[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pocket Carry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: pocket carry choices.png (554 KB, 850x1100) Image search: [Google]
pocket carry choices.png
554 KB, 850x1100
Help me pick a pocket pistol /k/
I've been heavily leaning towards a sig 238/938, but I have heard that some have had some problems. I love the way they look, SA with a safety doesn't bother me, and they're the right size. I've fired my dads ruger lcp and fucking hated it. My hands are way to big for it and the trigger guard smashes into my finger when it fires, so that's pretty much out. A glock 42 might not be a bad choice, but I'm impartial to glocks.
All suggestions are welcome
>>
>>30248030
I have a 238 and really enjoy it. Very comfortable to hold and to fire. My pinkey finger gets half purchase onto the grip, so I'm not sure how accurate that picture of yours is. I guess your mileage may vary.

The gun is very small too. It fits comfortably in my pocket in its DeSantis super fly.

I did have an issue with my 238, however. The spring for the slide catch was not strong enough, so the catch would just barely get pushed up on an empty magazine. If I took the magazine out, it would relieve pressure on the spring, and the catch would just pop out and the slide would close. I sent it back to sig and they had it back to me in less than 5 days with the problem fixed.
>>
>>30248089
That's good to hear. WHen I held it at the store it felt perfect with the extended grip.
Is there an appreciable difference between the 938 and the 238 besides caliber?
>>
LCP custom

It's the most popular pocket gun right now I think.

You get excellent ruger customer service and lots of aftermarket

Only $230

Remember, you aren't supposed to have fun shooting a pocket pistol. The trigger isn't supposed to be Gucci quality.

These things are nothing more than glorified belly guns, which isn't a bad thing
>>
I carry a Glock 43. Can hit with it, trust it to work, and is comfy in light summer clothes.
>>
>>30248143
The trigger guard is what bothers me, can't really change that
>>30248148
Was considering that
>>
>>30248165
Have you tried the houge grips on it?
>>
>>30248109
Personally, I did not like how the 938 felt when firing, what with 9mm in such a small package. The real issue, however, was the stock grip checkering on the back of the grip is very aggressive. After just 50 rounds it had rubbed my hand red. Not comfortable at all, really. If you could replace that checkered pattern with the up and down stripes on the 238 it would be much more comfortable. Regardless, I suggest you rent both the 938 and 238 (which is what I did before buying) to get a feel for them and see for yourself which you prefer.

As an additional point, the 938 is a 0.4 inches longer than the 238, so if you are looking for a small pocket pistol, you do lose a bit in that aspect. The grip is still the same length, however.

Despite which one you would get, you would want to replace the trigger with an aluminum one, because the stock trigger is some polymer thing that feels cheap, which is funny because the rest of the gun is so well made.
>>
>>30248176
No
>>30248178
Good info, ill definitely be renting a bunch before I buy
>>
File: GP100 and LCP.jpg (360 KB, 1226x787) Image search: [Google]
GP100 and LCP.jpg
360 KB, 1226x787
>>30248143
>LCP custom

This x10

The LCP has one of the best track records as far as reliability goes for tiny backup guns.
The trigger is heavy, that's not news, but it's very shootable, and surprisingly easy to place shots on target with the sights. I'm a huge fan. I carry mine in my pocket when at the office. Zero printing. Zero issues.
>>
Have 238, ammo more expensive than 9mm, mags harder to come by, gritty trigger pull. Other than that, super easy to conceal nice sights reasonably easy to handle despite small size.
>>
>>30248217
>>30248143
>>LCP custom
What does the custom have over the regular version?
>>
>>30248280

>Sights.
>Anodized trigger shoe (improves overall feel)
>Newer production LCP's (with dash in the s/n) have improved triggers in general
>Stainless guide-rod
>Blued finish

The trigger is sort of gaudy, but it works great. The LCP custom is worth the spare cash for the sights alone. You can find them for under $250, which is an amazing deal on a trustworthy firearm. Now I have zero excuse not to carry at the office.
>>
>>30248316
I have an LCP, no dash in the S/N. Not sure if it's big enough difference/improvement to justify selling mine to pick up an LCP custom?

I really do like the LCP. Probably my favorite carry gun.
>>
>>30248030
My girlfriend has the kimber micro in stainless. Pretty sweet little gun imo. Haven't had a issue with it after 500 rounds of pmc and I think it was 20 rounds of Hornady Jhpthrough it. Real light, extremely con eagle,and it was 475 brand new from my lgs. Bit undersized for my man hands but that's why I g19.
>>
>>30248280
a less safe trigger and sights that will catch in your pocket holster.

but morons will shill it over the normal LCP anyway.

you would never shoot any of these guns more than 10 yards, 15 yards at the fucking maximum. you don't even need sights. you would never want a light trigger in a pocket carry, or any CCW.
>>
Any other opinions on the sigs? Glocks too
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.