[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AR15s getting banned. Police just called it an assault rifle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 10
File: 1459717034984.jpg (16 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
1459717034984.jpg
16 KB, 600x549
AR15s getting banned.

Police just called it an assault rifle
>>
oh no
>>
oh noes im guinna pee my shoes guyz what do im gunna buy 16 ar15 lowers right this instant guyz what about ammo guyz whats good omg im so unprepared guyz
>>
>>30247236
Well, 50 guys just got whacked in Orlando by one, according to the media.
>>
>>30248491
so what
>>
>>30248491

>someone never lived through the 80s

See back in the day, there was this hot new thing called 'Cocaine' and it was all the rage with the shitskins down in florida (except back then we called them "Cubans"). They would get all yak'd up and shoot each other for sport, sometimes even 10-15 at a time. But back then, we just made TV shows about them to help John Q Public understand there's really not much anyone can do about crazy/dumb people acting insane. Though, if you made it entertaining, maybe JUST MAYBE, people would understand that it's not the gun's fault, but rather the lunatic holding it and their crazy beliefs, be them coke-fueled or their head towel simply just cut off circulation to their brain.
>>
File: absolutely.jpg (322 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
absolutely.jpg
322 KB, 531x471
>>30247236
Just found out about this about an hour ago.

Oh god, this all just feels so fucking GOOD.

Hot damn. Just, wow.
>>
File: tumblr_meqyoahSpI1r219jqo3_500.gif (982 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_meqyoahSpI1r219jqo3_500.gif
982 KB, 500x213
>>30248491

Could have been done with any semi or automatic rifle, really. Hell, they're lucky it wasn't a suicide vest.

That sounded cold. Don't get me wrong, I feel awful for those poor folk, but it's not the gun, it's the person behind it.
>>
>>30248963
Because they'd be just as dead if he had a flintlock or a super soaker right?
>>
>>30247236
>one of the most common rifles in the country, easily made from a small piece of aluminum
>getting banned
Go ahead and try, shillery. Worst case scenario, she catches a bullet from a patriotic american.
>>
>>30248983
Pipe bombs are completely unregulatable. Haji successfully uses explosives when guns aren't available.
>>
>>30247236
fuck i'm in the market for an AR, now the prices may go up
>>
>>30248995
I am now tempted to vote Hillary just so this will happen.
>>
>>30248983
>Flintlock
Yes people would have died, just not as many
>Super soaker
Isn't a weapon, so why would he use it?
Hell he could have used a fucking rock to smash their heads in, the gun is just a tool, the person or body is the weapon
>>
>something getting banned

doesn't sound free to me.
>>
>>30249139
If he had a flintlock it'd be a single homicide, not a mass shooting. Tragic still, yes, but at the end of the day you can never really stop one person from killing one other person.

Stopping one person from killing 20 other people though, that we could do a lot to make harder.
>>
>>30249202
>If he had a flintlock it'd be a single homicide, not a mass shooting.
Well the day you convince congress to start reissuing muskets and flintlock weapons to the US military once again, maybe I'll entertain the legal premise of your idea.

Until then, go fuck yourself because the 2A necessitates parity between citizenry and the government.

>inb4nukes
>>
>>30248995
>Worst case scenario
What, is it opposite day?
>>
>>30249219
>Parity with US government

Which is why you can have a select fire m4 right? :^)

Yeah no. You haven't had "parity" with the government for years. What you're clinging to is the right to have guns that make your dick feel big at the range.
>>
>>30249244
Assault Rifles aren't illegal to own, you know that right?

Given, they're out of 99% of the populations financial means, but they're still legal.

Also, we outnumber the government by orders of magnitude so we've been well above parity for years.

Just because they control the ICBMs and drones doesn't mean they can use them against the populace or enforce no assembly laws with them.
>>
>>30249202
I don't care.

