[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Manual action pistol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9
File: 373687596.jpg (6 KB, 400x173) Image search: [Google]
373687596.jpg
6 KB, 400x173
Is there a way to manufacture a pistol such that it requires manual operation of the slide to chamber the next shot, and would be next to impossible to modify otherwise?

Apart from the side benefits of
>tiny increase in MV
>quieter operation with a can

This would mean that Britfags could legally own pistols in calibres other than .22 rimfire (revolvers are already allowed).

Is it actually harder/more expensive to make a pistol this way rather than the normal kind that cycles semi automatically?
>>
>>30218273
Remove the gas tube or whatever the hell is responsible for cycling rounds innapistol.
>>
There are single shots...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/12/chris-dumm/obscure-object-desire-magnum-research-lone-eagle/
>>
File: RemingtonXP-100.jpg (49 KB, 600x266) Image search: [Google]
RemingtonXP-100.jpg
49 KB, 600x266
Y-you mean like a bolt action pistol? Anon those have been out forever in the bullseye competition world...
>>
>>30218273
Commiefornia leave
>>
>>30218304
>obrez master race
>>
File: 395857880.jpg (72 KB, 758x374) Image search: [Google]
395857880.jpg
72 KB, 758x374
>>30218285
That would be great except for the fact that it could be easily restored (illegal) and would have been in an illegal configuration *before* being converted to a legal one (also illegal).

This is mostly a thought experiment, since I know that there do exist options for UK legal centrefire rifles
>straight pull bolt action
>lever action
>lever release action (trigger fires a round and ejects it but you have to press a lever on the side to chamber the next)
>trigger release (one trigger pull to fire and eject, the next to rechamber etc)

The last two may be a hard sell as pistols are already viewed as worse than sawn off shotguns under the law).

An obvious route would be one that fires, ejects and locks open the slide, requiring the slide release or slide itself to be operated to chamber the next round, but it must be made in such a way you can't 'cheat' by holding down the slide. For example with the lever release AR15s, if you hold down the lever and keep pressing the trigger you will break the delicate clockwork springs inside the gun.

>>30218287
Those are nice but usually in calibres that are hard to justify to police. 9mm and 5.56mm are about the limit of what most people can 'reasonably' get in the UK. Every calibre for every firearm (as opposed to shotgun) must be justified fully to police as to why you want them. Shooting paper isn't enough.

Pic related UK legal .357 magnum.
>>
File: pUvHSY9.jpg (190 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
pUvHSY9.jpg
190 KB, 900x900
>>30218285
>pistol
>gas tube
>>
File: 395857882.jpg (92 KB, 1000x386) Image search: [Google]
395857882.jpg
92 KB, 1000x386
>>30218304
Wasn't that in one of the James Bond movies? Basically as long as the barrel is 12" (including permanently attached suppressor if you like) and OAL is over 24" AND you can justify the calibre, it should be okay.

Still I was looking for something repeating. Mare's legs are legal btw, stock or not since they meet the length requirements. They aren't very 'pistolly' though.
>>
File: lbp_03.jpg (77 KB, 696x256) Image search: [Google]
lbp_03.jpg
77 KB, 696x256
>>30218326
No no you're thinking of the place where guns have to have silly grips and bullet buttons. I'm talking about the place where anything other than a 40" OAL 24" barrel max 2+1 shotgun has to have weird operation mechanisms and/or a wire sticking out of the back and is harder to get than and NFA weapon in the states.

Compared to Cali, there is no restriction on magazines of any type, but barrels and pressure bearing parts are all controlled.

Learn your shitty political landmasses :P

>>30218351
Yeah that seemed odd to me too (barring the Desert Eagle). Don't .22lrs just run off straight blowback anyway? As in there ARE no gas parts at all?

Pic is a UK legal 'pistol' in .22 rimfire. I'm thinking something like that but in .45ACP with manual cocking ONLY, because that's the only kind of centrefire repeater allowed apart from shotguns.
>>
>>30218285
No no no, you want to remove the Bolt Carrier.

Gas tubes are for shotguns.
>>
>>30218273
Revolvers are allowed in the UK?

That's a pretty okay deal, I think.
>>
>>30218402
>Don't .22lrs just run off straight blowback anyway? As in there ARE no gas parts at all?
The Deagle brand Deagle is the only pistol I can think of that uses a proper gas system.
>>
>>30218445

HK P7, albeit not a traditional gas system, gas delayed blowback.
>>
File: saiga410_AKM.jpg (32 KB, 635x167) Image search: [Google]
saiga410_AKM.jpg
32 KB, 635x167
Aha, here's the video I was looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-oCbZ4njiE&channel=UCKxJxJxwJf-r4rhA5rz9F5Q

see how the action ONLY extracts and ejects? Then you pull the trigger again to rechamber. Its a bit of a loophole in the law but its UK legal, along with 12" barrel and whatever size magazine you wanted to put on it.

In California, would this be considered 'semi auto' or 'manual action' like it is here? Its kind of a 'quarter automatic' and if the second one there might be a Cali market for it (apart from the magazines of course).

People in the UK can buy this for a true semi auto experience (note the mandated fucklong barrel though because its a shotgun) and of course you need a separate licence exemption to hold slugs and that number is limited on your Firearms Certificate.
>>
File: Ruger 10-22 mini rifle.jpg (19 KB, 375x150) Image search: [Google]
Ruger 10-22 mini rifle.jpg
19 KB, 375x150
>>30218420
Check my pictures. Either they must have a HUGE (think 20") barrel like something out of Batman, or they must have a 12" barrel and permanently attached wire sticking out the back.

At that point I'd probably go for a short barrel revolver carbine with stock desu. Not that I'll be getting an FAC for a while, rented accommodation I'm in frowns in permanent alterations to the property such as drilling holes in the floor and walls to attach the mandatory firearms/shotgun safe.

BTW, I saw pics of these in UK firearms magazines before the Ruger charger was widely advertised in US websites. Perhaps it was the inspiration?

16" barrel and that little stub on the grip keeps it JUST over legal length requirements.
>>
File: Rimfire Magic Revolution.jpg (12 KB, 450x197) Image search: [Google]
Rimfire Magic Revolution.jpg
12 KB, 450x197
This one is right up against the min length requirements too. Note that if there was a silencer/suppressor/can permanently attached then the actual barrel could be even shorter.

Also, suppressors count as a 'firearm' here, so you need good reason (health and safety or consideration to neighbours are considered 'acceptable' btw) to own each one. Since they take up a slot on your Firearms Certificate (max 10 slots) its better to get an integral one because then they don't legally count as anything, just part of your rifle.
>>
>>30218452
Walther CCP and Steyr GB also use the same system as the P7
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.