[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Replacing a slide/barrel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: browning gp2.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
browning gp2.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
I was recently gifted a Browning GP Competition, which from what I've researched is essentially a Browning Hi Power with an extended barrel and muzzle weight.

I'm fairly new to guns and would like to use this for conceal carry, since I've read good things about Hi Powers. Thing is, I'm pretty sure the extended barrel/muzzle weight would get in the way of that. Would I be able to just replace the slide/barrel with that of a regular Hi Power or should I just invest in a smaller gun?
>>
>>30243396
A Hi-Power is a metal full-size pistol. Full-size pistols are difficult for CCW, especially when they are metal which is heavy. This is a competition pistol, which is even bigger and heavier.
>>
>>30243396
Keep as is you idiot
>>
>>30243396
>just invest in a smaller gun
>>
>>30243626
>TFW I can CC my CZ-52 more comfortably and easier than my glock 19 for appendix carry.
>Tfw im so damn skinny I could play a part in a holocaust movie.
>>
>>30243626

So making it smaller wouldn't make a difference due to its weight?
>>
>>30243728
It would still be too large and heavy to effectively CC

You could always OC it for maximum big dick points, but you're better off getting a smaller pistol to CC and keeping that one as it is now, as they don't seem to be sold anymore.
>>
>>30243396
the frame to slide fit will not be as good as the one designed for it.
protip, Hi Powers fit in 1911 holsters. get a vertical shoulder holster made for a 6" longslide 1911 and that's all you'll need.
>>
>>30243728
Smaller Pistols are easier to conceal IWB. The weight of that gun not to mention the length and width make it harder to conceal or conceal comfortably. Your only option would be a shoulder holster and a jacket 24/7, unless your a giant.
>>
>>30243728
depends on you but making it smaller would slightly reduce its weight. it all depends on how you want to carry it, and if you can. Also if you are comfortable with its length and weight. im the guy above you there. I weigh literally 106lbs with a 29 waist at five foot ten. I can carry a 2 pound full metal pistol with a barrel just under 5 inches better than a 4 inch glock 19.
>>
File: predator handshake.jpg (68 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
predator handshake.jpg
68 KB, 500x282
>>30243748
>>30243757
>>30243769
>>30243781

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.