[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hahaha Archimedes did it 3500 years ago laserfags BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
Hahaha Archimedes did it 3500 years ago laserfags BTFO
>>
>if only warships were still made of wood
>if only they still fought directly next to each other
>if only OP wasn't a faggot
>>
Ships looked nothing like that during that time period.
>>
>>30237892
Mythbusters did a couple of shows on this. It didn't work. Even with modern, more reflective mirrors.
>>
>>30238063
People who recite myths they disproved on that show should be hanged.

Unless Grant and Tori were involved, then they should be second guessed.
>>
>>30238092
Mythbusters doesn't have a very scientific approach and and they're trying to do something very difficult. Of course some myths get busted, but it's not because you can't replicate results that a myth isn't actually true.

In the case of Archimedes, from what I know we have a few descriptions of weapons that the Romans witnessed and people have extrapolated information and decided they must have been mirrors. Maybe people have been reciting myths that the Romans made up or whatever.
>>
File: Gundamep40c.jpg (55 KB, 886x664) Image search: [Google]
Gundamep40c.jpg
55 KB, 886x664
Bitch please.
>>
File: AkiraSOL.jpg (558 KB, 2338x1700) Image search: [Google]
AkiraSOL.jpg
558 KB, 2338x1700
Why don't we have this yet?
>>
>>30238671
because cyberpunk died when it started to get real

but, fear not, 2016~2020 seems like it will be an interesting quaternary
>>
>>30238671
>TETSUOOOOOOOO
>>
>>30238567
>faulting mythbusters on "scientific approach"
>Replicating results doesn't matter.
Someone doesn't know a thing about science.
>>
I'm going to take a moment and say that the Mythbusters crew is smarter than each of us. They had this myth tried in at least three episodes. Fuck you, you're not as smart as you think.
>>
>>30238777
Jackpot trips confirm, mythbusters smarter than random fags on /k/
>>
>>30238063
only thing they proved is that THEY can't get it to work
>>
>>30238770
replication and process are two different things, their coverage of the whole 9/11 thermite theory was a poorly done hackjob that inspired a youtuber to make thermitic and thermatic cutting devices out of scrapyard quality materials that were both portable and replicated the claimed descriptions of the mythical 9/11 demolition charges

far be it to let one highly politicized item ruin their whole reputation, but it is a particularly black mark on their integrity and the entire underpinnings of the show's claims
>>
>>30237892
I must have missed the history lesson about Archimedes burning the USS Constitution with his laser death ray.
>>
>>30238770
The irony.

In science you replicate results based on parameters and what a law or theory predicts. If the parameters are unknown, and you try to replicate the results under your own parameters, in no way does it show that it's impossible under another set of parameters. Well, that is of course unless the myth is something general that is impossible no matter the parameters.

Just for an example, if I tell you that you can burn diamond, and you try to hold a diamond under a torch and nothing happens, you haven't proved me wrong at all. Because I'll just heat a diamond up and put it in liquid oxygen and burn it right under your eyes.
>>
>>30238671

God I fucking love that manga.
>>
File: libra1.jpg (19 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
libra1.jpg
19 KB, 320x240
>>30238620
>>30238671

Meet the superiour battlestation.
>>
File: progress m-15 (1).jpg (56 KB, 600x412) Image search: [Google]
progress m-15 (1).jpg
56 KB, 600x412
>>30238620
Meanwhile, in real life.
>>
File: 40Kek&W.png (142 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
40Kek&W.png
142 KB, 292x257
>>30238965
>>
File: 1430445242296.jpg (133 KB, 942x848) Image search: [Google]
1430445242296.jpg
133 KB, 942x848
>>30238620
>>
>>30238777
Perhaps the myth busters are not as smart as Archimedes?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.