493
technically that'd be plausible, as it's just two lenses you look through. Also first holo-sights were invented in early 1900s, just not used before late WW2.
>>
>>30252493
Holographic anti aircraft sites were used on machine guns extensively during the First World War. I'm not sure about light automatic rifles though.
>>
BF 1 will include experimental weapons and tech invented during the first world war tome period. Experimental tech in nothing new to the battlefield series. Take the xm8, RFB and the Airburst featured in bad company 2 and battlefield 4 for example
>>
>>30252493
Not for the Lewis, no.
>>
>>30252493
Looks like shit.

Not surprised though.
>>
>>30252493
I have to admit, the air battles looks pretty cool, but the speed of the tanks are too fast. A walking soldier can outrun a Renault or that other tanks
>>
File: thehorror.gif (2 MB, 477x360) Image search: [Google]
thehorror.gif
2 MB, 477x360
>>30252493
>looks exactly like battlefront
>>
File: WeWuzAustrailian.png (896 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
WeWuzAustrailian.png
896 KB, 1152x648
At least the British are properly portrayed for once
>>
>>30253489
Kings African Rifles m8
Kenyans. Unlikely they were in France, but hey.
>>
>>30253059
>>30252950
>Holographic
nah bro
>>
>>30252493
>French nowhere to be seen
>Holographics on Lewis guns
>Running while one-handing a Lewis gun and firing from the shoulder.

Looks like SHIT.
>>
>>30252493
>running gunning with mgs
>>
>>30252493
Ians says yes, in an experimental capacity, but on that gun.

Ian looks forward to the game. I wonder why people who likely don't own gus are mad about the guns when Ian is a-okay with them (becuase he knows it's a fucking game)
>>
>>30255964
>but not on that gun
>>
>>30255444
>>French nowhere to be seen
The French running away isn't historically accurate?
>>
>>30255393
Got any source other than "nah"?
>>
>>30255985

Not in world war 1 you cunt basket. They honorably held the line and the average French soldier endured more than any other fighter, except maybe the Russian Soldiers.

And they didn't mutiny and become communist before the end.
>>
>>30256207
You need to google a hologram and find out what it is.
>>
>>30256308
well...i would say a german soldier would've at least endured as much as a french soldier.
>>
File: 1452558722084.png (350 KB, 750x736) Image search: [Google]
1452558722084.png
350 KB, 750x736
>>30253489

>MFW filename
>MFW his facial expression

somebody super impose it with koolaide chicken etc.
>>
Lewie lewie.
>>
File: Storm Trooper Lewis Gun.jpg (62 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Storm Trooper Lewis Gun.jpg
62 KB, 800x800
>>30252493

Star Wars had more accurate depictions of WWI weapons then this shit.
>>
>>30257747
Uhm not really though
>>
>>30252493
Does previous battlefield games have female announcer?
Kind of feel more natrual with the BF 3&4 male announcer's voice.
>inb4 homosexual spotted
>>
>>30257789
It sounds too robotic and, I dunno, 'distanced' to me. I would much prefer an angry officer barking orders at me.
>>
>>30257789
They're usually portrayed as rando soldiers just yelling or radioing stuff at you. Something they should have just done for BF1 as well, since having a disembodied lady wispier stuff to you is weird as fuck.

2surreal4me
>>
>>30257815
Yeah, BF is about to chaotic warfare arcade. So a male announcer is better suited for getting the immersion players want.
That lady make it sounds like hitman games where it's all about surgical precision and elegance.
>>
This game looks nice
More about the gun and run sides of things and less about reality
If anyone wants a more realistic ww1 game just play verdun
>>
>>30252493
You mean Battlefield: Affirmative Action: The Game That Pushes Agenda 1?
>>
>>30258064
Sort of agree, but at least I had hope that infantry combat wouldn't be so machine gun based.
>>
>>30259145
I have a feeling the hardcore mode in this game might just force bolt action

Or just find a group or server that will run it like that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCBJY_sg2yM
>>
>>30252950
>>30253059
holography wasn't invented until the late 1940's, so what you're saying is a complete load of shit
>>
>Everyone still just running around randomly as usual
>Not a single trench
What le fug
>>
>>30252493
Got damn, kid. Grow up.
>>
>>30259258
If you watch the stream, you'd see a control point that is in the trenches.

Although I'm sure you'll still complain when you don't see trenches in the African desert or the Italian alps.
>>
>>30259284
Why would I want to be in the African desert or Italian alps
>>
>>30259187
>hardcore mode in this game might just force bolt action
Maybe.

Honor rules servers are dead end, outside of events and clans.

I hope they just allow more ruleset customization for private servers, because i doubt they will allow modding.

If I were them, I would go for system when everyone stars as grunt with bolt-action and as game progresses and players gain more points they can specialize to become machinegunners, shocktroopers, medic and etc.

