[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are helicopter dogfights a thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: _85687721_boeing.jpg (27 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
_85687721_boeing.jpg
27 KB, 660x371
>>
No, because radios and air support are.
>>
>>30215355
I think during the Iran-Iraq war there were reports of helicopters fighting each other.
>>
Only in that Nicholas Cage Movie
>>
yeah some lobbies ban you for killing choppers in jets. heli vs heli you need laser painter, ecm jammer and your gunner needs guided missile.
>>
>>30215391
This guy knows whats up. Iranian cobra gunships fought it out with Iraqi Mi-24s

>http://www.faqs.org/docs/air/avhind2.html

Also, Most of the hind variants were qualified to carry and fire SRAAMs, from little Iglas to the larger R-60 missile. This was a common loadout for border patrols on the East German border, and was used for threatening West German/US helicopter patrols and for shooting down light aircraft trying to escape East Germany.
>>
>>30215355
even in hollywood theres airwolf and ...that movie with nick cage...firebirds?

i rememeber a bad guy in both shows were south african mercs in there maneuverable helicopters.
>>
>>30215355
Theoretically yes. There is even training video about air-to-air combat for Hind pilots. I'm pretty sure that thing happened in Iran-Iraq war.
>>
File: dew.jpg (304 KB, 990x1043) Image search: [Google]
dew.jpg
304 KB, 990x1043
>>30215876
>mfw 'fly around the hind in circles so your gunner can shoot at it' was actually taught to blackhawk crews.
>>
File: picture_701.jpg (277 KB, 2707x1800) Image search: [Google]
picture_701.jpg
277 KB, 2707x1800
>>30215507
Interesting read. Thanks
>>
>>30215898
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcT3XesnGAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEvs7tmbYjg
>>
>>30215361
>>30215355

>What was Iran-Iraq war.
>>
>>30215898
Would work pretty well if the gunner has an M 136 or an M2. Hind only has armor on the bottom and cockpits, hit from above or the side and you'll eventually hit the turbine engine and drop the ugly beast out of the sky.
>>
>>30215355
not helicopter on helicopter, but pretty cool
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2016/05/07/ill-be-back-comrades/
>>
>>30215507

Igla are fine,for what I know and have seen in some old soviet books only Hinds around the Red Square were equipped with Aphid missiles,Iraq received the Mi-25 and they still had the Swatter missile.

I will check the pdf files of those books,if someone can read russian and the thread is still up I will post some of those pics
>>
>>30219807
>what is read the thread and see that three posts in the question had been answered.

You fucking know it all retard.
>>
>>30215898
>that pic
triggered
>>
>>30215428

"Full tilt boogie for freedom and justice."

Weirdest bit of monologue ever.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.