I know it sounds cold, but I value my rights more than lives. Including my own.
>>
the information for how to build assault rifles is widely available. banning things like this will only unarm law-abiding, tax paying citizens. what a stupid idea to ban a gun. anyone with a basic knowledge of power tools could reverse engineer an AR or AK without any problems, and you can't ban that. get fucked.
>>
>>30249273
Old, shitty machineguns that there are fewer of every day and that couldn't possibly play a significant role in a rebellion.

>But we outnumber them

Then why do you need assault weapons?
>>
>>30249344
Go fucking hang yourself. We don't need to justify owning a damn thing for one. And outnumbering them is one thing, having the same weapon is another. Select fire is irrelevant and not needed. When the revolution comes people like you will be publicly executed.
>>
>>30249344
Because it's my guaranteed right as an American citizen.

Lucky I already have an AR15 to fire as often as I like.
>>
>>30249317
>the information for how to build assault rifles is widely available

Which is why we see these mass shootings all the time in countries with stricter gun control.

>Muh Paris!

No-one's saying they'll be impossible, but they probably won't be a weekly occurrence if it takes a fucking underground machine shop to build one.
>>
>>30249378
So you are just going to ignore Paris? Of course it fucking happened in a place where those types of weapons are 100% banned. And it would still happen here because of how many people own guns. Tell me faggot, what is your proposal for reducing "gun violence"?
>>
>>30249378
>Mass shootings represent even more than 1% of overall shootings in America

If you are going to argue gun control, you should even bring up mass shootings, mong
>>
>>30248491
That was like every other weekend down there in the 80's.
>>
>>30249378
You can build an AR or AK in couple of hours in your garage by buying totally legal parts from the internet and a couple of power tools and a vice from a fucking home depot.
>>
>nearly 30 posts
>nobody mentions this was an Isis attack
>nobody realizes that this only strengthens Donald "The Wall" Trump and weakens "Crooked" Hillary Clinton
>>
Commander in chimp says no more guns

It's ogre boys

GG constitution no re
>>
>>30249202
>We can stop mass slaughter.
NO YOU CANT!!!! If you somehow succeed in removing these rifles from society, (pro tip, you can't) crazies will just start using bombs again.
>>
>>30249344
Yeah no guerilla force with such outdated shitty weaponry can stand a chance against a cutting edge first world nation am i right oh wait Vietnam Iraq WW2 Philippines Cambodian War Yugoslavia Bangladesh oops maybe a few tens of millions of people with shitty weapons can actually hold a fight against a fucking nation
>>
>>30249344
Go back to Britain.
>>
>>30249244
No. We are working to get parity with government back, you mong.
>>
>>30249454
Why is no one else bringing up that Haji appears to have had an explosive device on him?
>>
>>30249498

Because it didn't go off?
>>
>>30249405
To start:
>Federal permits to acquire
>Specialty permits for semi-auto center fires
>10 round magazine limit for semi-auto rifles
>FFL required for all purchases and transfers
>Mandatory safety tests
>Hands-on demonstration of weapons safety for each gun before FFL hands it over

I know you faggots are going to keep the party going for another few years by trading pre-ban magazines on the black target to mass shooters, but chemo doesn't work on the first treatment either.

And yes, I am going to ignore the one mass shooting out of hundreds of countries that have good gun control in favor of the hundreds of mass shootings in the one country that doesn't.
>>
>>30249202
He doesn't know how obscenely easy it is to get schematics for bombs and how just as easy it is to make one.

To be honest we're lucky he didn't decide to just blow the place up.
>>
>>30249454
People are so quick to forget the okc bomber killed hundreds and sheared a building in half, and he didn't fire a single bullet. And that was with his bomb failing to detonate fully.
>>
>>30249530
Sure doesn't sound like freedom. Let me guess? Ausfalia or Britcuck
>>
>>30249530
You're not an American, regardless of your citizenship.
>>
File: laugh drink.gif (1 MB, 217x217) Image search: [Google]
laugh drink.gif
1 MB, 217x217
>>30249530
What you just described are exactly the rules for acquiring a gun in CA, down to the fucking money. Good thing there's no gun violence there, right?