But that would probably be to much for "average gamer".
>>
>>30259299
>If I were them, I would go for system when everyone stars as grunt with bolt-action and as game progresses and players gain more points they can specialize to become machinegunners, shocktroopers, medic and etc.
I'd rather the game have limited classes per team rather than lock everything behind xp walls.

instead of first come first serve make it so that it's a lottery system or something if it's a high demand class. Although I don't think people would like that, and the experience would probably shitty like how random vehicles and heros in battlefront is.
>>
The tank is as agile as a dune buggy.
>>
>>30256308
Baguette detected
>>
>>30259322
I'm meant that entire specialization progress would happen over one battle.

Lottery could work, but if you could put priorities on classes you wanted to play. Then if you played one class for a bit it gives you less "tickets" in next lottery. Even if lottery would be fair people would still nag (can't really blame them).

Or alternativlely roles are limited per squads and number of squads is based on amount of players, to "encurage more teamplay".
>>
>>30256308
>average French soldier endured more than any other fighter
come on dude, Frenchies did good job in Great War, but is none reason to exaggerate it
>>
so is it even possible to replicate the trench warfare no mans land style in videogames? i saw battlefield 1 gameplay and there werent many trenches available and everybody just cqc'd in the village
>>
>>30259528
verdun is fairly close
>>
>>30252493
>shitty unrealistic weapon upgrades

Called it.
Shit arcade game tier like the garbage cock of doody has been vomiting up.
>>
File: Sandtrooper-TCG.jpg (74 KB, 860x645) Image search: [Google]
Sandtrooper-TCG.jpg
74 KB, 860x645
>>30252493
>>30253452

Seriously, pop the drum mag off and we Star Wars now.

Add that plus the lulzy tanks that move at 50 mph and yeah, pretty much.
>>
>nothing but shit talking the game
how badly is it gonna flop
>>
>>30259664
sad thing is that it will probably gonna be success
>>
>>30252660
that is what the catalog is for
>>
>>30259222
What about the Snyder shotgun combat sight?

Not saying you're incorrect, just could of sworn that's one example of red-dot or holographic pre-40 but I could be entirely mistaken, been awhile since I looked this era up equipment/accessory wise.
>>
>>30256308
>didn't mutiny
Come on man. Really. Google it up
>>
>>30255964
Ian is happy because BF1 means more views / viewers. It doesn't matter how shit the game's realism is.

C&Rsenal has decided not to push any more videos on the game because it is so far into fantasy it is pointless.

Personally, I knew this would happen but was still hoping that somehow it would break the shitty mold.

Made up sights on shit

Everyone has an autoloader

Hurr durr all bolt actions are sniper rifles

Look at how not-racist WWI was

While we are at it, let's completely ignore the army with the most continental black soldiers
>>
I was wondering how they were going to do the trenches/no-man's-land, etc. I guess it figures that they wouldn't.
>>
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK this game. Back to verdun and m&b blood and iron mod
>>
>>30260568
>While we are at it, let's completely ignore the army with the most continental black soldiers
Who? The French? But they didn't take part in the war, they just lent their terrain to the Americans so they could train against Nazis for WW2.
>>
>>30259604
All the times you get sniped running across no man's land become worth it when you finally make it to the enemy trench and hit someone in the face with a shovel.
>>
>>30259528
Yes. Make proper fortifications. Most important: make game asymmetrical, defenders team is 3 time less in numbers than attacker. Time limited round. Add AI controlled minions who push objectives like in MOBAs. Add shrapnel artillery barrages favoring defenders. Then you get whole feel "humans waves rush over no mans land and die in droves slaughtered by defenders MGs and shrapnel barrages".
>>
>>30260568
>Look at how not-racist WWI was

Actually, colonial troops were treated far better in WW1 than in WW2. They were seen as fully capable soldiers (for the most part) that were not cannon fodder. They were well equiped and cared for.
>>
Why are people acting like the French aren't in the game? Where's the source? Or is it just /k/ bitching for the sake of bitching?
>>
>2016
>Playing videos games
>>
You people do realise that this is just one map right? There's probably different maps where the French are fighting the Germans or maybe there's going to be a trench warfare map....it's not just that one map
>>
>>30261293
>or maybe there's going to be a trench warfare map
aka "there is some trenches on map but there is literally no reason to sit there and everyone run and gun around fields like on every other map"
>>
>>30259288
>Slovene* Alps
Fixed that for you
>>
File: 2013-05-10_00007.jpg (534 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2013-05-10_00007.jpg
534 KB, 1920x1080
>>30261293
This is the same board mewling over inaccuracies in a Battlefield game, what the fuck do you think? /k/ is fucking retarded.
>>
>>30261321
have you played maps like metro in bf3? The first set of mcoms pretty much plays like trench warfare. In bf4, the same map and mcom set, but gameplay flow plays differently due to how some weapons work and added mobility with jetskis that by passes the old "trenches" wuickly.

if they design the maps right, people will play the game a certain way.
>>
File: holdon.png (529 KB, 658x960) Image search: [Google]
holdon.png
529 KB, 658x960
>>30261382
>playing videogames, especially bf franchise
>care about realism
>>
>>30256308
Dude, Francois, you could at least rotate your guys. The germans where just sitting there the entire time.
>>
>>30252493

