[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PR Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 19
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
This is a great game for you realism fags and definitely not for cod fags. My favorite game at least until squad has more nations. Tell me your PR stories if you have any.
>>
>>30217125
I've only ever played the arma series in vanilla and in ACE mod mode, how does it compare?
>>
>>30218424
Not him,but Project Reality fan for 5 years here. Compared to ACE, it doesn't have the same level of detail, or the cool bit about radios, but the teamplay and immersion is amazing, it's very streamlined and you have quite a few factions and players. It's also a lot easier to play a quick game and there's a great community.
>>
>>30217125
>/v/
>>
Two funny things happened a few nights ago on Ramiel. I put an RPG through a blackhawk, but it didn't actually hit the chopper. Instead it hit a guy in the head, which killed him, and threw his corpse out the opposite side of the chopper.

The second thing that happened that same round was equally funny. Shot a three or five round burst out of an HMG techie at a chopper that was flying low and straight for me. The burst killed the pilot and it careened into the chopper next to it, killing everyone and getting the pilot banned for excessive teamkilling.
>>
>>30218461
oh cool, i might pick it up, but for now i'm gonna stick with ACE
>>
>>30217125
Absolute best free game I ever downloaded.
>>
>>30218520
Project Reality is free, forgot to mention that part.
>>
File: 1454566496409.gif (1 MB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
1454566496409.gif
1 MB, 659x609
>>30217125
vietnam maps is best maps
>>
the arma series is clunky as fuck and runs like ass on even the most beastly rig.

PR and squad are superior IMO
>>
>>30218465
that's exactly what happened to me a few months back. I was gunning on the chopper and got hit in the face with an RPG. Heli was fine while I was pulverized. Shit was confusing for the pilots and myself.
>>
>>30217125
best game ever created got 1000h+ on it
>>
>can barely set it up
>finally get in
>dead
>gameplay is shit
>>
>>30221502
you went rambo and got zipped by enemy fire each time, didn't you.
>>
>>30218463
kys
>>
>>30221502
u need like 1-100 hours to learn this game completley depending on your lvl of retardation . After that its just insane fun and u will never play something else
>>
>>30221527
actually its more like 50-100h
>>
I just tried playing this a few days ago, I kept on getting a critical error on launch. After extracting the .iso, then installing the game and searching for the right launcher things still didn't work. Oh well guess I'll just stick to squad
>>
>>30217125
>>30221293
>>30221518

>>>/v/
>>>/vg/

Fucking shits
>>
>>30221513
I spent two days trying to figure out why it was crashing then had to drag an old monitor out of storage because mine did not support the resolution it needed to play at.

Then I got on and it was dead wonk city.
>>
Been playing pr for almost as long as its been out.
>>
I haven't played in years, is this thread real life
>insurgency
>be insurgent
>kit with SKS, IED and nades
>fucking anything happens
>fuck yeah down with the infidels
>allahu akbar spammed in chat
Do people still play?
>>
>>30217125
>play INS
>everything has ironsights
>get oneshot from miles away by M16's with optics

>get sapper kit
>place IEDs
>teammates run over them all the time
>get banned for TK

djee wiz, fun game OP
>>
File: jihadnchill.jpg (103 KB, 501x597) Image search: [Google]
jihadnchill.jpg
103 KB, 501x597
>>30221261
nah, they're not that great except for charlie's point. map makers need to get to work on that.

>>30221819
yes, it's more populated now that it's a free standalone.
>>
OP Here. Loving all your feed back. I would share my stories but its hard on a phone. Maybe tomorrow lads. Have fun on the best free milsim game out there. Goodnight
>>
File: 1432048430378.png (236 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1432048430378.png
236 KB, 640x480
>>30224780
I'm in the Kony video
>>
>>30221261
I always have problems with Charlie's Point, can't see jack with all the wood except as a Sniper when I use the scope into use
>>
>>30221502
Read the field manual and follow your squad leader's instructions fagit. Create an offline account and fight the bots at 80-90 didficulty, itmll help you memorize the controls and what to do. It took me less than two days to get used to it
>>
>>30221654
>Dead
The fuck you smoking? There's a shit ton of dedicated servers online both PVP and COOP
>>
Been playing since version 0.7, it still holds up.

If you have a good squad its easily the most fun and rewarding milsim you can play and the game engine is over a decade old.

