[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was thinking about getting a p-64 for concealed carry and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: 20160610_153019.jpg (135 KB, 768x560) Image search: [Google]
20160610_153019.jpg
135 KB, 768x560
So I was thinking about getting a p-64 for concealed carry and general plinking. Any owners have any feedback on these? I've read that the D/A on these is heavy as fuck but you can get lighter springs.
>>
It's a cheap commie gun. If you have $200 just burning a hole in your pocket and want to experience communist craftsmanship in the item you use to defend your life, then by all means buy one. Just don't buy it thinking that it's a suitable substitute for a real handgun.
>>
>>30230443
Ok Elmer.
>>
>>30230419
>lighter springs
enjoy your misfires
>>
>>30230453
You're so deluded by /k/ memes, you don't even know what they mean anymore.
>>
File: yes.jpg (15 KB, 430x320) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
15 KB, 430x320
>>30230419
These were cheap pistols used by polish police/military. They aren't mechanically safe for concealed carry. They aren't very comfortable to hold or carry. They don't hold a lot of rounds. They aren't nice to shoot. They aren't reliable.

They just aren't good handguns. They're adequate.
>>
>>30230508
Is there a handgun chambered in 9x18mm that isn't shit?
>>
>>30230464
>That thars one of them commy guns junior, ain't made by real Murricans like Dale Earnhardt, lord baby Jesus bless his soul. Ain't worth a hens peck if ya askin me.
>>
>>30230563
Just because you know how to type in a hick accent doesn't make me wrong. These guns are terrible to shoot and chamber a retarded caliber that isn't compatible with any western guns.
>>
>>30230532
It's just a lame round that never needed to exist.
>>
>>30230532
Makarov it runs on vodka magic
>>
>>30230419
Heavy as fuck trigger, had to get a aftermarket spring to make is comfortable to use.
>>
I carry mine every day.
Got some Hornday 9x18 JHP rounds from Bass pro.

After 18 months (yes, 1.5 years) of carrying the same 7 rounds, when I took the gun out for plinking my idiot brother shot all 7 rds of the carry ammo.

Each round worked without issue.

9x18 is better than 380.
>>
>>30230464
>>30230443
"Commie guns are poorly made junk!" Is fuddlore.

The P-64 is a fine handgun. It's craftsmanship is better than most of the American guns at that price point. I keep mine in the glove box of my car because it's small as shit and actually pretty reliable.
Mine is also police turn-in and it looks like it had never been fired before I purchased it.
>>
They aren't drop safe, that's really the only problem. They weren't really supposed to be carried with a round chambered, so the double action being 30 pounds wasn't intended to be something users actually had to deal with.

So yeah between those two factors it isn't a great gun for concealed carry when there are other options in the same price range. But it is possibly the sexiest compact little pistol ever made in my opinion and is a great collection builder.
>>
>>30230640
Except that isn't what you originally said at all. You could have said "they're functional and work, but a poor choice compared to modern single stack pocket guns".

Instead you adjusted your Git-R-Dun man girdle, spit into your 4 month old diet Mountain Dew spittoon, reached into your suspenders and pulled out a new pinch of berry Skoal, and vomited a bunch of Fudd shit onto the keyboard.
>>
>>30230742
>"Commie guns are poorly made junk!" Is fuddlore.
Having owned both, I can say with certainty that no, it's not fuddlore.
>>
>>30230793
You are retarded. Find me more reliable seniautomatic designs than the AK or Makarov.

Go on, I'll wait. If you post a glock I WILL slap you.
>>
>>30230419
I carry one daily.
Condition 3, because its not drop safe, and the double action is extremely heavy. So if i were to shoot it I would rack the slide and fire. The handgun is small and perfectly fits in my hand, so i can naturally point my hand in the right direction and hit where im pointing. Recoil is a bit snappy, and if you have chunky hands you will get slide bite. In addition, i found most of the pain caused by recoil was caused by the sharp grips, so i took a dremel to smooth the plastic grips. Im waiting on a custom wood grip but the guy that does them lives in europe so its gonna take a while. Furthermore, in regards to capacity, if i get into a situation that requires me to use my firearm, im either gonna take the guy down, or at least shoot in their direction to get to safety, and that wont require more than 6 rounds for me.

All in all, if your having trouble looking for an excellent quality PPK(i know i did), then get this polish ppk clone. I got mine earlier this year for 230$, brand new looking, not even a scratch, with the import stamp located in front of the trigger guard under the frame. Usually the guns can be found for 200$, but i felt the extra 30$ was worth it to have the import stamp not readily visible.

