[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone give me the raw deal on these guys? Why do some people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: images-3.jpg (7 KB, 212x119) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
7 KB, 212x119
Can someone give me the raw deal on these guys? Why do some people hate them?
>>
>>30241885

i hate u for thumbails desu
>>
>>30241885
same reason /k/ hates everything. because some people like it
>>
>>30241885
>their scope mounts chew up rails
>the owner is a giant faggot who threatens anyone who points this out
>>
>>30241968
This and they charge asinine prices for things that could be built for a quarter the price

Buy a Krieger barrel and good trigger and budget tier rest of the gun and you have a Larue equivalent
>>
>>30242059
Whoops
Didn't meet to namefag
>>
>>30241907
Also because they can't afford it.
>>
try to shit on these guys on arfcom and youll see
>>
>>30241968
Can you give an example?
>>
>>30242059
This desu.
Or Fulton armory.
>>
>>30241885
One year wait time to get a rifle I can build in a month.
Cool quick detach rail system, pretty useless though.
>>
>>30243649

google those terms on arfcom, you'll get several hundred hits
>>
>>30243649
the most recent one for me was a thread on larue's bolt action rifle. people were asking for spec and expected accuracy and larue kept replying with emojis and patronizing quips- along the lines of "you probably cant afford it anyway" and "you dont have to concern yourself with this".
people kept calling him out for making various claims but with nothing to back them up. a mod cleaned up a lot of it.
>>
File: mbt.jpg (651 KB, 1632x1200) Image search: [Google]
mbt.jpg
651 KB, 1632x1200
you literally cannot beat the MBT for $125
>>
>>30243773
here's the thread
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_16_3/1759_.html
>>
>>30243776
I didn't know they made triggers so I looked on their site.

THEY PRICE IT BY DELIVERY TIME?

Holy shit this is the biggest artificial scarcity bullshit I have ever seen.

But anyway, how does it compare to say a G2S?
>>
>>30243830
I like that they gave it a Mexican name, since you pretty much are a Mexican and have to speak fluent Mexican if you live in Texas.
>>
The thing about ARs is that they're pretty much all the same. You get to a certain price-point and everything past that is complete and utter masturbation.
>>
>>30243776
Am I the only one that thought it said dildo dust?
>>
>>30243842
they are meticulously built m8 and they make em in batches so there is p much always a wait time. i waited 2.5 months.

honestly it feels better than my SSA-E

>>30243866
thats what my mom thought it said
>>
>>30241885

basically sells very good, but waaay overpriced shit, and if you dare ask him a legitimate question he calls insults you and treats you like a peasant.
>>
>>30243830
after reading that thread, im confident in saying larue is a jackass. his products are ok, but i dont like supporting guys like that
>>
>>30243776
I've been considering picking up one of those for my 9mm SBR build. I want a lightweight trigger, but since this is not a precision rifle I was looking more for a single stage so I can magdump if I want to.

Would you recommend, or is there something else you'd say? Not really looking to go much above $120 for a toy like this
>>
>>30243955
ive never used a single stage so cant comment on that. the reset is very short and im able to mag dump pretty fast with it. my other trigger is a ssa-e which is outta your price range but desu the mbt is better imo.

i would recommend it
>>
>>30243996
My buddy has a geissele 2 stage adjustable, not sure if it's that one, and he has it set really nicely.

Well in that case I might pick it up. I've always wanted to order something from Larue for the swag, and I won't have my stamp for another 4 months so I don't mind waiting. Fuck shooting a gay AR pistol.
>in unrelated news, the LWRC UCIW stock is fucking tiny
>like, imagine an M4 toy scaled for 10 year olds
It's actually great.
>>
>>30244027
my wait was a little over 2 months, had some good swag with it
>>
>>30243776
RRA national match, 100 dollars usually.

They are quite close, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 800x600
>>30243736
Not that fag but I googled this and came up with some real stupid shit. I mean really? Do people who are complaining about this want to keep their guns like a museum piece? Are they autistically removing the mounts every day to check for damage?