I've had some good fun in Squad too, hope it continues to develop into greater scale warfare.

too many good stories to count, maybe blowing up BlueDrake's entire squad with an IED was my most noteworthy.
>>
reposting own story from couple days ago

>playing insurgents on Op. Marlin (the French v. Hezbollah one)
>get separated from squad due to deaths, end up on other side of city on top of a building overlooking the highway bridge, plinking at blue helmets with muh Enfield,
>see movement far away under bridge
>pull out binoculars
>full French squad walking away from me, towards the city center
>squint hard and take a couple of shots
>one of them drops
>his squadmates take cover in the lee of an embankment and start popping smoke to cover the medic
>check map, notice squadmate is a block away from the bridge
>talk him over to the edge of the embankment and tell him to throw grenades northeast
>tfw entire enemy squad killed through teamwork
>>
I haven't played it in months, but I've never really had a bad experience playing PR

Besides those times when all you do is set up a FOB and wait until the round is over or tanks/air skullfuck you because your SL was told to defend.
>>
File: 12234586574.png (436 KB, 612x521) Image search: [Google]
12234586574.png
436 KB, 612x521
>set up FOB
>everyone is cheery
>everything is going hunky dorey
>squad leader decides we need to move to a new location
>"hey I need an APC for my squad over here"
>APC rumbles up
>"thanks man let's get going"
>rumble rumble rumble in a straight line
>"hey I just heard something about TOWs here, watc-"
>fffffffFFFFFFFFFFF
>mfw
>You are dead.
>>
>>30217125
Hey I was on Vet gaming coop earleir

Fuck the 6B3M
>>
>>30217125
>Tell me your PR stories if you have any.

I got some shitlord 11Bitch kicked out of the Army for beating the shit out of a local.

Supposedly the farmer was known for molesting the little kids in the village but I don't care.
>>
File: 1402604063895.jpg (168 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1402604063895.jpg
168 KB, 600x400
>tfw playing insurgency and just sending squad mates to go find retards who spawn on hidden caches
>send squad to kill hidden cache
>start guessing basic spots
>those delicious insurgent tears of ghosting

fucking amazing feels. only beaten by completely fucking destroying a clan stack.
>>
>playing famous Vietnam map
>the one regarding the movie about Scots taking back there homeland but in Vietnam with rifles
>Americans keep setting up fob in the open field
>be sneaky gook with RPG
>fire an RPG at the fob, spook them all, they start firing wildly back at the rocket trail with hmgs and all sorts of weaponry
>quiets down
>wait ten seconds
>fire another RPG
>run away and get a teammate to drop ammo
>rinse, relocate, repeat
>>
>>30217125
Standalone was a mistake

The average quality of players has fallen significantly. You used to have about 150 skilled people who would turn every match into a bloodbath. Now you have a bunch of retards crashing helicopters
>>
>>30221261
>vietnam maps is best maps
fuck la deng that map is ass
>>
The problem with PR besides getting in a server at peak hours is that if you're not in a good squad you're going to have a bad time. Otherwise some of my best non-scripted gaming moments come from PR.
This was on a public server.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8f40QUYCq8

I hope squad eventually grows to what PR is today. PR is really pushing the limits of the BF2 engine.
>>
>>30225376
>>30225405
Soc nom!
>>
>>30225454
SAKNAM
A
K
N
A
M
>>
File: 1414261965274.jpg (129 KB, 1203x1447) Image search: [Google]
1414261965274.jpg
129 KB, 1203x1447
>>30225527
>>
File: chubby bunny.png (494 KB, 687x716) Image search: [Google]
chubby bunny.png
494 KB, 687x716
>>30225307
>coop
>>
File: feel ss.jpg (147 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
feel ss.jpg
147 KB, 800x900
>>30224937
>blowing up BlueDrake's entire squad with an IED
You have done your nation a great service, soldier.
>>
File: Feed+me+Chechens.jpg (56 KB, 500x392) Image search: [Google]
Feed+me+Chechens.jpg
56 KB, 500x392
>>30225435
>if you're not in a good squad you're going to have a bad time

This x1000.

PR is probably the only game I have ever played which has an extremely high level of teamwork on pub servers. The really shit thing about ARMA was that you needed to play on full autist servers and play in clans to get any kind of meaningful teamwork. That and you had to juggle hundreds of mods, ARMA pub servers are just Wasteland type games which are awful.

