[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good entry level riot shield? I just think they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: TP211_500_1.jpg (16 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
TP211_500_1.jpg
16 KB, 500x500
What's a good entry level riot shield? I just think they're cool as fuck.

Are the clear ones worth fucking with?
>>
>>30212404
no
>>
>>30212404
clear, opaque, or made out of legos- who gives a shit. you arent going to be fighting any crowds with it anyway
>>
>>30212435
Basically yeah. I just want one next to my Roman shield.
>>
>>30212416
/thread
>>
>>30212404
Might as well get an airsoft one for like 50 bucks if you don't actually plan to beat up any hippies with it.
>>
>>30212476
then get the clear. it does look cool. if i was looking for a display piece though, it would probably be a shield. or in your case, a second shield
>>
Aluminum shields weigh less than lexan with the obvious disadvantage that you can't see through them. Just get yourself a sheet of 0.090" 6061 T6 aluminum and make your own.
>>
>>30212435
Have you seen the crowds of anti-Trump protesters?
>>
>>30212476

Get an aluminum one for that Ukrainian protestor look
>>
>>30212508
This.

If you can't spear it at some long hair's emaciated throat. Then what's the point?
>>
>>30212404
I made one myself. 40 bucks at lowes. I like to say it has the qualities of one of those metal ones from the Ukraine riots.

>go to lowes
>get a sheet of aluminum or thin sheet steel that is 6x(your chest hight)
>get either good heavy bolts or riveting equipment
>get a 5mm drill bit
>take this fucker home
>slowly, and maybe with some heat applied, fold the sheet in half
>should be 3x(your chest height)
>use a hammer and work that seam in there
>start drilling with the opposite side
>drill up the side of it with 4" between each hole
>work it onto the top and bottom with 6" between
>8"-10" between on the seam side
>Bolt that shit up
>make sure the long end of the bolt is away from you (no self inflicted stabs when you trip over this thing)
>Mark out where you can comfortably look out with you in the operation position
>use the 5mm to drill out an 8"x2'6" section
>offset the holes to maintain some structural integrity
>find handles
>mine came off of an old cart, Use gloves when wielding so make sure there is room for that
>find a strap for your fore arm and a way to attach it
Optional:
>work a bend on the sides from the edges of your window to better cover yourself
>install a pouch or cupholder for ammo, tear gas, or molotovs
>paint it all edgy like
>put on some mall ninja spikes
>

Go maul a fucker.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.