[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Budget Gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (717 KB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
717 KB, 1152x2048
hi /k/

im a newfag and want to get into shooting guns. I have a grandfathered .22 rifle and a .38 special revolver. I'm looking for a mix between a range gun and a home defense gun. I only have around $600 to spend and not much more for ammo. I was going to build an AR15 but on an early thread /k/ommados told me otherwise.

advice? Am also looking for a cheap plate carrier if anyone has their two cents to give.
>>
>>30216996
AR-15. You can usually find/build 'em for about $500 at the lowest. Then 3 magazines ($30) and ~240 rds ($70).

Otherwise, get yourself a Mossberg 500 and some buckshot. You can also pickup some .38 Special defensive loads but I'd advise you against using an heirloom for defense. (Mostly because said heirloom will likely spend the remainder of its life in an evidence locker before being lost/stolen or destroyed.)
>>
How about an SKS

Semi Automatic, Relatively cheap(between $500 and $700, nice for the range

Have a look at Norinco ones
>>
>>30216996
If you're banking on the cheap carrier and plates to actually use in an actual life or death situation rather than range/dress-up/etc, then either save up for an actual carrier ($150-200 for a basic carrier) and plates or spend money into something else.

As for the AR? You can defiantly put one together for $600~ but you'll need to be bargain hunting and patient and very disciplined in getting certain stuff without going over.

Don't forget tools to put it together (cheap to put lower components together, less cheaper to put upper components together), unless you got a bench vice and torque wench and a bunch of other stuff already or just plan to buy an assembled upper anyways.
Don't forget cleaning supplies.
>>
>>30217012
>between $500 and $700
DISGUSTING
>>
>>30217012
SKS isn't a budget gun anymore. Bottom barrel ARs are $500 now, cheaper if you go used or build your own (if you know what you're doing).
>>
File: Spongebob-Squarepants.jpg (62 KB, 997x384) Image search: [Google]
Spongebob-Squarepants.jpg
62 KB, 997x384
>>30216996
Buy a Gay-Are-15. They are the cheapest and most abundant rifles in the US firearms market. That means shit loads of options. They rifles typically have excellent reliability.
>>
>>30217088
You just push a barrel into the upper assuming you lube it up
Don't even need a vice
Have a friend hold the stock to their shoulder and brace against the wall and push
>>
>>30217088
R-karbid is not just a cheap carrier, these guys use original cordura and velcro, shit's quality.
>>
File: !ShootingAR.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
!ShootingAR.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>30216996
Palmetto State Armory upper and the lower of your choice, like an anderson arms or again, PSA.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/

As for a carrier, if you are not getting plates, start off with a battle belt. Get a holster and mag pouches, and first aid kit on your belt first, then when you have funds, get a plate carrier with plates.
>>
Gonna get a lot of hate for this one, but get a Hi-point Carbine and a decent holo sight.

>under 300 bucks
>perfect for plinking steel at the range
>good length for HD
>won't overpenetrate with hollowpoints
>light and easy to modify
>if you do have to put a groid down, you won't have to worry about the cops confiscating an expensive gun for 6 months
>>
>>30216996
A shotgun is a good home defense weapon. Pump or semi. Most are within your budget, too.
>>
File: CAM00964-1-1.jpg (266 KB, 1178x1488) Image search: [Google]
CAM00964-1-1.jpg
266 KB, 1178x1488
>>30217010
Agreed on the AR. Now is the time to get into the game. Picked mine up with a $400 trade investment... and the barrel costs $300 on it's own.

Just be sure you educate yourself so you know what you're buying/trading.

$400 right now can get you a very functional AR. If it is overgassed, just throw in a heavier buffer before using hotter 5.56, or stick to the weaker loads and .223.

Try to stick to milspec, and that probably won't be such an issue.
>>
>>30217012
>tfw you can still get an SKS for 200€, Nuggets below 100€, and an AK for 300€
>...in Finland
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.