Pro tip, p64 is slightly smaller than ppk, so if your stuck getting a ppk holster make sure you figure out a way to tighten it up
>>
>>30230758
they are actually drop safe
they have spring loaded firing pins and rebounding hammers
>>
>>30230758
>They aren't drop safe

Are you retarded or just don't own one? Not only does the safety roll a firing pin block over the firing pin on safe, the p-64 has a rebounding hammer that unless the trigger is depressed forces the hammer away from the firing pin.

tl;dr there are 2 drop safeties on the p-64
>>
>>30230827
three if you count the spring on the firing pin
>>
>>30230419
>rip off mak

yeah they fucking suck dude

buy american you stupid slavaboo
>>
>>30230801
Reliability isn't everything. The build quality of commie guns is very poor. I've owned Tokarevs, a Makarov, Mosins, they all worked pretty well, but not a single one of them was without issue. None of them gave the impression of quality like practically every firearm made in the first world. They just aren't built very well, so you get things like stiff, uneven triggers, random magazine ejection, sticky magazine ejection, poorly-fitted parts, finish so thin that it turns purple in the first year of ownership, so much rattle that you can use the weapon as a musical instrument in a Mexican folk band, and any number of other issues that don't happen with American or European firearms. True, the Makarov is a pretty reliable design - it is a plagiarized Walther PP, after all - but that doesn't make it a good gun.

>>30230822
That doesn't make it drop safe.

>AK is reliable
This is actually the fuddlore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX73uXs3xGU

>b-but FPS Russia put a sandwich in recoil spring and shot his AK
That doesn't actually prove anything.
>>
>>30230868
Confirmed not owning a P64.
The Poles don't make shit guns.
>>
>>30230804
>not drop safe

What these guys said:
>>30230827
>>30230834

I seriously took my p-64 to the range one day with a rubber mallet and whacked the hammer a few times. Safety off, hammer down, round in the chamber.
No matter how hard I smacked it, I couldn't get it to fire from that
>>
>>30230868
The p-64 is polish, anon.
>>
>>30230804
I've heard that the trigger guard tends to smack into your fingers when firing. Is that an actual problem with these? Could better grips remedy this problem, if it does exist?
>>
hahah :D
weeeeeenus peanus!
>>
>>30230931
>Po-land? That ain't where Jeff Foxworth from. That next to Elbonia boy?
>>
>>30231031
Yes, right next to ayy-rabistan.
>>
File: 20160603_222418.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160603_222418.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>30230419
Great gun, I cc this baby everywhere. Needs lighter DA, besides that it's lovely.
>>
>>30230895
>>30230931
Did you sleep through history class? Poland was part of the USSR.
>>
>>30231031
>>30231047
>communism was so great
>anyone who disagrees with me is a redneck

Did you also vote for Bernie Sanders?
>>
File: soviet_union_map_3.jpg (36 KB, 492x304) Image search: [Google]
soviet_union_map_3.jpg
36 KB, 492x304
>>30231226
Uhhhh.....
>>
>>30231257
>"I slept through history class after they tested us on the world wars"

>In 1944, Stalin had made guarantees to Churchill and Roosevelt that he would maintain Poland's sovereignty and allow democratic elections to take place. However, upon achieving victory in 1945, the elections organized by the occupying Soviet authorities were falsified and were used to provide a veneer of 'legitimacy' for Soviet hegemony over Polish affairs. The Soviet Union instituted a new communist government in Poland, analogous to much of the rest of the Eastern Bloc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poland#Postwar_communism
>>
I tried one out in a lgs and like everyone else said, the da pull was terrible.

You should get a Tokarev or a Bulgarian Mak.

No matter which you buy, get a spring kit from wolf springs.
>>
>>30230902
Not drop safe as in wasnt actually built with a mechanism to prevent it from going off with chamber loaded safety off. Yes im aware i can have the safety on or deckocker set to the middle to disconnect, but my particular one is brand new and the lever is stiff so if a situation occured i wouldnt be able to snap the lever to fire withiut compromising my grip.

Lmao i also tested the safeties by hitting the hammer with a rubber mallet.

>>30230955
Do you mean where your middle finger sits under the trigger guard? Because yes if you dont hold it with a propper grip it might, it alk depends on how your fingers wrap around. I will say though that the stock grips are not flush with the front of the grip frame, there is a ledge, so if your hands are soft and meaty you will feel the steel frame digging into you when you grip. To remedy that you can wrap some electrical tape around it(its a 200$ gun so no devalue lol), or get one if thise hogue slip ons, they cost about 13$ and help cushion during recoil if that bothers you. BTW i should say that the recoil isnt stout like shooting a magnum, and when i say its snappy i mean that the pistol is so light that when you fire it the gun will jump. It doesnt have recoil that is painful, it just makes the pistol snap up(sorry if that description sounds retarded).

