[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will science ever come up with gunpowder that doesn't leave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 530x524) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 530x524
Will science ever come up with gunpowder that doesn't leave a black powder residue? I'm tired of trying to get my AR-15 white glove clean.
>>
>>30218834

Then don't get it white glove clean. It doesn't need to be that clean.
>>
>>30218834

If you want a gun that's easy to get white glove clean, get something besides an AR.
>>
>>30218834
Will science ever cure autism
>>
Get a sonic cleaner. Go to Amazon n get the largest jewelry cleaner, (they are cheaper than the ones specifically for guns), and toss that shit in there.
>>
If you're using noncorrosive powder, is there any point in cleaning the gun more than once every 1000 rounds? Under that can certainly have an effect on precision shooters, but I can't imagine the average user noticing a difference.
>>
>>30218834
I have never cleaned my AR15 and it still works fine
>>
>>30218928
nope. anything beyond occasionally reducing fouling buildup is pointless.
>>
>>30218834

I think you mean clean energy, no?

Matter, when heated and de-chained, just makes finer molecules of matter.

Either go pneumatic or wave/ray/nuclear. Or, you know, use a wrist rocket/bow and arrow.
>>
>>30218865
you are living proof it's incurable, trip.
>>
>>30218834

>white glove clean

but why
>>
>>30218847
I came here to say exactly this verbatim
>>
File: Colt Sporter.jpg (747 KB, 1944x1296) Image search: [Google]
Colt Sporter.jpg
747 KB, 1944x1296
>>30218834
>I'm tired of trying to get my AR-15 white glove clean.
Contrary to the "My dad works at Nintendo" tier stories about it in Vietnam, you don't need to clean the AR-15 to perfection all the time.

>>30218928
You could seriously go for an even higher roundcount than that with non-corrosive, just lube it a little every now and then and it'll run like a dream.

If you're really concerned, just give it a deep clean once a year, with just the occasional squirt of CLP and scrub.
>>
File: dirtyass.jpg (642 KB, 1586x1116) Image search: [Google]
dirtyass.jpg
642 KB, 1586x1116
I like the black on my white
>>
>>30218928
I've gone through 1500 rounds of cheap Barnaul ammo with only 12 or so quick spurts of lubricant.
>>
>>30220445
>>30220438
Armchair commandos don't give enough credit to just how much filth the AR-15 can handle.
>>
>>30218928
I was looking back over my barrel manufacturer's website and he basically says, "Don't clean the barrel until accuracy drops off or copper fouling occurs. Both will probably happen around the same time". Great advice, unless you're so shitty at shooting that you can't tell when accuracy drops off... not that I'm that bad or anything.
>>
>>30219016
This.
>>
>>30218847
But muh autism.
>>
>>30220438
cuck
>>
>>30218928
Wont the lubricant in barrel burn off after every outing and allow it to rust?
>>
>>30223609
The barrel is probably the last place to rust in an AR. Just buy some "baby waipes" soaked with clp and touch up and anything steel. Good to go.
>>
>>30218834

Carbon is natural lubrication for the firearm. Ever heard of graphite? This is why the AR never jams if built properly.
>>
>>30218834
If you use pure nitrocellulose as propellant there should be no residue, because it decomposes entirely into gaseous products. Of course, the cartridge would have to be primed with another compound which decomposes into gases. Erythritol Tetranitrate would be a good candidate.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.