[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NVG/ Helmet thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: TeamWendy.jpg (544 KB, 1024x779) Image search: [Google]
TeamWendy.jpg
544 KB, 1024x779
Where were you when Team Wendy killed itself?

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2016/06/hillary_clinton_to_visit_team.html

NVG/ Helmet thread to keep the thread on topic
>>
>>30237569
i...i dont get it, the 'article' is garbage.

>who: hildog and team wendy people at some public event
>what:...
>when: 'monday'
>where: cleveland
>why:...

it's like four total sentences long. wish i could get paid to shit out two sentence paragraphs for a living.
>>
>>30237622
Right?
The article is shit, but they posted it on fuckbook 2 hours ago and the response is hilarious. Everyone is dropping TW and fast.

If you're in the market for a cheap TW helmet, now is the time to start looking.
>>
>>30237569
Just went to their FB page and holy shit. That didn't take long.
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 270x266) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 270x266
Jesus I've never seen a company kill itself with in one single move. Mike Honda couldn't even have planned it better.
>>
>>30237662
I didn't think I needed one, but if they're cheap enough i could see me getting one for possible NV shit later.
>>
>>30237569
lol how did they think this was a good idea?
>>
>>30237569
They're not a gun company, they make helmets
>>
>>30238537
And?
Did anyone imply any different?
>>
>>30237569
Damn, rarely do you get to see a company make such a retarded move with such an immediate backlash. This shit is hilarious.
>>
>>30237569
Since we're having a pants on head retarded showcasing thread, here is my retard question of the day.

I was looking into getting some gen 3 nods. I saw one pair which covered both eyes but led out into one tube. Does that affect depth perception? Could you use a NV compatible red dot with it?

Was also looking at one that is just a single monocular. Would I mount this on my non-dominant eye side of the helmet or should I mount this and be looking down my sights with it?
>>
>>30239152
Usual method is tube on non dominant eye.
Can't use a monocular to aim down sights. Either need a mounted optic or IR laser.
>>
Their damage control is great on the Facebook page. I like how people are posting ops core products and team Wendy helmets in the trash.
>>
>>30239152

you will have zero depth perception.
>>
So a bunch of airshitters are mad about their democrat gucci helmet manufacturer, who gives a fuck.
>>
>>30239849
>airsofter

nigger even in airsoft like 2% of us actually use Wendy helmets over Ops Core replicas

unless you're a faggot with a fat dick up your ass like SPARTAN11GW nobody wants those overpriced trash buckets
>>
>>30237569
What's in that guys mouth?
>>
>>30240264
Dragon dildo holder. Like a ring pop .

No it's a oxygen/supplied air mask for when SOF does HALO jumps.
>>
>company makes quality project involved by all
>endorses the wrong candidate
>suddenly shitstorm ensues and people their throwing their products our left and right
>suddenly quality of product matters less than toeing the political line
This is how Capitalism is supposed to work, right?
>>
>>30240559
>involved by all
Fuck, that should say enjoyed.
>>
>implying the cucks crying about this on their fb page make up even the slightest percentage of their sales
>thinking tw won't keep supplying helmets to hitters

A helmet manufacturer met with an anti gun, big whoop.
>>
>>30240559
That's actually precisely how capitalism is supposed to work. If a company is involving itself in political issues then consumers have every right to stop buying their products. If a consumer doesn't want to support a business for any reason they have that right.

Why would I buy from a company who's practices directly contradict my interests?
>>
>>30240559
sometimes you have to spend a little more to get what you really want
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-11-18-05-13.png (328 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-11-18-05-13.png
328 KB, 1080x1920
Team Wendy on suicide watch tbqhfamalam
>>
File: FB_IMG_1465686682828.jpg (92 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465686682828.jpg
92 KB, 1080x1080
>>
>>30240635
>unironically using the word "hitters" to refer to mall ninja cops

I'm all for appropriate SWAT use and I'm far from a copblock type but you faggots who think podunk PD SWAT dudes are badasses need to calm down.
>>
I was litterally about to buy a wendy helmet as ops core has such a long lead time on tnvc. Now fuck them. Anyone know of a site where I can buy an ops core without a 2 year wait?
>>
>>30243185
Was it a FAST Base Jump?
http://soldiersystems.net/2016/05/20/tnvc-issues-press-release-on-availabilty-of-ops-core-base-jump-helmets/
Follow up:
http://soldiersystems.net/2016/05/26/ops-core-issues-product-advisory-information-for-fast-base-jump-helmet/
>>
>try to get in with the half dead warhawk for contracts
>kill any rep you had with anyone that would have bought your product

>lose any chance of contract when hillbilly dies on stage of a heart attack when she can't just cackle and delete The Donald.
>>
File: image.png (170 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
image.png
170 KB, 500x358
>>30243253
TNVC is dumping all team Wendy gear. Hope it was worth it team Wendy, let this be a lesson not to shit on your customers
>>
>>30243367
Seriously? Deep sale? I wouldn't give Team Wendy a dime after today, but they make good gear. I'm more than willing to support someone who's dropping them.