I just like the gun cause its light, full steel, feels great in my hands, looks like a ppk, and my dad carried one when he was an officer in the polish army.
>>
>>30230858
I'm aware this is a shitpost, but the P-64 is quite different from the Makarov. The only thing they share is a common round.
>>
File: Mosin Nagant 91-30.jpg (605 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Mosin Nagant 91-30.jpg
605 KB, 2048x1536
>P-64
>poorfags on /k/ find a cheap gun
>defend them vehemently because they can afford it and want to validate their purchase for a reason besides it being all they can afford
>dozen handguns under $500 that are objectively better than it in every way
>Eastern Bloc
>Milsurp
>"primitive" or "simple and reliable" fepending on point of view
>fires decent-enough cartridge
>tons of them cheap on Gouge-broker

Where have I seen this before?
>>
>>30232707
>I'm aware this is a shitpost, but the P-64 is quite different from the Makarov. The only thing they share is a common round.

Are you kidding me?

>PP clone vs PPK clone
>both have a terrible trigger
>both are imported slavic junk
>TOTALLY DIFFERENT GUNS THO
>>
>not buying a superior CZ-82 instead

plebs.webm
>>
I own a P-64. It's not fun to shoot. It's not ideal for carrying.
>>
>>30233112
Doesn't the cz82 have accuracy issues? And they tend to chip
>>
>>30235808
My Cz82 is more accurate than my Colt my best friend's Beretta at 25 yards. Maybe my gun is special, who knows. However yeah, I do extremely like the finish, but it chips so easily. But for a $200 dollar gun at the time I bought it, definitely worth it.
>>
>>30237699
Oh god its obvious I need my coffee, *my colt and my best friend's beretta
>>
File: this thread again.jpg (53 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
this thread again.jpg
53 KB, 410x410
Why do people keep falling for this thread? Nobody legitimately wants to buy a P-64. This gun is the biggest meme on /k/ right now and it gets you fags riled up every time.
>>
Only bad thing is the trigger pull. Fix that and it's an okay handgun, and wonderful for its price.
>>
>>30239290
OP here, I legitimately am considering a P-64. Not sure if your post is just bait or not.
>>
>>30230963
Nononono its a weany peeeeenee hahahaha ;D
>>
>>30230728
>9x8 is [marginally] better than .380

This, really. When you order online it's the same price as 380, but it packs more of a punch, and the guns that chamber it are infinitely more reliable. The Makarov, P64, PA-63, and the CZ are all weapons that will never fail you(as long as you use the proper springs, as with all milsurp weapons)
>>
File: PA-63 5.jpg (627 KB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
PA-63 5.jpg
627 KB, 4032x3024
>>30230804
>the guy that does them lives in europe

Marshalls? I got mine back after three weeks, and two years later, they still look fantastic.
>>
>>30230868
Please assume a tripcode so anyone with a modicum of brainpower can filter your ass out.
>>
>>30239290
I bought my P64 for my first pistol, and I love the thing. So fuck you.
>>
>>30231066
Where'd you get that holster? I've been looking for one for my PA63 but nobody seems to make one.
>>
OP here, where's the best place to get a p-64 and what's the lightest I should go with the springs? 18lbs? 20lbs?
>>
>>30239290
>no one else's interests are real
>I have raging autism
>>
>>30241054
>use a tripcode
>so anyone with a modicum of brainpower
>can filter you

Is it opposite day?
>>
>>30230640
The 9x18 Makarov was made specifically to not chamber in western guns
>>
>>30241664
Sounds like a great option for a carry gun for an American!
>>
>>30230443

My P-64 has better machining, fit, and finish than any common product I've seen from a big name American manufacturer in the past 20 years.
>>
>>30241743
>than any American gun I've seen
>I've seen

You're shopping for $200 guns. I assume you've only ever owned Saturday night specials and Hi Points.
>>
I've had one for summertime carry for the last several years. I like it. Replaced the springs for a lighter DA pull and it's been just as reliable.
>>
>>30233089
Confirmed for knowing nothing about the P-64. It looks similar, but it is not a PPK clone. How about you do some research before you shitpost.
>Imported slavic junk
>Both have a terrible trigger
According to your criteria, the VZ. 52 is also basically the same gun.
>>
>>30230419
There is a spacer at the base of the hammer spring, that when removed will improve the DA pull, while not affecting reliability.

Also, some of these will have rough finishes in the cuts/recesses where the trigger linkage reciprocates, polishing this will improve the DA pull.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.