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something. I'm in no means shilling for that asshole but it sure makes these people look like cry babies who never shoot their guns.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 1024x493) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 1024x493
>>30244165
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 283x173) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 283x173
>>30244178
>>
>>30244193
i hope that isnt real
>>
>>30244178
To be fair, that is more chewed up than what I usually see mounts do to rifles. That being said, I imagine that makes it rock fucking solid on there.
My worry would be that, if I took it on and off a few times, the amount of wear and rail chewed off would make that mount looser, and then other mounts would also be loose.
>>
To my knowledge, Larue makes really good stuff.

Then again, he's been known to have a short temper. iirc, he discontinued something like seperate bcg's because people were shittalking him or something.

You can literally get banned if you talk shit about his products on arfcom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm5JcAPWT-g
>secretly gets recorded by two faggots
>two faggots call him a douchebag right infront of his face
>gives no shit and tells them what it is
>two faggots then begin to start backpedaling and ass kissing
>>
>>30241885
Three main reasons
1) Mark LaRue is an asshole. He's an asshole in the way that you've got friends who are total assholes, but their still your friends. Other people hate them, but they're cool to you so you hang. You still get that if you weren't already friends you'd probably hate them.

2) Products are expensive. Some of its poorfag bitching. Some of it is they are legitimately over priced.

3) LaRue and his fanboys act like everything he makes is the absolute best when it's not. ARs are good but they aren't as good as other options in the price range. Brobo makes much better mounts.
>>
File: that dust tho.jpg (922 KB, 2600x1795) Image search: [Google]
that dust tho.jpg
922 KB, 2600x1795
>>30244165
You're right in that it's a minor issue. But you have a choice.

Option A costs $200, leaves permanent marks on your rail, is finished like sandpaper so it scratches your scope, and must be adjusted when moved from rail to rail.

Option B costs $200, does not leave marks on your rail, does not have a sandpaper finish which damages scopes and does not need to be adjusted when moved from rail to rail.

Big deal? No. But why would you buy A when B exists?

Here's another one. Option A is owned by a customer-debasing narcissistic cockmonger. Option B is owned by a personable, meek engineer.

Also this >>30244178 is not rail damage, that's the "graphite powder" that Mark Larue claims is what people see when they complain about rail damage. That'll wipe off (revealing the actual rail damage beneath it). This won't wipe off >>30244165 >>30244193

If this was 2006, Larue would still be justified charging what they do for their products. But today in 2016 when we have Bobros and Alamo Four Stars and Kinetic Researches and GG&Gs and even American Defenses, they are right out. Larue should have been made irrelevant like ARMS has been made irrelevant. They even use similar locking systems.

I give credit where credit is due: Mark Larue keeps the hate in balance by giving away his products on a regular basis and by paying AR15 site staff large sums of money in advertising revenue to keep his forum largely free from public grievances. He is an abominable person with a good portion of lackluster products, but he fans the fanboy flames regularly. Right this moment he's giving away a complete PredatOBR rifle package and fifty-six AR barrels.
>>
File: larue.jpg (104 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
larue.jpg
104 KB, 1000x667
>>30244477
Oops, should have posted this instead.
>>
>>30244477
>>30244477
>that collection
>tripdubs
Sweating.

>>30244487
Eh, to be honest, it's just a little scratching. Not as bad damage as I thought it had from those 'graphite' marks.

Your point is good though, if a better alternative exists why go with A?
>>
File: qd mounts.png (52 KB, 437x490) Image search: [Google]
qd mounts.png
52 KB, 437x490
inb4 it doesnt matter
>>
I like my larue mount on my ACOG. If poi shifts it's not noticible from a practical standpoint of shooting fist sized objects like clays and cans out to 250 yards.

If you want uber precision wtf are you doing taking your scope on and off your gun? If you are shooting far enough that a .1 MOA shift will be the difference between a hit and a miss you are taking the shot from too far away.... That's about two inches at two thousand yards.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.