As an aside, according to some research by SSD readers the owner of Team Wendy is a consistent Dem donor, including to Hillary in 2008.
>>
>read an article and their statement
>just trying to build good helmets because his daughter died of a TBI and he wants to save American lives
>from my hometown
>want to support American manufacturing
>feel for them a bit

>hit comments
>CEO is a hillary donator and Obama donator

fuck em

>hurr I want to save Soldiers lives by electing a warhawk to send them to wars they should not be fighting.

He is out for profit with the corrupt left and uses his bad parenting as an excuse.
>>
>>30243458
http://soldiersystems.net/2016/06/12/team-wendy-issues-statement-regarding-secretary-clintons-visit/
>>
>>30240654
Actually, when you put it like that, I agree.

I got caught up market aspect of things, and just being snarky. Maybe it's that the way some people are reacting is so fucking, I dunno, let's say angsty.
>>
>>30243458
>Republicans
>not warhawks
Unless you're referring to how many of them are 'chicken hawks'.
>>
>>30243633
I meant specifically in this election cycle

>one candidate wants to stay out of bullshit conflicts
>one voted to enter the region and created 10 more conflicts

I guess wendy decided to back the candidate that will put their helmets to use
>>
>>30243655
Trump has said he wants a ground war with Isis. I'm sure he's said the opposite too since that how he rolls but if you haven't realized that both major candidates are colossal shitheads who aren't remotely close to being qualified to be PotUS then the next four years are gonna be rough for you either way.
>>
>>30243655
>one candidate wants to stay out of bullshit conflicts
Giving South Korea, or Japan, nuclear weapons (not that either wants them) is the kind of thing that causes bullshit conflicts.

The man is a walking diplomatic incident. If he says shit like all mexicans are rapists, and talks about banning muslims from the country before he's elected, what the hell is he going to say afterward? Is he going to try some Art of the Deal bullying tactics in political negotiations? Because again, that starts wars, it doesn't avoid them.

And that's with the best case scenario, where he actually means all the things he says, and isn't just retarded, or is just a gigantic liar (my money is on liar).
>>
>>30243742

>Trump has said he wants a ground war with Isis.
Yes, he also says he wants to bomb the shit out of them.

That's how you defeat your enemies you know.

but aside from the people currently calling for jihad against and attacking us he wants non interventionism and has said as much.

you misconstruing one statement about defeating our enemies not not make him an interventionist warhark.

>oh these people are at war with us
>"well a real non interventionist would take it up the ass and say he is sorry!"

>colossal shitheads who aren't remotely close to being qualified to be PotUS

I have not lived through a president that was qualified to be president.

I'll take one with some moxie and an America first campaign over the corrupt faggots I have grown up with selling my rights and nation out from under my feet.

>>30243742

>Giving South Korea, or Japan, nuclear weapons

Did he say to give them nukes?

>If he says shit like all mexicans are rapists

He did not, he said that many illegals are rapists, which they are.

Also tons of girls get raped by coyotes coming into the US.

>and talks about banning muslims from the country

Again, an immigration ban on muslims is not a ban on muslims and it is completely within the presidents power.

>my money is on liar).
Considering you have lied multiple times about him in your post( or you are retarded, my moneys on retarded) I don't really care where your money is
>>
>>30243824
>he doesn't want a war
>except for one we'll totally win with no casualties

He has advocated for boots on the ground against ISIS. If you don't think that's a war then I can't help you. But besides that you can be as mad as you want about past Republicans but Trump is literally a crony capitalist, the very thing that's been killing the Republican Party for decades.
>>
>>30243888
>>he doesn't want a war
>>except for one we'll totally win with no casualties

Except for the one we are already involved in and the Obama administration has half pulled out of as it destroyed the region and is now slowly entering "not combat"

Should he just pull out and leave Isis be?

