[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/. I've never owned a gun but I've always wanted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
Hey /k/. I've never owned a gun but I've always wanted to. Getting serious on purchasing a beginner. Everyone tells me a .22 because the ammunition is cheap and easy for a beginner. Thoughts? Comments? Opinions and criticism welcomed. Thanks. (Pic unrelated)
>>
It's all personal preference. My first gun was a 12g. Just buy what you like and what you fell comfortable with.
>>
>>30238615
Thanks for the input. I'm thinking of getting a pistol. I would think it'd be easier to manage and clean.
>>
>>30238316
Do you want a pistol or a rifle? Do you want to do hunting, precision shooting, speed shooting, long range shooting, etc?

A .22 rifle is something everyone should own, really, but it's also very limited so I don't recommend spending too much on it. Everyone will tell you to get a ruger 10/22 but personally I've never seen the point in a semi-auto .22, like you're going to need to shoot fast when the squirrel and can uprising begins.

Look at your local gun store for the cheapest .22's they have, then start inspecting them to see what the best of the lot is. Once you've gotten that and taken it out shooting a bit, you can maybe think about where you'd like to go from there.

Aside from .22's btw, the best calibers to start are:

Pistol: 9mm
Rifle: .223
Shotgun: 12 gauge

All three of those are cheap to practice on and are decently utilitarian calibers as well.
>>
>>30239050
Oooh thanks for the input chief. I was really looking into getting a pistol and mainly for just recreational. Like targets and what not. Best bet would be an actual gunstore instead of going online or a pawn shop? Anyone i talk to about guns recommends to almost always buy new.
>>
>>30238316
You have shit taste in Bulmas bruv
>>
>>30238316
>Everyone tells me a .22 because the ammunition is cheap and easy for a beginner

Sure but at that point you might as well just buy a bb gun or an airsoft gun.

Just get a basic bitch AR like a S&W M&P 15.
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s.gif (86 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.gif
86 KB, 480x270
>>30239050
>I've never seen the point in a semi-auto .22, like you're going to need to shoot fast when the squirrel and can uprising begins.
You fool

That's what they want you to think

And then suddenly you're being overrun by squirrels in tin can body armor

My family's been at war with the squirrel menace for years now. You don't know.

I've seen some shit.
>>
>>30238316
I disagree with getting a .22 for a first gun
A .22 is too forgiving and you won't notice the mistakes you make and you'll end up just turning beginner mistakes into bad habits
Get a 9mm at the vest least
>>
File: xCAjrSf.jpg (152 KB, 655x991) Image search: [Google]
xCAjrSf.jpg
152 KB, 655x991
>>30239345
I have a few saved for just the occasion anon.
>>30239379
I'll have to check those out as well. Thanks.
>>30239394
>exhales nose air
I feel for your family anon. Fight the good fight!
>>30239491
I really think I'm leaning toward a 9mm. I'm not sure how the prices are for the standard around my area.
>>
>>30238316
Bolt action .22 should always be your first gun

CZ452 is The universally recommended .22 bolt gun
>>
>>30239050
>Pistol: 9mm
>Rifle: .223
>Shotgun: 12 gauge

I wouldn't bother with .22 and just go for one of these.
>>
>>30240502
Op, the reason for getting a .22 bolt gun as a first gun is because it is nearly as simple as it gets and it will teach you exactly how a firearm works, you can see how it feeds, locks, fires, extracts and ejects. And you can very easily remove the bolt to clean everything. And you can shoot .22 all day on pocket change. Working the bolt is fun as fuck too

Cz 452 is a great .22 bolt gun, if you don't want to spend that much then a savage mk2 or ruger American will be decent as well
>>
>>30242359
hmm i really like how that sounds. i'll have to check it on a work day when it's slow or something. i'm going camping sometime in august with my gf and her family so having a gun will make me feel a little safer. against what? i'm not sure.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.