[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been thinking about getting into AR's but have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1728x3072) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1728x3072
I've been thinking about getting into AR's but have pretty limited knowledge on them. Would any of you fine gents be able to steer me in the right direction? Ultimately if I could build something like my pic id be very happy. Oh I'm also Canadian btw so importing shit from the us can be tricky.
>>
>>30240677
>right direction
If you are going AR, get a bump fire stock, They are fun as hell, and legal too.
>>
>>30240677
>Canadian
>Thinking you can get into a stonerific rifle
Pretty sure they're banned anon

Top kek
>>
>>30240677
Isn't that MSD's A1?
>>
>>30240677
you could just buy a complete one if you're such a newfag
>>
>>30240709
There restricted to ranges, not banned.

>>30240715
Is it really that difficult to build them?
>>
>>30240709
>Pretty sure they're banned anon
Pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about.

>>30240677
You need a restricted pal, just get a norinco copy or something if you want something affordable, and dump the rest on ammo.
>>
File: DD1215130032067.jpg (31 KB, 999x749) Image search: [Google]
DD1215130032067.jpg
31 KB, 999x749
>>30240677
https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/ProductDetail/DD1215130032067_Daniel-Defense-M4-Carbine-V11-5-56-Nato-16--LW-Barrel--Black#?sortValue=0
>>
>>30240724
>Is it really that difficult to build them?
no
but if you have to ask then just leave it be
>>
>>30240724
>Restricted
Somehow means not banned

Don't tell me you can get 100round drums for you license to shoot only at a range too
>>
You could build A1
>>
>>30240748
All rifles in Canada are limited to 5 rounds. All of our mags here are modified to only hold 5. If you modify them and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police catch you, you're totally fucked. They'll take all of your guns. There's a few exceptions, I know M1 Garand's can have 8
>>
>>30240767
How many extra hoops do you have to jump through to get a "restricted" gun license, over just a regular firearm license
>>
So it looks like a lot of people are saying just buy a complete rifle. Opinions on this?
https://irunguns.us/product.php?p=colt-m16a1-factory-cut-away-upper-lower
>>
>>30240810
Nice hole in the barrel, heat shield & handguard
>>
>>30240789
Ehh, not much. You can take combined courses, you'll go on a sat to get your PAL done, then go on sun to get your RPAL. You can apply for both at the same time and I think you'll get both at the same time... I'm not totally sure.

Acquiring a restricted license isn't that hard, but there are a lot of retarded hoops to bring restricted firearms to your house. It's not legal to transport restricted guns anywhere unless you have a permit, and that can take weeks to go through, so when you go to a store and buy a handgun, you have to call a division of the RCMP or something to get a temporary ATT (transport license) that allows you to transport it from the store to your house... can take hours. This is all from reading stuff, I've never done it before. Maybe someone else who's done this process can elaborate?

Restricted firearms in Canada are just handguns and AR's from what I've seen.

The way guns were restricted and prohibited is hilarious. The tale goes that a bunch of knuckleheads sat around a table and flipped through firearm catalogs from the States and circled the guns that looked scary and those were the guns prohibited... no that's not a joke.
>>
>>30240845
No permits required for transport. That's all part of the license now.
>>
>>30240881
Really? Is this new? Maybe I've been reading outdated information. Sorry for the wrong info then. I've yet to get my license(s). Waiting for my paycheque to go take the class.
>>
File: 54904578.png (7 KB, 578x65) Image search: [Google]
54904578.png
7 KB, 578x65
>>30240881
You sure?
>>
>>30240892
The past year.
>>30240902
It's part of the conditions attached to the license
>>
>>30240845
Bruh restricted's are pretty simple, the course is a joke and takes less than a day. Handguns/AR's and rifles with barrels under 18 inches are restricted. They need to be locked up at your house and you need an ATT to transport them but that's now attached to your gun licence so its not a huge deal. You can easily buy a handgun and take it home in the same day 'unlike some places in the US'
>>
>>30240824
Wut?
>>
>>30240918
>>30240911

Oh, awesome. Thanks for letting me know.
>>
File: serveimage.png (163 KB, 642x335) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
163 KB, 642x335
>>30240677
>a fucking leaf
Just buy a Diemaco SA20 and revel in the fact that you have access to special snowflake ARs that us Americans can only dream of.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.