If you're not a troll, then just fucking stop and do your research before you open your bootlicker mouth.
>>
>>30249524
It's almost as if bombs are not nearly as reliable as guns are for mass slaughter.

The only reason mass shootings are a thing is because attackers know that grabbing an assault weapon is by far the easiest way to rack up a high kill count in America.
>>
>>30249574
Do you know what an assault weapon is? Or are you just throwing scary terms around?
>>
>>30249530
>Specialty permits for semi-auto center fires
Its like you have shares in a company which makes .22 semi autos.

>Federal permits to acquire
Shouldn´t it be up to the state to decide gun laws, not federal government

>10 round magazine for semi auto rifles
>Implying its hard to reload an AR anyway

Cant be arsed to argue the rest, Germany and Ukraine build up is on soon but Im sure other anons can help.
>>
>>30249432
to make it even crazier, you can just walk into any hardware store, buy a couple of pipes and such, and build an extremely concealable 12g shotgun for like $15. banning guns is beyond retarded. you can do this with any center-fire bullet.
>>
File: you.png (765 B, 280x260) Image search: [Google]
you.png
765 B, 280x260
>>30249574
>>
File: 100_1667.jpg (650 KB, 1382x778) Image search: [Google]
100_1667.jpg
650 KB, 1382x778
>>30247236
You do realize stuff doesn't just "happen" in America, right?

If our congressmen fuck us over like that, someone will literally murder them and their entire fucking family.

Or maybe just a recall election, and then change it back. Who can say?
>>
>>30249530
Quisling.
>>
>>30249344
Lol listen to this little fuckboy
>>
>>30249543
He didn't "Not decide" to, he fucked it up. Just like the columbine shooters.

For every one successful boston marathon bomber there's a dozen asshats who just manage to blow their own fingers off of get arrested with their car full of useless shit.

>>30249570
Shooters popped over state lines to get their guns. That's what happens when the rest of the country is determined to be a third world shithole.
>>
>>30249202
>that we could do a lot to make harder.
No, we can't.
You know why? SEMIAUTOMATIC HANDGUNS.
Which under Heller v DC, CANNOT BE BANNED AT ALL.
And the previous highest kill count was caused by a Korean with 2 handguns. Well, now it's caused by a New York-born Afghan that worked 9 years with a federal security company.
>>
>>30249629
>Shooters popped over state lines to get their guns
Those other states also happen to have a much lower crime rate than California.
>>
>>30249602
You can make a shitty, single shot 12 gauge shotgun. Clearly a weapon any mass shooter would envy when they can just pop by a gun store and get a semi-auto rifle with a 100 round magazine instead.

>>30249611
>Max Brooks
How about you go bump that suicide statistic up just a bit more.
>>
>>30249629
Then what's stopping dedicated criminals and shooters from hopping over to Mexico to take advantage of their black market? Or better yet, what's to stop America from forming its own black market of firearms with the god knows how many millions of them in circulation already?

The huge fallacy in your hypothetical gun control, and any one in particular applying to the US, is that the US is too goddamn big and too diverse with too many guns already in the country for such radical laws to take into effect. And when you try to solve this problem by taking away the guns of once-legal owners, then congrats! You now become a tyranny. Ethical grounds aside, even if you were to propose taking these guns away, the cost of trying to unarm all of the gun owners of the US would send the US flying into debt and create the perfect recipe for a civil war to break out.
>>
>>30249645
It's almost as if places with lower population densities have lower crime rates?