However, if you don't get a good squad, PR quickly turns into a really shit game. This happens mainly at peak times since most squads are full. Usually the other squads are filled with the leftovers who don't do shit. One time I got berated by a guy when I joined the squad, tried to organise them and get them to work together.

Dropping into a good squad, tagging along as a rifleman and working with complete randoms is extremely comfy.
>>
I have experienced spiritual operator moments in PR

nothing comes close
>>
>>30227817
*except darkest hour
>>
File: 1418089040938.jpg (14 KB, 183x262) Image search: [Google]
1418089040938.jpg
14 KB, 183x262
>be militia on fools road
>running innawoods with squaddie
>pull out smoke grenade
>start spamming SHOSHKAAA
>'m8 can you not i'm trying to quit smoking'
>kek

Also

>rolling through karbala with your squad in jihadi shitbox
>based qom nasheed blasting
>everyone shouting allahu akbar over voip
>celebratory gunfire intensifies
>>
OHH YEEAAAH BRO LEMME LOOK REAL GOOD AT MY MAG BEFORE I CAREFULLY PUT IT INTO MY RIFLE
SHIIT BRO YOU ENJOYING THAT RPG RELAOD ANIMATION EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME YOU PULL THAT THING OUT?
>>
>>30225247
OP Here nice story, enjoying all the things my fellow /k/omerads are saying. I hope this game will live forever. Hell, its free so it will always be more popular than squad, until its complete.
>>
>whole team defending hill on Silent Eagle
>me and SL pick up Puma w/ ATGMs
>team says there is a tank S of hill, we set up to the W
>See tank across the hill, 1 tank down
>See another tank, misclick and turn off Thermals, randomly shoot ATGM into the trees. Second tank down
>Friendly APC to our NW is taken down by nme tank
>Move W to try and flank
>Tank is 50 m to our NE
>ATGM misses, tank hits us once
>Fire another missile, tank down

Team still losses but 1 Puma for 3 t-90s isnt a bad deal
>>
OP Here, nice comments everyone! I play on Free Candy Van or HOG mixed maps. I never play coop, only deployment. I also always choose the insurgents on insurgency, its more of a challenge plus Soviet equipment and glorious AKM'S. I'm actually going to play right now. Have fun!
>>
>>30227879
Sand people maps are the best

Any of you guys in a steam group or something? Need to find more guys with mics to play with.
>>
>>30228820
If you want to have a good time get sone of your friends together. Dont join a random group since nost people are retarded.
>>
>>30228820
I just join pubbies in game. It used to work a lot better, but later on there stopped being as many competent players who were in pub squads.
>>
I'm going on PREC Gaming reality on Fallujah West if you wanna join. Click deployment and choose PREC Gaming Reality on Fallujah West Godspeed. /k/omerads
>>
>>30217125
>Squad is flanking a Russian hill through thick vegetation
>I'm on point
>Get to a clearing
> Russian MBT 5m in front of me
>Shit my pants and hit the deck

Me: "Holy shit there's tank right in front of us"
SL: "Roger"

>crawl towards it with a stick of C4

SL: "Holy shit it's literally right in from of us"
Me: "I know I'm putting C4 on it"

>C4 explodes
>Tank RTBs
>feelsgood.png

We storm the hill kill some Russians but lose the game.
>>
>>30229264
You remind me of a guy in my squad who once ran into a squad of Germans walking next to an IFV on Dovre as a Russian, and nodded at them and they let him get close and stick it with a C4. He even managed to run off without them realizing he wasn't German.
>>
>>30217125

> be me, playing as Chinese against Russians on Black Gold
>spawn near oil refinery and see a shit ton of assets up on the hill to the east in the M column where Russians always build a super fob
>have combat engineer kit and say fuck it, cas spawns in ten minutes (yes, i am a cas whore)
>proceed to move up a gully to the base of the TOW
>two russians walk by me on the other side of the gully
>luckily the enemy SL pops smoke to cover the TOW which gives me cover for my advance. >TOW must of been tunnel visioned on oil refinery because he didn't see me
>sneak up to the TOW and put a small C4 stick on the TOW operator.
>laughs.jpg
>proceed to do the same to the .50 cal gunner
>and the AA manpad operator
>laughingharder.jpg
>move to the foxhole where half the squad+ the SL is located
>in the smoke and confusion of the TOW and .50 cal exploading I pull out the big stick of C4 while prone and place it in the middle of the foxhole while half a squad is standing around me
>laughinghysterically.jpg
>proceed to the fob where i put the last C4 stick on the fob
>get killed by someone spawning in
>the big C4 stick goes off, killing the people in the foxhole
>the nigger that killed me is standing over me, picks up my kit to see what I had
>boom.jpg
>last c4 stick on the fob gets him