It's just me or the soldiers in this game are running too fast to be true ?
>>
>>30257470
nah, Germans got comfy trenches wheras French command wouldn't allow the front line to dig in properly until the dastardly boche was expelled from french soil
>>
>>30259274
>calling other people "kid"
>telling other people to "grow up"
>in korean dog-eating image board

kys
>>
>>30252493

So its essentially the 1918 mod fer bf 1942 only you have to pay for it and you dont have a health bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u4fHReweX8
>>
>>30255964
>Ian told me to jump off a cliff so I did
>Ian Ian Ian

Fuck off
>>
File: 1446328015507.png (387 KB, 598x369) Image search: [Google]
1446328015507.png
387 KB, 598x369
>>30259651
>>30253452
>People were expecting it to be different than battlefront
>>
File: WhyIsHeSoPerfect.jpg (435 KB, 1785x1320) Image search: [Google]
WhyIsHeSoPerfect.jpg
435 KB, 1785x1320
>>30263404
>tfw Ian will never use you as a self heating fleshlight
>>
>>30252493

>needs more glare
>>
File: crpnfc.jpg (268 KB, 1959x460) Image search: [Google]
crpnfc.jpg
268 KB, 1959x460
>so many prototype guns to fill up the semi-auto category.

This is basically forgotten weapons: the game.
>>
>>30252493
It looks more like a magnifying or plain glass with red reticle markings for a front sight and a regular aperture for the rear. Technically possible, but literally what is this shit doing in WW1?
>>
>>30259528

I think Verdun does trench warfare pretty good.

The side effect of course is that it's not real fun crawling around in the ground shooting at pixels that may or may not be peoples' heads when you're crossing no man's land.

Once you actually get in the trenches it's pretty intense.
>>
>>30252493
Looks fun desu

But the problem with Battlefield games lately is that the games in an effort to be more realistic, often feel clunky and they arent very visually exciting. If youre going for realism, you might as well be playing a military sim. Giant matches should be more fun.

I wish they would make a colorful, more arcadey military game that still had good sound design and physics and stuff. Like that Battlefield 1942 xbox live game that came out a while ago
>>
>>30265959

I think there is room to adapt WWI to more exciting game play. It would take some careful planning, light experimentation, etc...

EA has those resources. But instead they were like "let's reskin BF4." Because that's what this is.

The problem is when they claim historical accuracy while cherry picking prototype guns from just after the war and slapping a bunch of wacky sights on everything.

You can see them going "OK, but how is our super modern customization going to work in WWI? Better just make shit up."
>>
>>30261417
>Bf
>Less realistic than some other things

Still a game, don't take it too hard
>>
All hatred aside you know this game is gonna be dope as fuck
>>
>>30252493
Why is he not black?

I learned in history class that 100% of all time he front line troops from US and British were black, whites cowered in the back while the brave Africans fought for gay/trans rights by defeating the evil nazis.
>>
>>30254987
No those are the Australian characters in the game
>>
>>30259299
Or do what they've been doing and having to spend time in a certain class to unlock stuff that are in those classes?
>>
>>30267018
>3 months after release
>mg's everywhere
>new player joins
>grind to end all grinds as he spends 6x as long fighting against better equipment

personally I think the MG should be limited to 1 a squad that gets passed around when the gunner dies.
>>
File: 1465832232253.png (1 MB, 1547x535) Image search: [Google]
1465832232253.png
1 MB, 1547x535
>You're not "gangbangers" and "Dope men", you're Schutzen and Stoßtrupp
>>
>>30254987
KAR used Fezzes and Pillbox hats until WWII.

Slouch hat at the time was exclusively used in the field by ANZAC forces.
>>
File: 1465570451314.jpg (11 KB, 250x221) Image search: [Google]
1465570451314.jpg
11 KB, 250x221
>>30261499
We didn't have guys left to rotate.
>>
>>30263378
if only
>>
>>30253489
aussie here, thats a south african. the slouch is pinned to the right and the hat isn't really shaped properly.
still stupid as fuck though
>>
>>30270871
KAR didn't adopt the slouch until after the war, during the Great War they used Fezzes (ceremonial, and very rarely field) and Pillbox hats (somewhat similar to the hat Jackie Kennedy wore).

Only enlisted persons using the Slouch at the time in the field was ANZAC units, and even then not all of them.
The only other alternative is cavalry officers in the US army, but he is definitely not an officer.

The slouch is much more set today, but back in the day regulations on its wear were very loose outside of drill, but even then it was only NSW and VIC soldiers who wore their turn on the right hand side - all other states wore their turn on their left hand side.

The lack of the pugarre might be attributed to an anachronistic mistake by the developers, as for a short period after 1929 the pugarre was removed from the uniform.
>>
Pretty much all the sights on all weapons are incorectly portrayed.
As we expected, it's people running around with LMG and SMG everywhere.
There is a dude on a fucking zeppelin, and another one throwing grenades at a plane.
And all soldiers from all sides are black.

Even without taking all of this into account, the game looks like crap. I mean, the graphics are shit, clearly outdated, I know graphics aren't everything but still, this is supposed to be a AAA game. The gameplay looks like shit as well. Really an incredibly boring looking game, as expected once again.
As I've said before, I'm not even going to bother trying it, and that gameplay vid only reinforces this.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.