[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Made a post a few days ago about getting my first gun and waiting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13
File: XDS93345S_15.jpg (654 KB, 1200x1387) Image search: [Google]
XDS93345S_15.jpg
654 KB, 1200x1387
Made a post a few days ago about getting my first gun and waiting for my background check to clear. Turns out my background check got denied. Which is weird because I just got a background check done by the city police department when I applied the past couple of weeks. Now im filing an appeal with the fbi to get it overturned. Ama
>>
did it actually get denied-denied or was it just temporarily held or whatever?

I had something like that happen to me when I bought one of my guns. turns out that florida has like sixty niggers with my same name so the initial check was denied until they could run a more thorough one based on my SSN (which I did not give them initially because, fuck 'em)
>>
>>30224341
Denied denied. Guy told me the same thing. So I gave em my ssn this time around. It was delayed at first then it got denied
>>
>>30224380

well, that sucks. best of luck to you my fellow freedom eagle.
>>
>>30224322
Well you fucked up at some point in the past. You know exactly what you did so why don't you share it with your fellow clay amphora makers
>>
>>30224452
>clay amphora makers

excuse me, this is a taiwanese ricepaper doodlemeet.
>>
>>30224452
Like I said, I already got screened and cleared by my local police station when I applied. No violent offenses no felony charges im clean but got denied for no reason.
> thanks alot Hilary 2017
>>
>>30224496
Any drug or family violence? DUI?
>>
>>30224531
Nope I know the requirements backwards and forwards worst ive got is speeding tickets
>>
>>30224322
>>30224322
That's odd you'd pass.ome but not the other.

I just got my ccw permit this week and will be picking up my rifle lowers next week when they arrive. There's no reason at all I should fail any bg check but seeing this makes me wonder. Hopefully the just fucked up and mixed you up with someone, like how the no-fly-list list constantly fucks over innocent people.
>>
>>30224563
Fuck when I go to buy guns it takes 5 secs for my background check to clear. I feel very sorry for you man
>>
File: 20160609_224519.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160609_224519.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>30224606
Fucked up part is this is my first gun and they ruind the entire experience. I even bought a holster and everything
>>
Pic related on what you were buying?
>>
>>30224676
I bought a springfield xds 45
>>
>>30224659
Shit sucks dude. I just went to pick up my first handgun today. (S&W sd9ve) just gave her the first bath of many. I hope it all works out for you.
>>
>>30224322
What can disqualify you?
>>
>>30224763
Felony of any kind, drug offense of any kind, family violence regardless if it's just a misdemeanor, crimes of moral turpitude, DUIs, not voting Trump
>>
>>30224496
Unless you've ever been admitted to a mental health facility all I can think of is somebody with a record has the same name as youbut stuff like that would have been cleared up pretty quick. Maybe get the local pd to look into it
>>
>>30224826
>>30224833
And if you were involuntarily committed to a mental health institution
>>
>>30224688
My empathies. I plan on ordering an XDM as my first too but in 9mm. Quick question though. What made you pick it over the M&P or glock?
>>
>>30224914
Ive shot an xd before and for me it was perfect for me from the capacity to the ergonomics. I feel like glocks are expensive in name and ive never held a s&w except to finger fuck it in a shop
>>
>>30224763
Literally anything. A buddy of mine got a ticket in Florida for not wearing a life vest while fishing, said "Fuck this, I'ma never coming back to Florida anyway, balled it up and threw it out", and finally the ticket caught up with him on a NICS check years later, after buying several guns in the meantime. So, take that for what it is.
>>
>>30224452
>You fucked up!
>Not the government!
>>
>>30224563
>worst ive got is speeding tickets

Unpaid tickets can turn into warrants which can cause a denial.
>>
>>30224948
The knobby texture on the grip is not gentle on your hands. I've installed Talon Grips and highly recommend them for the XDS
>>
>>30225931
/Thread
>>
>>30224659
You posted on /k/ one time too many and they put you on a list anon
>>
>>30225931
Got all my tickets paid like I said its only been a few weeks since ive applied at the police station and nothings changed since then
>>
File: 1281983301976.png (76 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1281983301976.png
76 KB, 160x160
>>30227638
> post on /k/ too much
>>
>>30224322
Topkek I don't even get denied, I love America
>>
>>30224380
There's your first problem. If the ffl ran your check twice they all became felons.
>>
>>30227921
They only denied me once and I filed for an appeal. Guy from the shop told me it might be mistaken identity. Today marks day one on waiting for the FBI
>>
File: 1463979590251.jpg (116 KB, 800x671) Image search: [Google]
1463979590251.jpg
116 KB, 800x671
>>30224322
buy private party in the meantime, fuck the American government. They have no business deciding who may and may not own firearms.
>>
All you faggots insisting that OP has to have fucked up, you don't think that NICS ever has incorrect information? Records can get fucked up easily. Years ago I got a speeding ticket the first and only time I'd driven through Iowa. I called their little service and payed the fine, but a few months later I received a notice that my license has been suspended. When I called to figure out what the hell was going on, they informed me that I had two outstanding warrants in other parts of the state, parts I had never been to. Somehow they got my information mixed up with someone else's in their system and I had to sort it out before I could get my MO license reinstated.
>>
File: 1452827833611.jpg (58 KB, 851x233) Image search: [Google]
1452827833611.jpg
58 KB, 851x233
>>30227918
If your name is uncommon its easier to pass or if you include your SSN. Guy behind the counter probably didnt include mine or didnt put it in correctly so now im sitting here gunless
>>
>>30228082
I have an extremely common Muslim first name, but yeah I put my social on there because of this exact reason and I've never been denied
>>
File: 1463269183356.gif (2 MB, 350x478) Image search: [Google]
1463269183356.gif
2 MB, 350x478
I think i can ask this question here instead of new thread:

This is my first gun purchase. I went in not knowing much.

I just went to my local FFL dealer hours ago. Went through the whole process of filling out the forms, inspecting my gun, etc.
I thought I would get the gun right away, but the FFL guy told me he'll call me when I can come back and pick it up. I don't think he started the background check. He just told me to he'll call right after I handed him my signed 4473 form.

I thought background checks were near-instant no?

Couple things:
>I thought I'd be walking into a gun store, but the FFL dealer does business in his house. Maybe he needs extra steps to do background checks because it's not on official business grounds? The FFL dealer has a lot of reputation on the web.

>Why did he tell me not to write down my SSN on form 4473?
>Normal for the FFL dealer to just have my gun out of the box? Instead of handing me the box itself untouched?

My first gun purchase and I had absolutely no idea what to expect from an FFL transfer. All the guidelines on the gun websites have it so simple and lack details.

I'm just worried the dude is tampering with my shit, knowing that I'm a first time purchaser (I asked a lot of questions during the transfer...).
>>
File: 1465273423796.png (264 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
1465273423796.png
264 KB, 500x598
>>30224322 (OP)
>>30224380

Alright so I made fun of you the first time you posted and I'm going to do it again. Let's analyze this.

>>30224322 (OP)
>Turns out my background check got denied.

It might have. Just because the gun shop said that, doesn't make it so. As somebody who has worked at a gun shop before, I can tell you from experience that my co-workers, if they wanted to DEALER DENY someone, sometimes didn't want the argument. That means they would tell you that you were denied, (or delayed first, to get you out of the shop.) They were vague, they didn't explicitly state the FBI denied you. Which meant we denied you at the store.

>Which is weird because I just got a background check done by the city police department when I applied the past couple weeks.

What fucking state do you live in that you need more than one background check done, along with a waiting period? What? Give us more information about your cuckoldry please.

>>30224380
Denied denied... It was delayed at first then it got denied
Ah yes denied first then delayed. Tell me, how much muzzle sweeping did you do in the gun shop? I bet you made the clerk look down the barrel for twenty minutes and didn't even realize it.
>>
>>30229578
>I thought background checks were near-instant no?
they arent
its insta no if you are a felon but there are other reasons why it wont go through instantly at this point the feds have 3 days to approve or deny it if they dont say anything in 3 days congrats you passed
>Why did he tell me not to write down my SSN on form 4473?
its on the form with its own box its optional you can read
>Normal for the FFL dealer to just have my gun out of the box? Instead of handing me the box itself untouched?
ffls need to open the boxes to verify the serial outside matches the gun inside
>>
File: 1461549786618.gif (926 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
1461549786618.gif
926 KB, 600x350
>>30229796

well the thing is he didn't even start the background check.

He just told me he'll call right after I signed the form.

Whatever, as long as I get mah gun
>>
>>30229872
What?? You probably got dealer denied for being a fucking retard inside the gun shop, honestly.
>>
>>30229666

You are making the assumption that OP never paid for services (as most places will charge for their time in doing a 4473 and paperwork regardless of yea/nay, and for private transfers) or paid for the gun. To which, I would agree if they just said "delayed/denied" and no money exchanged hands that is shady as fuck and they were telling you to fuck off.

I am really mad myself though as I bought a gun from my buddies store (HE IS FFL) yesterday. In 10 years I have done maybe 40+ 4473s, 30 of which were at my buddies store at least, with no problems.

I havn't bought a gun in over a year. I get delayed. I even provided my CCW for the state form (which was renewed 8 months ago) although we are not a state that can bypass NICS with CCW.

Pisses me off. He thinks it has to do with the fact that I was at a program hosted by the state police for 4 months (roughly 5 months ago) and they did background checks weekly while we were enrolled.
>>
>>30229973
>most places will charge for their time in doing a 4473
Not at any fucking gun shop I have ever visited in my life. Are you guys living in the fucking U.K.? LOL

>4473 for private transfers
What the fuck??

>I have bought lots of guns before
Are you the fucking OP? Because the OP claimed in his first thread he had never bought a gun. If you are no the OP, why the fuck are you responding to me?
>>
>>30224563

>commiefornia
>>
>>30230029

I am not the OP, as I have stated "you are making the assumption that OP"

I wanted to share my own story as I am having issues now as well

Go to an FFL and try to do a 4473, they will charge you for their time.
>Order a gun online and have it delivered at FFL
>Transfer a gun

Many FFL don't charge if you buy a gun from them, but I know my buddy charges those that get denied for wasting his time.