>but behold
>I hear the sound of a revive
>and another revive
>WTF.jpg
>they all get revived
>i only get 3 kills
>such is PR
>>
>>30229362
Fuck that shit dude, I remember the new update where the russians get new forest camo on Saaremaa. Followed a Russian squad for a good 5 minutes before I realized they were enemy.
>>
>>30224937
Were you the one who teamkilled the entire team with the dump truck VIED on the African map?
>>
File: 4653653652654.png (527 KB, 540x568) Image search: [Google]
4653653652654.png
527 KB, 540x568
>Playing as handheld AA in fighter jet squad
>SL puts a mark on your position and dives when pursued to get the enemy bogey in your sights

Got two in a row the other day doing this
>>
>>30230361
Good times, this is from the day 1.3 (standalone) came out.
>Hades Peak
>shoot two dutch guys in trenches
>run out of ammo in my AK-74
>Dutch guy runs up to me
>Move my mouse up and down to nod at him respectfully
>he nods back at me
>he turns around
>I affix my glorious bayonet and insert it into his back
>>
>Run around on Fallujah as Insurgents
>Entire squad is playing as Medic
>6 people of the squad drop their kit and go civilian
>The other 2 are armed with skorpions
>The best part: The medic skin looks like the civilian skill
>We all take out binoculars
>We all look like civilians
>Private Johnny of the United States Marine Corps sees a cluster of civilians with binoculars
>Dreams of dem medals and muh promotions for capturing all these civilians
>Runs up
>Pulls out restrains
>Goes to restrain one of the civilians
>Little did he know, of the two wolves in sheep's clothing
>Private Johnny thought he was getting civilian restrain points
>But instead got lit the fuck up by 2 skorpions

Fucking Binocular Squad is fun as fuck if you can find a group of people to willingly do it.
>>
>>30230891
Too bad you can't do it anymore with the new update. They brought back rocks though.
>>
>Be driver of APC
>Civi right across the street
>Get out and shoot a couple of rounds at him
>Civi crosses the street and tries to punch me
>Request a breacher kit off the APC
>Civi runs in terror as I shoot him it the back with buckshot
>>
>>30229362
>>30230361
Pro-tip: on the maps where camo on both sides are indistinguishable you can rambo for several hours straight without dying and fuck up the entire opposing team.
>>
>>30230977
Eh, don't find ramboing any fun unless I'm in a CAS/Trans squad that let's you fuck around.
>>
>>30217125
GTFO BSS FASCIST
>>
>>30231262
Black Sands Studios is kill.
>>
>>30228708
>I play on Free Candy Van or HOG mixed maps
>FCV
>>
>>30230361
Played my first game on that map last night on my first life I walked straight into the middle of a Russian squad I had no idea what the camos looked like and they were so surprised no one fired for like a minute
>>
File: spg.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
spg.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>tfw murdering an entire squad with based SPG techie
>>
>>30225262
I don't know man, I even kinda like just dicking about at the fob sometimes because the waiting for an encounter just puts me on edge.

What I don't like, though, is the constant server crashing, dumbfuck SL's with no mics or with bad ideas, and the squad locking fuckheads who make a 4 man infantry team and do nothing the whole round. I can't stand joining a game and having no infantry squads to join because they are locked.
>>
File: 1465355441130.jpg (505 KB, 1207x1644) Image search: [Google]
1465355441130.jpg
505 KB, 1207x1644
>Saaremaa
>1.0
>whole squad boats in as Russia
>walk up on the second US cap
>noresistance.jpg
>squad lies down and goes quiet
>entire US team arrives
>enemy inf 10 feet away
>stop the cap for a good 10min
>US team complaining that the server is bugged
>Kek.svg
>even admins are fooled
>finally rookie player cracks
>lights up enemy rifleman point blank
>get lit up by the entire enemy team
>die while laughing like a maniac
>15 people had left the server
>we win the game
>epic shit talking in post game chat

Great success!
>>
>>30231326
FCV used to be based.
Then it sucked
Then it was ok
Now its good.
>>
Talk to me about Squad guys. I wanna habeeb and you're talking all the shit that made me love PR and keep playing insurgency when i find time, but my shekels are precious to me and time limited. What kind of jump in and have fun time limits does squad have? Give me some stories to compare to PR and Ins shenanigans.

