[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheap .22lr pistol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Smith-Wesson-Victory-WEB-13.jpg (213 KB, 1200x855) Image search: [Google]
Smith-Wesson-Victory-WEB-13.jpg
213 KB, 1200x855
I'm looking for a cheap-ish .22lr pistol for plinking and would like some info on what's out there. There are just too many choices. What do you have? Do you recommend it? Pic somewhat related.
>>
File: IMG_20150730_121901086.jpg (2 MB, 3002x2251) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150730_121901086.jpg
2 MB, 3002x2251
>>30217931
I have a ruger mark 3 target in stainless, but it wasn't exactly cheap at $488
>>
>>30217931
.22 is annoying to own. just buy a 9mm and get it over with. they're cheap.
>>
Gsg 1911 in 22, Also re-branded as the sig 1911.
It has some issues with the finish, namly it's garbage and they put it on the slide rail and feeding ramp, the fucks.

But if you take a razor to it you'll get a top notch trigger, a threaded barrel, a actual 1911 and a dam good gun..

For about 250 in total. Also, you can get a different follower to get 15 rounds in. I like it so much i actually carry the thing.
>>
I have a Ruger Mk 3 hunter, if given the choice I'd probably swap it out for the Victory as the hunter model is overly heavy and a pain to break down for cleaning.
>>
>>30217931
I have a SW22 Victory, it's a fun gun. VQ makes barrels, if you want to get into competitive shooting, too.
>>
>>30218575
I was planning to get the hunter until I held one, which is why I got the target >>30218370, less weight, less cash, same accuracy
>>
>>30218482
>For about 250 in total.
I haven't even seen any for that little used.
>>
>>30219234
Check buds>>30219234
>>
>>30218382
.22 are the best gun to plink. I have 2 9mms and i still love my .22lr.

By the way OP rough rider makes some fun little cheap .22 revolvers. Theyre said to have some problems but ive never had any issues with mine.
>>
>>30219341
Oh nice. Any more of you have experience with these GSG guns?

I'm not really interested in competitive shooting, and I don't have time. I don't own any 1911s but I like how they feel in my hand so I'm really interested in that gun, especially with the threaded barrel.
>>
browning buckmark

if you're just plinking, any of them will do

if you're target shooting, get one with the rubber grips. the wooden-gripped models are too slippery unless you wear gloves
>>
>>30217931
OP, your pic related is a great place to start. Heard nothing but good things about it
>>
File: M&P 22.jpg (38 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
M&P 22.jpg
38 KB, 640x480
>>30217931
M&P 22 Pistol?
>>
>>30219561
Lotsa info on it on the web. People with some love turn them into race gun's.

For me it's just a way to carry and use a gun i can shoot thousands of rounds through for nothing. And part ways with if i have to use.

The body is zinc aluminum alloy. You can rack the slide with one hand. Virtually identical to the 1911 and the threaded barrel can take most 22 cans.

It's got a goooood warrenty on it to boot. Feels just a hair lighter then a 1911. You will have to put some love into it though.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.