And this isn't about crime rate in general. This is about one very specific, preventable crime that we're not doing anything to stop.
>>
>>30249689
>That we're not doing anything to stop
How about assault weapons ban of 94, GCA of 1968, NFA act of 1934, etc etc

We've been taking a lot of goddamn precautions to stop them.
>>
>>30249689
>lower population densities have lower crime rates?
You don't know how crime rates work, do you?
>>
>>30249662
any mass shooter can just do >>30249432
>>
>>30249684
>Well there's just to many for us to solve the problem. Better ignore it!

What a line to fall back to.
>>
>>30249689
They are adjusted per 100k people moron, nice try shill.

>This is about one very specific, preventable crime that we're not doing anything to stop.

>Implying rapes, robberies, assaults cannot be stopped with armed citizens.

So we can either legislate to make laws which have no effect on stopping mass shootings and only hurt law abiding citizens who want guns for self defense, hunting or recreational activities OR we can deregulate firearms which means they are more widely available to members of the public, which gives them a better chance of protecting their families, property and themselves.
>>
>>30249689
>And this isn't about crime rate in general.
At least you're honest. But requiring stringent licensing and capacity restrictions puts the law at odds with the very purpose of having the 2nd amendment in the first place. It's a non starter.
>>
>>30249723
I'm not saying that any attempt at lowering gun violence is futile.

I'm saying your method and every method similar to it is not only futile, but lazy, hypothetical, and inaccurate.

Alright, hot shot. What's your line to fall back onto?
>>
>>30249662
Max Brooks? What the fuck are you talking about? Quisling means traitor where I come from, named after the man who sold out Norway to the Nazis

I'm saying anon is treasonous
>>
File: Wrath Map.jpg (72 KB, 630x484) Image search: [Google]
Wrath Map.jpg
72 KB, 630x484
>>30249704
Do you?

Protip, Bloods and Crips don't feud over potato fields.
>>
Stop freaking the fuck out. Spread the gospel of the gun and snatch every motherfucker birthday that wants to make you a slave
>>
>>30249702
Not compared to the civilized world you're not. And look, they're not having this problem!
>>
>>30249764
Crime rates are adjusted per 100,000 thousand people. So the density doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>30249780
See:
>>30249684
>The huge fallacy in your hypothetical gun control, and any one in particular applying to the US, is that the US is too goddamn big and too diverse with too many guns already in the country for such radical laws to take into effect.
>>
>>30249780
So you are a filthy foreigner trying to impose his values on another culture, that's remarkably imperialistic of you, tell me, are you British or Spanish?
>>
File: homicides by country.png (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
homicides by country.png
30 KB, 500x500
>>30249780
>>30249802
It's easy for comparatively small countries like those in Europe (France, UK, Sweden, Germany) to have strict gun laws with not a lot already circulating. It's another to try to enforce these same laws on an entirely different country deeply rooted in gun culture.

Additionally, these other countries aren't having this problem because they're not nearly as diverse racially and religiously as the US.
>>
>>30249783
How's this hard to understand? Even adjusted per capita, crime rates are higher where there's a higher population density.

>>30249754
What would you consider a non-futile method?

Tell me it's not "give every teacher a gun" or some shit.
>>
>>30249826
Now you just sound fucking dumb. No, that's not how it works. My property crime rate in my town of 10k is higher than Compton, CA. Statistics wouldn't mean shit if they didn't account for that.
>>
>>30249802
>>30249820

No-one is expecting gun crime to just disappear with new regulation. No-one sensible, at any rate, but how can doing nothing possibly be more effective than doing something? If we start now, then in 30 years maybe the country won't be up to its tits.
>>
>>30249856
We can do something, we can start by banning Muslims.
>>
>>30249837
>Now you just sound fucking dumb.
Hes a poor shill/troll or a retarded European.

Us euros arent all shite though, mate.
>>
>>30249866
>implying criminal muslims would care about the law.
>>
>>30249808
I'm pretty sure I've seen the same person post on /news/ and /pol/. He then pats himself on the back for winning when people start ignoring him.
>>
>>30249837
Look at the top ten cities in America by violent crime rate.

