[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mossberg MVP Predator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 27735.jpg (80 KB, 835x206) Image search: [Google]
27735.jpg
80 KB, 835x206
Are Mossberg MVP Predator's any good. .308 or .223. Also whats the opinion on Mossberg guns in general (apart from the 590)
>>
>>30209800
I like the idea of the mvp and want one but i have heard mixed reviews
>>
>>30209800
>Are Mossberg MVP Predator's any good
It's good
>.308 or .223
whatever you want family
> Also whats the opinion on Mossberg guns in general (apart from the 590)
They're good
>>
i was really really close to getting their MVP scout which comes with the new Vortex scout scope, but after fondling both of them i chose the ruger gunsight. i don't think i'd buy a mossberg rifle.
>>
>>30209839
>They're good
They're a hair above Taurus in overall quality, fuck outta here
>>
File: GSRp5rd.jpg (678 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
GSRp5rd.jpg
678 KB, 1600x1200
>>30209865
Same here. Picking mine up on Monday. I like the idea of the MVP taking pmags and the accutriggeresqe trigger, but it felt cheaply made and would fall apart. Also i liked the ghost ring on the gsr
>>
>>30209800
They feel rickety as hell, especially in the synthetic stock, very loose bolt, but they shoot well despite.
>>
I picked up one in 223, great little gun. Got the short barrel model and it's one of my most commonly used rifles now. Pretty accurate for what it is too.
I was also worried about all the problems i've herd about them but have yet to run into ANY issues. And I use metal/pmag/lancer mags in it without any problem.
>>
>>30209800
is this going to be a hunting rifle or a target shooter?

if the former, what will you be hunting?

the short answer would be
>eh, there's better
>.308
>american made is a nice bonus and their customer service is excellent, but they represent a mid to mid-low shelf product in most cases.
>>
I got to handle one at the store. The laminate wood was nice and the gun is overall pretty aesthetic and the guy showed me how it fit 4 different manufactuerer mags. But the bolt was super wobbly and it overall just felt cheap.

I've heard from reliable people that they're plenty accurate but I just can't bring myself to go home with a rickety feeling gun.
>>
MVPs suck.

They are copies of the old raptor action that have gone through a couple of hands and ended up being owned by Mossberg. They were shit back then, shit when Charter arms was selling them, shit when Mossberg called them the ATR, and still shit now.

I don't know if Mossy still casts the whole action like the others did, but the bolt is cast and of the same design...which is so shit it can fire without the lugs engaged.

Anyone who says they are anything other than shit is clueless and there are other better rifles at the same or near the same price point.
>>
>>30209800
I like em, they need to be loved on for a moment or two with some sandpaper to get working right IMO tho.
>>
>>30210133
Sandpaper where?
>>
>>30209910
This. They are shit.
>>
>>30209800
My step-dad has an atr which is basically the same thing. It's a perfectly decent rifle for short range plinking and hunting on a budget. I would personally pay a bit more for a better quality rifle but for the price it works fine.
>>
>>30210874
When I had mine , the fore end touched the barrel, and the stock was ill fitted on the tang. After dicking with it it was about 1.1 - .85 MOA on a given day.

Did get one unicorn group at .6 MOA.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.