Or should I just fuckin reinstall PR?
>>
>>30231782
reinstall PR, I'm downloading it now.
I could always use another PTSD simulator.
Btw, some good ones:
ArmA 2
ArmA 3
RO2
Rust
>>
>>30231782
It's not that great... yet. Compared to PR no one fucking medics each other in Squad, and it's pretty run and gun. I hope that changes, especially once they add vehicles and it really gets fun.
>>
OP Again, time for one of my stories

>Playing Insurgency
>Get on the Insurgent team
>feelsgood.feelsgood
>There are 4 squads
>1)Based Inf
>2)ALLAH AKBAR
>3)ISIS
>And last but not least, the civi troll squad
>A full squad dedicated to being civis
>mfw a troll squad won the game because Blufor kept killing all the civies
>>
>>30232764
:^)
>>
>>30231747
Nice! I wish there were more times like that, I have an insurgency story like that

>Playing on Fallujah West
>Me and another guy got isolated because the rest of our squad were stupid and ran out of cover when we KNEW there was a AR right there
>wtf.jpg.fuck
>So we basically became Isolated enemy infantry.
>We just sat in the hospital at the bottom of the map
>We would switch off, one would watch the door, other would shoot
>We took the, "Shoot once and relocate" strategy
>We would see infantry and took a shot and would change floors, and window (with pauses in-between
>We thought we were smart, and we were, until brawn caught up
>They sent the APC to camp Hospital because we killed one squad literally twice
>We ran to the basement
>theycantfindus.APC
>We wait for what seemed like forever
>We go back to the windows to shoot
>Whole squad build FOB in basement
>All of them had shovels, nobody watching for enemies
>We open fire, just mag dumping our SKS's into them
>When the gunfire seizes, we check it out, one poor guy dropped his kit when he shit himself
>He goes to pick up a kit but my comrade drops him
>howthefuckdidwedothat.lol
>We go to tell squad leader but he kicked us
>mfw he kicked us for not listening to him even though his mic wasn't working and nobody heard him
>>
File: c0n5u.jpg (64 KB, 538x482) Image search: [Google]
c0n5u.jpg
64 KB, 538x482
>>30232833
kek
>>
File: 2516.jpg (1 MB, 2304x1536) Image search: [Google]
2516.jpg
1 MB, 2304x1536
>be BTR-60 operator in Muthrah City
>Americans have advanced near the South City and they have Cobra on air
>sneak to North City at full speed while Cobra is reloading at carrier
>arriving AAVP notices us, but we would never have a new chance if we run now
>run behind some buildings and grab an RPG
>blow them together with gunner while they run around corner at full speed
>shit was just too easy
>the Cobra returns, floating arond very low behind the buildings while hiding from manpands and waiting for targets
>"IT'S RIGHT THERE KILL IT!"
>gunner is rotating turret around while Cobra's side is 20 feet in front of us and they don't notice us
>"RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!"
>laugh while both MGs drill them to death

>still operate the same old BTR
>new cobra hangs high on the sky
>drive under a building that the friendlies are holding near Mosque
>grab Strela and climb up, while Cobra hammers the building
>lock and launch right away and hope they'd go away so we could atleast continue our way with BTR
>see flares and Cobra evading
>it hits
>..
>Allah guided missile indeed!

>win after 5 mins
>>
>>30217125

>First time playing PR
>Me and some friends from a MB:WB regiment
>Running down street, buildings to our right
>Stone fence stops us from going into them, only way in is an alleyway
>Just as we're halfway to the alleyway some other guys on our team come running toward us
>"NOT GO THERE, NOT GO THERE, NOT GO THERE"
>They sound genuinely scared and incredibly slavic
>"Nah we'll check it out"
>We run into the alleyway and get cut down by a humvee with an MG
>Sould have not go there
>>
>Faullujah
>create SNAEKYCIVY squad
>have one guy dress down for civie
>other squad mate gets AP bomber kit
>bury mortar IED underneath a civie
>civie attracts marines
>me, being SL, keep look out on binoculars and tell the bomber to blow the IED when someone gets close
>ALOHA SNACKBAR
>TAKBIR
>victorynasheed.mp4

fucking hell i love playing insurgents. going OPERATOR is cool but gorilla warfare takes teamwork, planning, and patience.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.