[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Selling a shotgun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Lauronia.jpg (577 KB, 1800x1350) Image search: [Google]
Lauronia.jpg
577 KB, 1800x1350
Have an old side by side shotgun, really have no use for it since I have a remington 11-87 and an 870 express. I'm thinking of selling it but don't want to get ripped off. Any gun nuts know the value of this baby? Also, any tips for selling a gun via a trading group? (don't meet in a dark alley, etc)
In Canada by the way.

The gun is a Lauronia Eibar Espana, made in spain. 12 ga side by side. Super accurate but, after shooting both barrels, its really tight to open (is that normal) unless you wait a bit until it cools down...
>>
>>30230971
If you want to sell it quick you could probably get 200ish but if you want to wait you might be able to get a buyer at 300 wouldn't go past 350 because you would be sitting on it forever.

Here's the Blue Book https://bluebookofgunvalues.com/Gun_Values/Manufacturers/LAURONA_ZABALA/Categories/SHOTGUNS__SxS_BOXLOCK?id=LAURONA_ZABALA_SHOTGUNS_SxS_BOXLOCK

Fucky for things like milsurp but for sporting arms they are usually on the money plus or minus 50 bucks or so.

If you list it on Gun Broker don't bother with reserves, most times it gets filtered.
>>
>>30230971
I have a Spanish side by side that I bought from Rock Island for $375, with extensive engraving and a well done keyed beavertail. It was worth at least $350 to someone else, in The US.

The guns expand when hot, which is problematic with how the Spaniards just cobbled the guns together. Various tolerance issues can make the guns hard to work when hot or extremely cold.
>>
>>30231038
Awesome, I bookmarked that link, Thanks a lot for the info! I think I'll ask 300 for it, especially due to the action being really hard to open after shooting a couple shells (i used light target loads too!) I mean super hard, like I practically had to bend it on my knee as if i were snapping wood in half.
I will mention that to the buyer though, don't want to rip anyone off.
>>30231191
Thanks, this one is pretty plain, but I kind of like the plain-ness of it. I'd keep it but i have the 1187 for bird hunting so I probably don't need this.
So the expanding is on most of their guns, and not some kind of defect, right?
>>
>>30231477
Usually the problem with doubles is that they get loose over time. If yours is a little on the snug side, that could be a good thing. If you want to be a decent person, you can put in the description that it's hard to open after firing. Otherwise you can just say "action is nice and tight" and then after somebody buys it you can just yell YOLO and run away because it's their problem now.
>>
>>30231477
when doubles get a bit hot the shells can stick a bit, especially if the chamber is rough but usually a flick of the fingers can get it out. If the shells come out easily enough once the action is broken open it is probably a problem with the hinge.

Seems to be something that is for the buyer to figure out though, read it over and found out you are talking about Canada, which I wouldn't know anything about but 300 CAD is fair given the sticking, the prices on the bluebook are in USD.
>>
Doubles tend to be, as noted, pretty tight, from the factory.
You see a lot of older doubles that are loose from years of shooting even if they look almost new and have been cared for.
Better too tight than too loose as long as they extract okay.
>>
Just to clarify, the shells come out easily. no problem at all, its opening the actual break barrel that is difficult. I sort of though that "tight is better than loose" but wasn't sure. I've mostly only shot rifles, bit of a shotgun noob.
I just messaged the first potential buyer and said 325 (since i'm driving half way to meet him, it seemed fair to me.)
>>
>>30231888
Checked.

You would be doing fine for that price.
>>
It seems like a solid sxs and you won't get enough money out of an auction to justify selling it. It doesn't cost anything to keep it and they aren't making them anymore. I don't know about Spanish shotguns but I have an old Ithaca nitro magnum that has become an heirloom and was appraised at $1500. There was an excellent website for shotgun collectors where you could post pictures and get professional opinions, might be worth stopping in there.
>>
>>30232093
Spanish shotguns were to the 70s as Turkish shotguns were to the 00s.

The guns coming out of Turkey today are often better than what the Spaniards were making 40 years ago.
>>
>>30232333
I'm due to inherit a never fired turkish, its a 20 ga side by side. it looks much nicer desu.
I'm going to inherit about 15 guns or so when my estranged olf man finally succumbs to cancer (yeah i'm a bit cold, haha)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.