[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who do you think is a good reviewer of firearms? Explain why.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 226.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1125) Image search: [Google]
226.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1125
Who do you think is a good reviewer of firearms? Explain why.
also heres a nice 226
>>
>>30213647
Military Arms Channel
Hicock45
iraqveteran8888
>>
Hickok45 is one of my go-to's.
>>
>>30213708
>same anon
quality content and honest reviews
>>
>>30213647
Sootch00
>>
File: evillizard......jpg (91 KB, 880x1177) Image search: [Google]
evillizard......jpg
91 KB, 880x1177
What do you guys think of TFB TV?
>>
>>30213647
Hey, I'm a god at reviewing firearms.
That's just the way it is.

Sig p226 is the tits
One of the best non custom shop guns out there imo.
>>
>>30213647
Dugan but he is retired.
>>
>>30213647
anyone on /k/ who owns a particular gun and can post timestamped pics to prove it
>>
>>30213647
>226
>nice
good one
>>
>>30213647
nutnfancy on youtube, tests them in multiple ways with different drills etc, he isn't sponsored by any company and is not afraid to say if a firearm is shit. breaks down his reviews into sub categories and gives clear good explanations. also will sometimes test multiple of same rifle for consistency.
>>
File: 1465258172392.gif (871 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1465258172392.gif
871 KB, 245x230
>>30215007
>>
Some others I never really see recommended
Mixup98
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmyBYJU8Gdpd9QOcd5TuGgQ

The Late Boy Scout
Ignore the cringworthy channel video
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLateBoyScout
>>
>>30215007
Nutnfancy is far too long winded for the content provided.
>>
>>30213751
I think he's pretty funny and real. Actually shoots. Would be a fun guy to get a drink with

>>30213708
iraqveretan8888 is 10/10
Hickok45 with always be top tier though

Keep the hood safe H
>>
>>30215108

No shit. I was trying to watch one of his reviews of a folding knife...14 minutes, come the fuck on man.
Just get to it.
>>
File: nutnshitty.png (84 KB, 642x1032) Image search: [Google]
nutnshitty.png
84 KB, 642x1032
>>30215108
>>30215007

He's sponsored by autism speaks
>>
>>30213647
speaking only on mainstream,

>Military Arms Channel
Very textbook knowledgeable about concepts, mechanics, and history. Generally develops an honest opinion (in some cases) on surp or non sponsor-made guns. IMO doesn't have much by way of personality but videos are usually enjoyable.

>Hickock
Fudd without the fudd, has genuine opinions about all guns he shoots albeit nearly all 'reviews' are positive to glowing. Is honest about sponsorships which he admits is a means to keep creating content that people like. Constant sarcasm and bad jokes gets fucking old after the third 25 minute video but probably has the most relaxed and easy going videos on the net.

>Iraqveteran
Basically southern MAC, similar content with a slight bias towards "Muh freedums, lets burn through a few drums and fuck up these tactical reloads." IMO Eric is kind of a cunt, especially without Barry, but Chad tries to make up for it. They've really lost direction with what they're trying to be as a channel and can't decide between being like Hickock and shooting anything old or new, hurr lets set an AK on fire, sperging out on politics, educational how to's. Good for people who search "gun videos" on jewtube.

>Nutnfancy
Definitely one of the more autistic channels. Needs 45 minutes to tell you why one specific model of ar15 comes factory with a bolt carrier gas key that's not as great of a steel as another make, or an entire hour to sperg about how he's not an armchair commando. On the flip side though, he really really knows his shit and consistently backs up his claims or criticisms with video or photo proof. Actually tests equipment thoroughly before reviewing (against 99% of reviews for the same item being an overweight 30 year old saying "yeah it just arrived in the mail, so far I really like it. Get it" in two minutes). I recommend him only if you are looking for videos on a specific gun or item.
>>
Also gonna have to go with nutnfancy because of how in depth his reviews are and how much he tests shit.

