[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /k/ keep their cc with one in the chamber? I want to, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: mp9mm.png (339 KB, 672x403) Image search: [Google]
mp9mm.png
339 KB, 672x403
Does /k/ keep their cc with one in the chamber? I want to, but I have no idea if there is any danger other than stupidity/poor TD.
>>
>>30245807
Yes, always.

There is no danger as long as you follow the basic rules of gun safety. A modern firearm will never "just go off."

Get a decent holster that covers the trigger guard, load it up, and rest easy.
>>
File: my setup.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
my setup.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1125
>>30245807
yes. But I didn't at first.

I recommend carrying on an empty chamber (but a fully loaded mag) for your first six months. Carry the gun cocked, and during those six months, see if the gun ever "goes off" (click). It won't.

Doing this builds confidence in yourself and your firearm, which is in short supply when you first start carrying. If you have no problems during those six months, carry loaded. And top off your mag.

Also, protip. Make sure you get a good holster. Your holster is absolutely essential to carrying safely. Don't skimp, buy quality.
>>
File: ws.png (390 KB, 592x420) Image search: [Google]
ws.png
390 KB, 592x420
>>30245807
Yes, 100%.

Three things you need to look out for
>maintaining proper td when drawing and holstering
>looking for any obstructions in the holster when holstering
>having a good quality kydex or injection molded plastic holster that is built to standards

If you don't carry your gun with a round in the chamber, don't carry at all. You lack the confidence to carry. Have confidence in your equipment and most importantly, have confidence in yourself.

Practice. Practice alot.
>>30245910
Looking to getting an Apex kit for my Shield. Did you notice your groups shrinking when you first got yours?
>>
>>30245807
I carry a sig p320c with no safety, one in the chamber. Just get a good holster, and teach anyone you live with the rules of firearms, ie, gun is always loaded even when it's not, never have finger on the trigger, yada yada yada.
>>
>>30245984
yes. It was such a drastic improvement.

I hate the stock shield trigger. The pull is heavy, but I hate the trigger safety on it more. It just feels like shit. The apex has the glock style trigger safety, which I prefer.

Much smaller groups, and my pistol looks damn good too
>>
I didn't with my M&P for the first 3 months or so. Now it always is.
>>
>>30245910
good advice here.
>>
>>30245807
My god man! Yes!! Without a round in the chamber it nothing more than a god damn paperweight.
>>
>>30245807
I do, but mine has a cali safety on it, which I leave on. I just can't get over the feeling, since it's in a soft holster sitting on top of my femoral artery.
>>
>>30245807
Why the fuck would you not?
That's asking for death if you ever have to draw it.

Also like people have said ITT, get a kydex or other hard plastic holster and maintain TD when drawing and holstering.
>>
>>30245807
Yes, always. The point of carrying concealed isn't to make you feel like a man because you have a gun, it's to be ready and able to defend your life or the life of another with lethal force if you are ever required to do so.

You need to be able to present quickly and racking one into the chamber is just going to slow you down. Most people do not react quickly under pressure; do you honesty believe that you're so well trained that you can draw, rack, acquire your target and present your weapon before your assailant is in a position to take it away from you?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.