[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am a Commiefornian, and from what I have read online is that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: download.png (119 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
download.png
119 KB, 400x298
I am a Commiefornian, and from what I have read online is that Tec-9 is one of the banned firearms listed by name. Is there anyway around this restriction? I always like the aesthetic look of it (open bolt, magazine not in the pistol grip). Is there any other clone variants of it that are considered legal?

Disregard the 10rd law, I eventually plan on moving out of the state in the near future.

If theres no viable alternative I'll probably just settle on a 1911 anyways so no big deal otherwise.
>>
You dont want a tec 9
>>
derp
>>
>open bolt

Only the KG-9 was open bolt. They're exceedingly rare these days and trade for $1,200+. The KG-99, TEC-9, TEC-DC9, and AB-10 were all closed bolt striker fired.

As for your question, your only real option is to buy one in a private sale in an uncucked state, take it back with you, and keep your lips sealed.
>>
I believe one of the "assault" features that are banned for pistols is a pistol that takes a magazine outside the pistol grip
Even if you can skirt the ban by name and find a clone that is called something else, it would still be banned via CA's shit salt weapon laws

You still wouldn't want one anyways
>>
>>30224842
>>30224848
I guess thats life being cucked, whatever. I guess I'll just settle for something else. Thanks for the answers.
>>
I guess you could try and fabricate a fag button for one that isn't name banned. Too much trouble for me though, even if i do like them.
>>
>>30224781
>You dont want a tec 9
>>30224848
>You still wouldn't want one anyways

There is nothing wrong with the TEC-9 series. If you fired an example that had been maintained adequately and had factory magazines, you would change your mind.

The negative reputation comes from three main factors:

>maintenance
A lot of white trash and hoodrats loved these guns back in the day due to the 'gangsta' image, and you know they never actually cleaned and oiled them. Probably didn't even know how to disassemble them. Any firearm that has been neglected for two decades is going to have issues.

>shitty aftermarket magazines
Intratec had a pretty lousy distribution network and spare mags weren't cheap, so loads of fly-by-night companies started pumping out extremely low quality aftermarket magazines for them. Same situation with the Ruger 10/22, Mini-14, etc.

>using wrong ammunition
The family line of the gun begins with the Interdynamic MP-9, which was designed as a simple, affordable submachine gun for export sales. It was marketed almost exclusively to military entities, so it was assumed that standard pressure ball ammunition would be used. The KG-99/TEC-9 series was essentially an MP-9 with a closed bolt, and no stock or foregrip. They never re-engineered it to take into account the errant idiot who would run a case of NATO surplus +p ammo that he got for cheap through it. The anecdotal reports of them "falling apart when fired" all come from these kinds of situation. Some dipshit ignores the manual and spends a year running his handloads through it, and the frame winds up cracking. It's the same "blame anyone but myself" shit that led to the Glocknade meme.

Is it a Holland & Holland? No. But it's not the dangerous rustbucket people portray it as. They're perfectly adequate firearms if you understand its niche, and generally avoid being a fuckwit.
>>
There are two ways for it to be an evil "ass ault weapon." Name and features.

You need to find a "non-named" postban version like an AB10.

Then, you can't have the magwell outside of the grip, so you need a maglock. Most guys had the tab cut off.

But then there's the roster...so you have to find one already in the state.
>>
>>30225023
FUCKING FINALLY SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN
>>
>>30224754
OP I own one and it's a piece of shit. I can get a timestamp if you don't believe me but holy shit do not waste your money on one of these turds.
>>
>>30225023
>made with military ball ammo in mind
>can't use NATO ammo
Wat
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.