[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ on the road
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
I'm planning on backpacking across Europe as a vagabond/hitchhiker. Sleeping in tents, cooking at campfires, just going where life takes me for a couple of years.

I don't own much in the protection department as I'm from a nefarious no-handgun country, but I have a few good knives that I've collected from being /out/ for a decade. Pic related is what I'm thinking of bringing for general camping use and protection; an almost new Glock Field Knife and a Gerber Guardian Backup.

Do you guys have any better ideas for protection while hitchhiking?
>>
>>30216526
And given that the Gerber is a boot knife, I'll be using it as that.
>>
>>30216526
keep some steel wool and oil on you cause that glock will rust instantly
>>
>>30216560
Noted. I had the same one in the military, and our DS made us clean it religiously so I know how to care for it.
>>
>>30216526
>protection while hitchhiking

Don't be a filthy vagrant and definitely tell people you are getting a ride from you carry a knife for defense while you're alone or something shit nigger.
>>
>>30216669
Not sure if this post is sarcastic or not.

Why the hell would I tell people that I carry a knife? My backpack and camping gear alone should say that.
>>
bump again
>>
>>30216526

would one of these be any good for places that frown on carrying a knife?
>>
>>30216526
In this political climate? No thank you.
Also don't tell anyone you're a vagabond/hitchhiker/etc or they'll think you're gypsy scum. Just say backpacker.
>>
>>30216902
I don't know if you've been to Europe lately, but it's really not that bad if you stay away from infested city centres.

The countryside is still pristine.
>>
>>30216526
Heyyy, thats what my english teacher in highschool did for a solid couple years when he was young, just dont stay in one place for too long, if you do though, find a decent job in which u wont need citizenship to do so
other than that, good luck
>>
>>30216526
the glock knife is alright, but the double edge dagger is so much fucking banned in yurup that you'll get your ameri-lard ass handed to you by the cops.

Single Edge: Can be explained as a tool, even if longer than 9cm blade length.

Double Edge: Cannot be explained as a tool, as it is purpose made to stab people.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.