[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck were they thinking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: uspvariants.jpg (92 KB, 553x527) Image search: [Google]
uspvariants.jpg
92 KB, 553x527
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>30219598
They were probably thinking it costs them pennies to multiple one sku by 9 with small marginal changes that could mean the world to a vastly expanded market.

Stop being a fucking faggot and acting like you're more than momma's special boy.
>>
Maximum customization options equals maximum appeal.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 500x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 500x437
>>
File: 2eqasz7.jpg (279 KB, 848x970) Image search: [Google]
2eqasz7.jpg
279 KB, 848x970
>making a 9mm and .45 from a gun designed for .40

what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>30219598
It's not a huge issue because it was designed as a service pistol, and the assumption is that a variant would be chosen by a particular army/unit/police force and that one would be issued to every member. Full retard would only be mixing variants within the same unit.
>>
Oh look, this thread. Again.
>>
i never fired a usp but always found it weird that the lever goes safe, fire, decock
shouldnt decock be in the middle?
>>
>>30219638
I see it as a sign of insecurity, weakness, and pandering. Glock had the balls to stand behind their design principles and still achieved groundbreaking success with military and police sales.
>>
>>30220171
Do you want your pistol to be decocked right as you're trying to fire?
>>
>>30220253
well either way i want the hammer to drop so what's the big deal?
>>
File: glock_17_thumb_safety-tfb.jpg (183 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
glock_17_thumb_safety-tfb.jpg
183 KB, 900x675
>>30220240
>Glock had the balls to stand behind their design principles

This is the british army glock 17.
Notice anything?

Sticking to "the vision" 100% is not a reality when customer contracts have 99999 overlapping requirements.
>>
>>30220288
are you actually retarded
>>
>>30220440
>no counterargument
I'll wait.
>>
>>30220240
I see it as a sign of insecurity, weakness, and pandering.

Now let's look at pandering specifically shall we.are you saying that a manufacturer responding to the market is pandering and not at all a sound business model. Do you think gaston glock just forced his will into the minds of users? If that were the case, the only model on the market would be the gen1 g17.

As for the weakness and insecurity you wouldn't happen to own a lot of wicked jester clothing would you? Cause you sound like a thorin follower

>Glock had the balls to stand behind their design
Is that why they waited for everyone else to start trying new shit to prove concepts? Or why the best aspect of the glock is the aftermarket
>>
>>30220491
>well either way i want the hammer to drop so what's the big deal?

You're implying that the decocking lever will drop the hammer and fire the gun, which is already pants on head retarded.

Guns that have decocking levers have them because they're designed to be carried with the hammer cocked and safety on, so you want to have the decocking feature between safe and fire- meaning you're going to carry something with the hammer purposely cocked, and then decock it before firing so you have a double action trigger, then what's the fucking point

You're basically saying you want a car without a brake pedal and just have the car brake on its own once you get somewhere between 0 and 60
>>
>>30220491
So you want the DAO only version then, since the decocker isn't a thumb trigger
>>
>>30219598
Were is the variant with a 1913 rail?
>>
>>30219864
They were thinking right.

Mk23 in .45 came first anyway.
>>
>>30220611
You mean the P2000
>>
>>30219864
Well as a 9mm it will take hilarious amounts of abuse.

USP will take any barrel obstruction, even a stuck bullet, without KB. It will take a steady diet of +P+.

P30 is pretty much the same but a tad bit smaller and more ergonomic.
>>
>>30220171
It was done that way so in one basic model you can have a gun that can be used with the manual of arms of a traditional da/sa, such as a p226, or in the manner of a single action, such as a Hi Power or 1911.

With a 10 dollar plate that takes 2 minutes to swap out using a punch or your fingernail the decocker or safety can be disabled indepently of the other.
It's pretty clever how it works.
>>
File: custom glock.jpg (59 KB, 736x491) Image search: [Google]
custom glock.jpg
59 KB, 736x491
>>30220545
>Do you think gaston glock just forced his will into the minds of users?
Yes, that's exactly what design is. He (and Glock as a company since then) have stuck firmly to their core design principles, refusing to compromise, and the market shifted to accomodate them instead of the other way around.

What is the smith m&p, sigma 40, ruger american pistol, HK vp9?

>>30220545
>If that were the case, the only model on the market would be the gen1 g17.
It essentially is. The changes up to gen4 are entirely in line with the vision, and are trivial compared to the differences between any two of the above USP variants.

>>30220545
>Or why the best aspect of the glock is the aftermarket
Personally i think it's cancerous (pic related) but whatever floats your boat

I don't know who thorin is
>>
>>30219864
Design it for the most abusive of the three rounds (40 s&w) so it has a long service life for any chambering unlike many 9mms with 40s squeezed into them, I just don't see how that's a bad thing for a full size service pistol.
>>
>>30220763
Oh so you're just dense gotcha.

Well have fun with that and your lag behind favoritism
>>
So how do you guys fewl about the P30?
>>
>>30220807
>lag behind favoritism
When the only popular new handguns are glock clones, who was lagging behind?
>>
>>30220763
>Meanwhile at Glock HQ
Hey there's this faggot on /k/ that's way too butthurt that our design is time and time again proven to be one of if not the most reliable pistols in history, let's arbitrarily make something completely different because we have to make this one little bitch happy, who probably can't afford one of our guns anyway, and ruin our place in the market by doing a complete 180 away from the direction and design that has made us the number one most trusted name in the business and shake the faith in all of our contract clients and direct consumers.

Why do so many people here lack such a basic understanding of basic economy and marketing of manufactured goods.
>>
File: hk vp9.jpg (51 KB, 1200x846) Image search: [Google]
hk vp9.jpg
51 KB, 1200x846
>>30221303
>our design is time and time again proven to be one of if not the most reliable pistols in history, let's arbitrarily make something completely different
That's literally exactly the mk23 -> usp transition though. Actually, if you think that's bad, how could 9 times as much do any better?

>>30221303
>doing a complete 180 away from the direction and design
You strawmanned here because I didn't even suggest that - and they did it anyways. See pic related, 'advancing' to a striker-fired handgun with no manual safety and a safe action trigger. Hey ive seen one of those

>>30221303
>number one most trusted name in the business and shake the faith in all of our contract clients and direct consumers
Who dominates the law enforcement sidearm market in the US and how many control setup "variants" did they have to produce to get there?

Also adhom in place of argument
>>
>>30220763
>glock is the aftermarket
you're putting the cart before the horse you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>30220331
britbongs add a safety, thats cute
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.