[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Class 3 Firearms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: NFA_Family.jpg (78 KB, 450x309) Image search: [Google]
NFA_Family.jpg
78 KB, 450x309
so /k/, whats your experience with class 3 weapons? heres my story:
>be me
>be running low on 9mm for my p226
>head out for a bullet run
>as i am making my purchase theres this kid that comes in that cant be older than 14
>he has the definition of hatred of his face, like he was about to explode with anger
>now keep in mind that this gun store always has an offhand employee to deal with rowdy kids who feel like they're about to be the next eric harris/dylan klebold.
>so that employee gets to work: "hey kid, you looking for something?"
>then the kid asked the same question that probably gets you sent home in a squad car, which it did for him
>"i would like to buy a class 3 gun"
>trapcardactivated.gif
>security is promptly called and removes the kid
>as i hold my ammo i wonder what did he mean by class
>get into a conversation with the cashier who just sold me the bullets, about how you can do special paperwork which allows you to own full auto guns and suppressors and cool stuff like that.
>prettyneat.jpg
>ask if i can have a look
>get shown 2 beautiful ar 15's, one with a masterkey attachment, and one with that classic m203 nade launcher
>VERYneat.png

i didnt do the paperwork back then(7 months ago) but now i did and got a suppressor with a nielsen device for my p226. i also modded my sights so they werent blocked by said suppressor.
>>
>>30220473
Bump
>>
>>30220473
google tax stamps, and go back to feddit
>>
>>30220473
Kill yourself, my man

Also this>>30221795
>>
>>30220473
>whats your experience with class 3 weapons?
MY EXPERIENCE IS THAT THE STAMP IS A POLL TAX

SHALL
OCCASIONALLY
BE
INFRINGED
>>
>>30221852
It's anything but, it was designed originally to make NFA items completely unfeasible to own for the average citizen since it would effectively double the cost of a Thompson SMG, bringing the total price in line with a Model T Ford.

Today, the stamp is about the price of the short barrel itself or a nice trigger job, price isn't a problem for the average citizen. The bureaucracy worked in our favor this time as the federal government never got off their ass and didn't keep the stamp price in line with inflation.
>>
>>30220473
>that image

That's not a short barrel shotgun.
>>
>>30221932
some lines cant be crossed
even the $5 aow stamp makes me feel icky inside for licking the fedboot
>>
>>30221952
Not defending it, just pointing out how we have it better than anyone before us since the law was passed since inflation makes the stamp more accessible every year that passes.
>>
>>30220473
Paying for for right to be ablee to earn certain items that are your right so government paid goons dont come get you
Founding fathers are rolling in their graves
>>
>>30222011
this, I'd say stop bitching about it before they go and fix it
>>
>>30222012
>>30222026
On one hand 200 bucks isn't bad. On the other, I have to pay that cost on each and every grenade or other explosive warhead I'd like to buy. So, nuts to the federal tyranny.
>>
>>30222026
41f significantly widened restored individual nfa rights though

>>30222170
Chalk rounds bro

>>30221934
it's assuming it used to have a stock and it was sawed off
>>
>>30222298
Chalk? Rounds?
>>
>>30222324
it looks like a grenade going off wherever it hits but you dont have to shell out for the boom boom tax for every single round
>>
>>30222298
except chalk was recently declared a DD by the alpahbet soup
>>
>>30221852
>confusing poll tax with regular tax
>ALL CAPS
>>
>>30222340
Well, that as the way it used to be.
Nowadays they are classed as DDs because it is minutely possible to reload them with a charge.
>>
File: 1453788347199.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1453788347199.png
29 KB, 633x758
>>30222358
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>30222376
Do you also feel ok paying a tax on political speech?
>>
>>30221932
The NFA was typically not enforced against normal citizens, it was just something they busted gangsters and poachers for when they used weapons that were commonly used by organized crime at the time. It wasn't until 1968 or so that the NFA came to apply to everyone, hence there were a series of amnesties to allow ordinary citizens to get their guns registered.
>>
File: last day to register.jpg (81 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
last day to register.jpg
81 KB, 640x640
>>
File: 1369889390058.jpg (57 KB, 426x498) Image search: [Google]
1369889390058.jpg
57 KB, 426x498
>>30220473
>attachment
>>
>>30220473
has anyone made their own trust? I'm wanting to get into Sbr's and Suppressors, but $600 seems a bit excessive to have a lawyer draw it up. I've heard Quicken has been used with success but i'm not sure the 2016 version has the option to create a revocable living trust.
>>
>>30220473
>>about how you can do special paperwork which allows you to own full auto guns and suppressors and cool stuff like that.
Well, no you can't. An SOT class 1 or 2 can.
The NFA (Title II) has its own definition of a firearm which includes, among other nuances and exceptions, Short Barrel Rifles, Short Barrel Shotguns, Machine Guns, Destructive Devices, Silencers, and Any Other Weapons.
Anyone, including juristic persons like trusts and corporations, can file a simple Form 1 Application to Manufacture a Firearm.
However in 1986 Senator Hughes poisoned the Firearm Owners Protection Act, or FOPA, with an amendment called 922(o). 922(o) banned the transfer of all machineguns, except to/from the federal government, to/from state/county/municipal governments, or any machinegun that was lawfully possessed on or prior to May 18, 1986. This is why it's possible to register things like vietnam/WWII/korea bringbacks. FOPA was the act responsible for repealing the 1968 GCA bans on things like online/mail order ammunition purchases and gun shows, which had been illegal as the GCA banned FFLs from engaging in business outside of the address listed on their FFL. FOPA is also known for its shit-tier attempt at protecting interstate firearm transport, but the cuck-tier language makes it all but useless.
In order to be a Class 2 SOT, you must be an FFL type 07. Once you have your SOT you can file an ATF Form 2, and make machine guns to your heart's content. If you ever lose your SOT, though, you have to get rid of all of your machine guns. You basically rent your own guns from the ATF for $500/year.
>>30222358
>>30222413
You're both idiots. Signaling devices, including flare launchers, are exempt as non-firearms unless they are in possession with non-signaling rounds. Chalk and other practice rounds are not signaling rounds.
If you own any non-signaling rounds, the signaling device loses its exemption and becomes an illegal unregistered DD.
>>30223027
see >>30204626
>>
>>30222170
Its not the money, its all the other bullshit that goes along with it.
>>
>>30223410
Yeah, fuck that constitutional revolt now, our parents and grandparents fucked up by not moving when they should have, the time for good nature and civic litigation gas long since passed.
>>
>>30223410
>Well, no you can't. An SOT class 1 or 2 can.
>...
>Anyone, including juristic persons like trusts and corporations, can file

Also your history is wrong, i count at least 4
>>
>>30220473
Everything about this post is homosexual
>>
>>30223027
I got mine done by a lawyer specializing in trusts. It cost me a few hundred but it was by a professional who specializes in trusts. I purchased 2 cans from silencer shop, one last see and one a few months ago. First is an AAC element 2, then the second was an illusion 9 also from AAC. I am excited and happy I got it in before the deadline.
>>
>>30223915
>one thing
>different thing
>CONTERDICTEREH
no

Only the government can form 1 a machinegun. SOTs form 2 machine guns.

Anyone can form 1 non-MG NFA firearms.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.