>If you don't think that's a war then I can't help you.
I did not say it was not a war, I said that he wants to kill the people we are at war with.

You cannot just pull out and let Isis take the region and expect nothing to come to our front door, he is advocating for absolutely eradicating Isis and pulling out of the region unless we are paid handsomely to defend some of it.

>but Trump is literally a crony capitalist, the very thing that's been killing the Republican Party for decades.

And he admits it and says he dislikes the current system the politicians have put in place.

You think he likes having to bribe pieces of shit to build his buildings?

He is running a campaign against he because he has had to deal with their corrupt bureaucratic nonsense.

>that's been killing the Republican Party for decades.

Pandering to christian fundies and becoming neocon democrats is what is killing the republican party, crony capitalism feeds it
>>
>>30243935
Whatever man. Think what you want. I'm not gonna keep derailing this thread.
Again if you think Trump is some savior the next few years are gonna be real rough for you. He and Hillary are just two sides of the same coin.
>>
Shillary wants to appeal to the blue collar whites in Ohio. Needs a manufacturer, because rust belt.

Team Wendy wants some of those MilIndustrial Complex bucks. Invites Shillary over, hoping she will remember them if she wins.

Everything backfires horribly for TM.
>>
>>30244023
>He and Hillary are just two sides of the same coin.

Yes, that's why the entire mainstream media and both political parties are fighting him so hard.

>oh hey another one of our puppets, better fight him like we never have before

>whatever man
not an argument, get BTFOd retard
>>
>>30244033
She already has them tbqh, NE Ohio is a bunch of democrap, white trash, coal burning cuckold faggots
>>
>>30243935
>it's okay, Trump understands how corrupt the system is and hates it! Even though he uses it to his advantage ALL the time...
How is this supposed to be a mark in his favor? How fucking retarded are you?

Are you going to argue it's a dirty necessity for him, and he's some noble figure who only plans to make use of the corruption inherent in the system long enough for him to get in power and then get rid of it? That he's not going to abuse the hell out of it for his own personal gain, because he's a total narcissist?

Also...
>being in favor of crony capitalism
Yeah because crony capitalism promotes the hell out of freedom.

>neocon democrats
Oh wait, nvm. You're one of those idiots who thinks the right can do now wrong, aren't you? Which is why Neo-cons are suddenly a democrat/liberal idea?
>>
>>30240559
capitalism does work this way, this is the free market at work.
>>
>>30244062
I have absolutely no problem with a business owner paying off crooked politicians to get work done

I take issue with the politicians.

Explain to me the difference between mitt romney, paul ryan, lindsay graham, john mccain and hillary clinton.

>hurr they're both the two sides of the same coin is a valid argument when I use it on Trump but if you use it on the people on different sides of the isle all fighting trump then you are an idiot

how does it feel being so retarded you make arguments you just argued against?
>>
>>30237569
I got first comment on that one.... i feel proud
>>
>>30237569
opscore4eva
>>
>>30244095
>hurr they're both the two sides of the same coin
Din't say that, I said that trying to 'blame' the Democrats for Neo-cons is retarded. It's a Republican idea. Not all statism and other asshattery is born of the left, despite your obvious implication when you used "Neocon Democrats" before.

And I take issue with both parties, for the record. The politician who takes the bribe, and the businessman who offers it because rules shouldn't apply to him because they interfere with profit and muh free market.

Also, not the only person in the thead who disagrees with you.
>>
Protec master race
>>
>>30244181
>I said that trying to 'blame' the Democrats for Neo-cons is retarded
I'm not blaming the democrats for neocons I am calling the neo cons democrats because they act like them and support many of their positions.

>Not all statism and other asshattery is born of the left

The authoritarian leftism which the neocons are partaking in when I call them democrats is.
>>
File: 1423958178496.jpg (79 KB, 1024x736) Image search: [Google]
1423958178496.jpg
79 KB, 1024x736
>>30244188
Operator approved. In the 90's anyway
>>
>>30244181

Neocons are literally just anti-communist liberals. that was the point from the start, which is why they get a whole new label to themselves. Bill Buckley brought them into the conservative fold. Read some Krauthammer OpEds and decide whether he is a democrat or a republican. protip, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>30243824
When it comes to nuclear weapons and policy, he is clueless.
>>
>>30238339
The make all the helmet pads for the .mil. They will be fine. There civi sales will be shit tho
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.