[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are people really replacing EOTech stuff with Vortex?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Sparc.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Sparc.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
There is endless shilling about optics out there, but I'm reading reviews wherein EOTech stuff is getting yanked for Chinese stuff.

Good warranty Chinese stuff, but IDK.

A disturbance in the force, or whatever.

Opinions, /komrades/ is it a meme?

I'm also seeing shat about using their magnifiers as a replacement for domestic widgetst, but that's probably worth its own thread.

tl:dr: WTF?!?
>>
>issue a full refund for your products on account of them being overpriced junk
>wonder why people don't want to use them any more
>>
>>30214013
Go aimpoint or Trijicon
It's the only way
Unless night force
>>
Vortex makes good stuff for a good price. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>30214087
I own all three!
>>
>>30214108
>own all three!

Feedback / experience?
>>
Chinese != bad quality all the time.

Vortex is quality stuff, especially for the price plus the warranty.
>>
>>30214032

this tbqhwy, not really a "wtf" moment

I would literally rather have a Romeo4 at this point. Same reticle but with a [current year] battery life and unlimited lifetime warranty.
>>
>>30214013
You replace Eotech with Aimpoint or Trijicon.

Vortex is not on the same tier, it's semi-poorfag/range toy stuff. It's "pretty good" optics for reduced cost.
>>
>>30214013

I like vortex because it's basically a great optic for those on a budget. Their spitt fires are fucking great l I will say.

It's all preference because there isn't a lot of prism scopes out there and even high dollar red dots looks blurry to me but i wont drop 1k+ on a trig in 7.62x39 so I went with vortex and I am not disappointed.

Basically it floats the boat and as long as it works and functions it shouldn't matter.
>>
>>30214108
I have two trijicon rmr's, a 5.5x, a 3.5x, and a 3.5x In 308
I have an aimpoint comp m and an aimpoint patrol rifle optic.
I love all of them. I put the first rmr on a Aug, and the second on a glock. The 5.5x is on an ar, and so is the 3.5x and the other 3.5x in 308 is on a KAC SR25
The aimpoints are on an wasr and a vepr.
>>30214137
Never used NF but it seems very expensive, glass can only be so sturdy and my single power Leopold scops live in my takle box in my truck. Is the NF that much better?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1936x1634) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1936x1634
Aside from the acog, I think I will go Vortex from here on out on any optics that I buy. Look at the PRS/long range crowd and how much vortex they use. My buddy has a strikefire and it is amazing especially for the money. I don't see much point in spending lots of $ for nothing under 10-14x.
>>
>>30214013
Don't worry, Chinese companies will buy EoTech and you can pay American company prices for chinese shit. Feel better now?
>>
>>30214013
>Opinions, /komrades/ is it a meme?
This memeshit is retarded for one, but for two Vortex really is pretty great. Not at that top tier but then again that tier isn't what I'd use for everyday use, I have a Vortex Spitfire on my coyote/hog/dog/nigger-blaster and it does the job. I wouldn't throw it and the rifle off a cliff and think it's going to be alright but it's been beat up a bit.

When I'm shooting long-range I'll keep the Schmidt & Bender where it belongs, but for short to mid range? Vortex does that shit A-OK and with consistency.
>>
>>30214087
>Unless
...or less than perfect vision.

I could buy either in a blink of an eye, but ended up with Vortex Spitfire 3x because neither Aimpoint nor Trijicon (nor Elcan, for that matter) have diopter correction.

btw, warranty was the last straw in choosing Vortex over Burris 3x, which I actually like better.
>>
>>30214013
>EOTech stuff
My reason for not buying anything EOTech, ever: http://www.eotechlawsuit.com/

Once a liar, always a liar.
>>
>>30214165
Razor HD Gen II is the best optic in the 2000-3500 dollar price range hands down.

1-6 is better than VCOG and the other 1-6x offerings out there by a good margin as well
>>
>>30214143
>>30216552
Yeah, I agree. It's not on the same quality of trijicons, aimpoints of the optics world, but for the price and warranty it can't be beat.

I have the SPARC 2 on my AUG. It keeps it zero, and if I break it I send it back. All my AUG is, is a range toy. I'm not betting my life on my range toy. If it stops working, oh well, I can shoot my other guns.

For my HD/Hunting pistol I put a Trijicon RMR, the quality IS better, and I suspect it will last a little longer. I don't want my optics to shit out when I'm in a stand or facing down an home intruder.

The whole right tool for the right job shit.
>>
Red dots are the quintessential meme- a sight that does nothing better for the civilian shooter than sights do, at higher cost, for 'cool' factor and ease of use, so every bumbling retard can pretend they can 'build' a gun and be an operator with their 300 dollar dot sight.
>>
>>30214143
>Vortex is quality stuff
Depends on what you do with it.

If it is a range toy, then go for it. However, it will not stand to serious beating, and there are deficiencies that make it a pain in the ass to use.
>>
>>30216679
>ease of use
congrats, you now know why soldiers started using them in the first place
>>
>>30216716
>Soldiers

>Neckbeards who shoot paper

kek
>>
>>30216679
>does nothing better for the civilian shooter than sights do
Bzzt! Wrong answer.

Target acquisition is faster.

And anyone with a gun is not a civilian anymore. Anywhere from a pussy with a gun to a trained alert operator - a person with a gun is a fair game.
>>
>>30216666
>I'm not betting my life on my range toy. If it stops working, oh well, I can shoot my other guns.
Firstly, witnessed, but secondly I do bet my life on my Spitfire because it's on what I grab right off the bat. Then again at that range I can use my irons so it's not a big deal but goddamn do I love that little Spitfire 3x.

>>30216679
>Red dots are the quintessential meme-
Do you even shoot or what? What is this shit?

I mean I can understand the red dot vs holo argument, but saying "lol nope, civvies don't need em :^)" is just dumb. This was never about need you faggot, and even if it was they are really useful.
>>
>>30216712
Substantiate your claims please. I've beat the shit out of my Vortex stuff (specifically a few Strikefire IIs that I take innawoods on long hikes) with no issues. I also don't find them anymore difficult to use than my CompM4, so I don't know what "deficiencies" you're referring to.
>>
>>30216618

Their scopes are a completely different story. They've got some pretty impressive glass for the money and a warranty to back it up. Red dot hierarchy is, however, established and really doesn't deviate much at all. Top tier belongs almost exclusively to aimpoint. In a few years we'll see if Trijicon's MRO is worthy.
>>
>>30216712
>>30216794
http://www.recoilweb.com/vortex-sparc-ii-the-dot-that-would-not-die-67267.html
Please, actually, substantiate the claims that they can't take a beating.

The mount for the SPARC isn't exactly the best, but it works with T-1 mounts if you want to spend as much on the mount as the optic.

Also their 3x flip magnifier is damn good- had it next to an EoTech magnifier and preferred the Vortex. Just the mount is kinda... weird.
>>
File: 1455619589618.jpg (140 KB, 800x890) Image search: [Google]
1455619589618.jpg
140 KB, 800x890
>>30217490
>http://www.recoilweb.com/vortex-sparc-ii-the-dot-that-would-not-die-67267.htm
>>
>>30217535
Thank you based buk
>>
>>30217535
Thank you based buk

that's weird... just google recoil magazine sparc review. It's pretty entertaining, actually, as they get more and more frustrated.
>>
File: 1463173935459.jpg (203 KB, 600x715) Image search: [Google]
1463173935459.jpg
203 KB, 600x715
>>30217587
Found it. Rather Impressed. But I already own two VIPER PST FFP MRAD scopes so I think I may get another one. (2-10 and 6-24)
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.