There are states and places where private transfers require 4473s and require going to an FFL. They will obviously charge you for their time. Even in states where private transfers are acceptable person to person, I have used an FFL for some items as a matter of personal reasons. I felt shitty about the person buying from me, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't my problem. They wanted it, they were willing to do it, it worked out.
>>
IT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE ON 4CHAN TALKING OR OBSERVING THINGS ON HERE. WE ARE ON A LIST IN SOME DATABASE SOMEWHERE WHERE FUCKWITS THINK THEY ARE SAVING THE WORLD. DO A PRIVATE SELL AND LEAVE NOBPAPER TRAIL. FUCK THEM.
>>
>>30229666
1) went and paid for the gun, clerk puts the background check in and then tells me theres a delay that hell call me when he hears back. 2 days pass and they call telling me it was denied that id have to apply for an appeal. Which I did so now im waiting to hear back.

2) I applied to become an LEO (hence the first BGC i was cleared on) and now im waiting to apply again but in the meantime im trying to pick up a gun and practice at the range
>>
>>30230039
Ackchually Indiana
>>
>>30230202
God I can't imagine what fucked state you must live in. The irony is, as cucked as you are, they ass-backwardsly have you PAY FOR THE GUN you HAVE YET TO BE CLEARED TO OWN YET.

You got scammed, did they charge you a restocking fee?
>>
>>30229666
Also Satan I said denied denied because the guy I responded to asked if I got delayed or denied denied
>>
File: fixed.jpg (1 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
1 MB, 1936x2592
>>30230246
This guy owns a gun and you don't.
>>
>>30230228
Ok ok heres the scoop on my current situation

> pay for gun get BGC
> denied
> returned to get my money back for the gun -75 for BGC or restock whatever
> shop owner informed me if I get the ruling overturned I can go back with the paperwork and not only pick up the gun but will also have the 75 for in store credit either towards the gun or ammo/ accessories
> submitted my appeal
> waiting for response
>>
File: what.jpg (1 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
1 MB, 1936x2592
>>30230261
>>
File: 1465010282438.jpg (84 KB, 312x464) Image search: [Google]
1465010282438.jpg
84 KB, 312x464
>>30230269
I'm seriously cry laughing over here. You got fucked so hard.
>>
>>30230228

That is how it works..... ATF man. That is everywhere. The dealer portion of the 4473 has the serial number section for records keeping on all transactions. A 4473 is as much a background check on the individual as it is a checks/balances on dealer records.

Are you retarded or something. A NICS check is only part of a 4473.
>>
File: file-30.png (132 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
file-30.png
132 KB, 500x281
>>30230332
No dude, you're a cucked retard. This is how it works in my free state.

>hi i want to buy that gun
>ok fill out this 4473 and we'll submit it through nics
>you got approved, now give us your money

or

>ok, fill out this 4473 and we'll submit it through nics
>you got denied, go away

what happened in your case

>ok, give us your money
>now fill out this 4473 and we'll submit it through nics
>you got denied
>we're keeping a bunch of your money

ghahahahahahahah
>>
>>30230354

We were talking about delayed. Are we now talking about denied? They are two different things.
>>
>>30230368
Your whole thread is a train wreck of two different idiots replying to the wrong people. You are fucking stupid, and you are fucking DENIED. This is why you were denied, because you are unintelligent, too fucking stupid to get it right.

Thanks for the good chuckle retards. Man, some people.
>>
>>30230387

I am not even that person.
>>
>>30230417
That's what you think, which makes this whole disgraceful exchange more hilarious.
>>
>>30224380
>He had a common as shit name and didn't give his SSN.

FFL here. This happens ALL The Time.

You were denied once without your SSN attached because too many people share your name and birth state/state of residence/close birth year.
You have been semi-permanently marked as a NOGO by the initial agent doing the background check on you and will be denied indefinitely until you appeal because the denied initial BG check.

Hopefully you still live in a state where you actually can appeal the denial because it seems like they are stopping appeals too.
>>
File: 2016-06-10 14.41.15.png (2 MB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-10 14.41.15.png
2 MB, 960x1280
>>30230441
Nope hes not im right here
> gunless holster cash from gun
>>
>>30230504
Both of you are some low IQ mother fuckers, that's for sure.
>>
>>30230480
Anyways, they gave me a flyer on how to file for the appeal and now im just waiting for a response. The site said it could take up to five days. Notice how this was a legit conversation until this jackass showed up?
>>
>>30230540
Good. At least you can try appealing it.

Some people cant even do that because the FBI isn't even accepting appeals anymore. They are stuck and cant even exorcise their 2nd amendment right unless they go out and buy a gun after a denied brady BG check (illegal)

http://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/4acxle/i_got_a_nics_denial_that_i_can_prove_is_false_but/
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.