[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/. Here's the deal. I want to get an AR15 here in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: main.jpg (127 KB, 825x730) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
127 KB, 825x730
Sup /k/.

Here's the deal.

I want to get an AR15 here in Switzerland so that I can compare it with a stock SIG 550 at 300 meter shooting.

I will do the so called "Steiner Stich", which means shooting 2 rounds that don't count to the score, 5 rounds which count and then 3 rounds where the score isn't immediately shown.

The points go from 0 to 10 depending on how close to the center of the target you hit.

Can this be done with a stock Ruger AR556 or should I get something to add to the rifle?

In order to be at least at the same level of the Stgw 90 I would need:

>bipod
>iron sights
>two stage trigger

Can I beat a Stgw 90 by installing these things on a normal Ruger AR556?
>>
Why not just get a Sig?
>>
>>30217982
I've heard the rugers are pretty solid rifles. I don't have enough experience with the stgw90 to know it's capabilities though
>>
>>30217982

I would also suggest a free float of some kind so pressure on the hand guards from the bipod doesn't throw off the point of aim.
>>
>>30217982
>paying that much for proprietary parts and base ar from ruger.

If youre going to jump through hoops to get why not some local yuro ar company or an old ass colt or armalite whatever you yuros have over there .
>>
>>30217982
What's the price of the ruger in Switzerland ?
Also what's the diameter of the target ?
>>
The AR556 is a BUDGET AR. If you want an unbiased test between two military rifles, you'd buy a Colt LE6920 and would shoot both guns supported on a sandbag, no bipod. You'd also have to use the same ammo, but since the Stg90 has a slower barrel twist, it wouldn't stabilize the heavier ammo the Colt likes.
You having an experience with one and none with the other would also add some more bias, it's better to let someone who has never shot either, or never shot a gun at all even, do it.

Personally, I used to have a PE90, I sold it for a Sig M400 SRP (he most basic model of Sig USA' AR line) and I don't really see any difference in accuracy or reliability or anything. I do feel the AR is much lighter and maneuvrable though.
>>
>>30217982
Why not get a quality AR instead?
LMT should be available for you if you don't want to build your own.
>>
>>30221493

>People still unironically recommending the Colt 6920

Enjoy your $200 overpriced rifle because of horsey rollmark.
>>
>>30221534
He is trying to compare a military issue rifle to a civilian one. Fact is, the Colt 6920 is the closest thing to a M4 carbine, so it'd be the best gun to use for such a test.
Also do note that in Europe it is impossible to build our own AR's. We don't have access to popular brands such as BCM, DD, LMT, Noveske either. There are some Colts, although rare, otherwise you have to choose between Sig, Stag arms, Windham Weaponry, S&W, Bushmaster and DPMS for American AR's, and they are all overpriced as fuck, typically two times more expensive than the price you get in the US. Then there are the German AR's, but that's another story and they are even more expensive.
>>
>>30221602
I don't know which country you are in, but we have Brownells fr here that's the closest you can have to burgerland offer in after-market parts for ARs.
although I never bought regulated parts on this site like a bolt carrier or barrel or magazine. Prices are still fucked up.
I think I am going for Windham Weaponry for my next weapon.
>>
File: 1425337918924.jpg (2 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
1425337918924.jpg
2 MB, 3872x2592
>>30221602
>impossible
No its just a hassle to do it.
Stores sell AR parts atleast here in sweden.

http://gprifle.se/vapendelar

import parts from gprifle with the right paper work
or but it streight away
http://gprifle.se/vapen/gevar

hope it helped
>>
I applaud our efforts OP, but just comparing a single rifle from each make is not a great method.

Say you shoot both and the 550 does poorly compared to the 15. Does that mean that all 550's shoot that badly, or did you just get a lemon.

Say the 15 shoots about the same as the 550. Does that mean all AR15s are just as accurate, or did you get a very accurate 15.

It's a sample size of 1, which isn't that good.
>>
>>30217982
As a Swiss citizen, are you allowed to modify your Conscription rifle? Are you allowed to handload ammunition If so, you could upgrade your barrel for better accuracy, and start handloading.

(I have absolutely no idea what Swizz Laws entail, or what a gunsmith would be willing to do for you.)
>>
>>30221602
How do you have access to WW and DPMS products, but not BCM, DD or Noveske? Do these manufacturers not export their goods outside of North America or does your government not allow them?
>>
>>30221921
A lot of US manufacturers don't bother to export their goods to europe. It's a pain in the ass : very little market, huge import taxes, export ban (license required), major parts of firearms are classified as firearms themselves, so we have to get some papers to buy them.
I saw ONE M16 (from Luxembourg) at the range since I shoot (5 years), there are 500 members at my club : no ARs. AKs are less than 800 euros, easy to get, surplus ammo is cheap as dirt, don't have to reload.
people are going crazy for pump action shotguns and AKs and that's all.
But I want a FUCKING AR and I will get one. Windham weaponry as one with BCM parts, CMC trigger, I have a boner for it. Soon, soon...
>>
File: 1371277607002.jpg (507 KB, 2200x1650) Image search: [Google]
1371277607002.jpg
507 KB, 2200x1650
>>30222022
OP Buy here
gprifle.se/vapen/gevar switch to eng language and read
http://gprifle.se/Villkor.html
You can buy a rifle in another country if its hard to find in yours you just have to be inside of EU
>>
>>30222060
I am not OP, but thank you for the link, I'll keep it. I can get ARs in France, just waiting for papers... and money.
With a Comp M4s it will be something like 3Keuros and I need 400 more for ammo.
To be honest I have a long range rifle for about this price too.
Reload rig plus supplies around 1.5K because I cannot buy more than a thousand round per year. This is what I shoot in 4 months in .22lr

Oh and what I love about sellers in the US ? The care they put through their activity and the relationship with customers, veeery nice, even for small commands, you send an email, you have an answer the day after or in the week.
In this shithole they don't bother to answer you for half of them.
>>
>>30222022
Haven't seen many AK's and 7,62 ammo around in gun shops since the embargo on Russia... And when you do find those, the price has skyrocketed.
>>
>>30222022
Good choice. My current AR is a Windham Weaponry. All the important parts are chrome lined and all the steel is up to Mil-Spec standards. BCGs are MPI and HP tested and given an M4 finish. Barrels are only batch tested, but they are inspected at the factory. My only recommendation is to try to find one with a 1:7 twist 14.5" barrel. I honestly wouldn't bother buying BCM parts other than a free-float rail and furniture to upgrade the WW because the difference in performance, from my experience is negligible. I swap out my WW upper with a BCM 16" complete upper from time to time and I can't appreciate any difference.
>>
>>30222489
Had a WW 14.5
It was a great shooter
>>
>>30217982
nothing wrong with the ruger ar but not an ar i would recommend unless youre on a budget.
just get a colt and dont look back
>>
File: 1340780889962.jpg (2 MB, 3489x2316) Image search: [Google]
1340780889962.jpg
2 MB, 3489x2316
>>30217982
>RUGER
absolutely haram
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.