Not a lot of small, farming communities there are there?
>>
>>30249885
Yeah, because the minorities tend to stay in bigger cities.
>>
>>30249856
>doing something, anything, even the wrong thing, is always better than doing nothing
has yet to be demonstrated, and you'll have a very difficult time proving that one
>>
>>30248954
You got something against drug fags you fucking shit head
>>
>>30249826
A non futile method would be one that attacks the problem at the very root.

Much better overall medical and health care. Specifically mental health care.

I went through some of the government-funded health care systems for a small bit. There's such a fight against universal healthcare that it's hard for it to be properly integrated in this country in particular, thanks to fuckers like Trump and local republican congressmen trying to push it away.

We need a huge social reform with the health care system so that we can properly diagnose and take care of almost all of the mentally ill people that slip through our already broken system.

Look up any big mass murderer that didn't do it for a religious reason and you see a common theme: They were at one point institutionalized for mental health reasons, and were let go. Why?

No fucking attention is paid to mental health care in this nation. They just want to load up their patients full of drugs and move on. This is what causes all these mass shootings that are the main reason that people want to take away guns.

The best combination that this country could have with regards to stopping shootings isn't taking away guns. It's better health care.

But the way this country's headed, with presidential nominees conforming to two equally stupid sides that refuse to share a common goal for the sake of pandering to two equally stupid groups of people, that won't happen anytime soon.
>>
>>
>>30249899
I keep seeing that pic, is that actual footage from the night of the shooting?
>>
>that we could do a lot to make harder.
No, we can't.
You know why? SEMIAUTOMATIC HANDGUNS.
SEMIAUTOMATIC HANDGUNS.
SEMIAUTOMATIC HANDGUNS.
Which under Heller v DC, CANNOT BE BANNED AT ALL.
CANNOT BE BANNED AT ALL.
CANNOT BE BANNED AT ALL.
And the previous highest kill count was caused by a Korean with 2 HANDGUNS. Well, now it's caused by a New York-born Afghan that worked 9 years with a federal security company.
>>
>>30249896
You want psychiatrists to be a bureaucratic arm of the federal government? You yourself should be institutionalized. That's a horribly dangerous idea.
>>
>>30249892
What kind of study do you want to show that if you make it harder to get guns, eventually less people will have them, and specifically fewer people who have some reason to be disqualified from having them?
>>
>>30249934
>that worked 9 years with a federal security company.
What?
>>
>>30249937
That's a gross oversimplification of it.
>>
>>30249907
Of course not.
>>
>>30249934
>previous highest kill count was caused by a Korean with 2 HANDGUNS.

And the deadliest terror attack of all time was carried out with a box cutter and some fake explosives.

The AR-15 and semi-automatic rifles are still by far the weapon of choice.
>>
>>30249893
Yup.

I got shit against drug fags.

I got shit against partisan fags.

I got shit against church fags.

I got shit against burger fags.

I got shit against shit-fucking fags too.
>>
File: mg.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
mg.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
>>30249942
>pic related

Anyway, >>30249968
>>
>>30249907
No
>>
>>30249883
He sounds like he's from tumblr.
>>
>>30248983
Pump action shotgun, lever action rifle, it doesn't matter a shitload of people probably would have died either way. This was tragic, but banning guns isn't going to stop people from getting them illegally.
>>
>>30249971
>by far the weapon of choice
That is NOT the issue.
A handgun or two handguns CAN cause massive deaths even if all semiauto rifles are banned. As proven by a Korean with no security background at all. Banning rifles will do nothing as they are functionally the same as handguns in the United States.

The killer at Florida was employed with a large security company, so he would have had minimal background checks even if checks were done for him. He had a security background, but was also allegedly investigated by the FBI TWICE.
>>
>>30250072
>Banning rifles will do nothing as they are functionally the same as handguns in the United States.
Antigunners don't understand this fact enough.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/pol/77002754
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.