Honestly you can't "watch" his videos. If you try to do that you're just fucking up. You need to start up your favorite vidya and listen while you play. I can't tell you how many hours I've flown in GTA or walked around other open world games listening to his reviews. They're MUCH more bearable that way.
>>
TTAG has good reviews. I like that they're actually pretty harsh.
>>
>>30215389
>Sootch
Seems behind the curve on what he covers. I think he tries too hard to act like a professional youtuber, and generally doesn't have anything bad to say about anything. Usually doesn't have anything more than a surface level experience or opinion. Basically an upgraded version of the 'Yeah it just arrived" guy, advanced to the /k/ "yeah I put like 140 rounds through it and it's been 100% reliable I highly recommend it"

>Colion Noir
Way too fedora and condescending, but not as much so as Nutnfaggy. He tries so hard to act like "if I act really slick and cool people will think I got it together and believe me" and acting humble is just as bad as being a dick.

>AK operators union
Doesn't have much to offer other than general comparisons between ak variants, and now the 5k round tests to see how well aks nec/k/beards jerk over last, and I quite enjoy how btfo people get
>>
Kind of related
I've seen a bunch of hate on Alex and TFB. Why? His videos seem well put together and he's got some decent humor. The only thing I don't care for is that he always shows him shooting and not the target.
>>
>>30215389
Hickok45's Chiappa Rhino review video was funny. He hates that thing more than the hi point carbine lol.
>>
>>30213708
> Israel/century arms shill

>Buds and federal shill and general POS from first hand experiences from kommandos

>Literally bubba and social autist
>>
>>30215653
>Why?

He talks out of his ass and got ran out by /k/ after a bunch of people had enough of his shit.
>look at me, I have sooo much money!
>goes and grills the shit out of the mosin nagant on his top 5 overrated guns video because butthurt from /k/ being mean
>has more money than sense, literally
>carries a fucking hk p7 and admits to not cc'ing all the time

Dude is a hobbyist at best and should not be taken seriously. That being said, I really don't have a strong hatred or dislike about him and occasionally watch one of his videos. And the people saying he opposes the idea of re-opening the machinegun registry is just as true as Hickok45 being a wife beater.
>>
>>30215007
If nut'nfancy had actually written your post instead of
>nutnfancy on youtube, tests them in multiple ways with different drills etc, he isn't sponsored by any company and is not afraid to say if a firearm is shit. breaks down his reviews into sub categories and gives clear good explanations. also will sometimes test multiple of same rifle for consistency.
Your post would have read:
>The nut'nfancy project is expensive but I need to do thorough testing to keep it real. We do drills and it's about the ounces. The ounces dude. I keep it real and don't have sponsors because I keep it real. Other guys may have sponsors but I don't because I'm legit. Watch my other videos. Philosophy of use, look dude it's about the ounces. Gear check time, oh your gun was too heavy. I have this list, let's break it down. Okay, so philosophy of use. I'm not afraid to tell you if a firearm isn't good. Sometimes we test multiple versions of the same gun. Damn cold steal is good, I just take a can of wd-40 with hiking to oil them. It's about the ounces. Obligation to carry. Dude I don't have any sponsors I keep it real. So about this gun, let's start with philosophy of use. If I gear check you will you have it? It's about the ounces. I don't have sponsors.

Yeah, no thanks.
>>
For me; Youtube channels:

Hickok45
Lucky Gunner
Sootch00

Unluckily, everyone seems to "love" almost everything. So sometimes, The Yankee Marshal, is a must.
>>
>>30213647
Hickok45
>>
>>30213647
We can all agree bigdaddyhoffman1911 is literally shit-tier.

>"WOOOOO"
>>
>>30215698
Whats hickok45 done? I always see people disliking him
>>
>>30215108
>>30215186
>>30215205
>>30215389
You know you can skip ahead on YouTube right? You aren't forced to watch every second. Just skip ahead to the last ten minutes and that's really all you need to know from any review.
>>
>>30217322
He literally oozes autism in his videos. His Taurus Judge video was hilarious. He went on and on about it and then goes "I haven't shot it yet". That was when I stopped watching his videos.

Hickok shoots and then talks about it while reloading. Nutnfancy just rambles like a retard.
>>
for all the shit that he gets, Nutnfancy is pretty good
I cant be bothered to watch a 45 minute video on a gun, but at least he takes the time to break down each reason where he thinks the gun succeeds or fails if a noguns is interested
>>
>>30213647
Not fantastic for guns, but my favorite ammo reviews are by TNoutdoors just because he has so fucking many types of ammo all done to the same standard.
>>
>>30215663
>nearly all
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.