[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things/people In the weapons community that annoy you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: 1436108753810.jpg (9 KB, 615x456) Image search: [Google]
1436108753810.jpg
9 KB, 615x456
Anybody who uses the following terms
>SHTF
>bug out
>prep
>stopping power
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 600x450
Why are you here?
>>
Don't forget beams
>>
Why do you feel the need to openly declare how ridiculously sensitive you are.

There's Tumblr for that
>>
>gun oil
>gun cleaner
>gun grip tape
>gun grips
>laser ccutgun grip tape
>slide cuts
>color coated BCG
>decals
>>
File: bobba fett bird.gif (450 KB, 300x177) Image search: [Google]
bobba fett bird.gif
450 KB, 300x177
>>30209339
People who
>Shit post about thing that annoy them
>>
>10mm
>>
>>30209369
>guns
>people who like guns
>people who made threads about what they don't like
>>
>>30209339

> Economic or Social Collapse
> Cabin in the woods
> A scout is always prepared!
> Lethality

or

ECAL for short. Just remember E.C.A.L. to keep You and Your Family safe.

Remember, when seconds count help is minutes away.
>>
>>30209339

>Fanboys.
What they like is always the best at everything.
Everything you like is shit, and inferior in every way to what they like.

They're too immature to realize that pretty much everything has pros and cons, and that nothing is objectively the best, because it depends on how you value the pros and cons.

They kill all reasonable discussion, and argue from an emotional basis.
>>
the fact that most of you guys are barely functioning retards
>>
File: 1455388211303.jpg (230 KB, 1014x1014) Image search: [Google]
1455388211303.jpg
230 KB, 1014x1014
literally any sort of fucking made-up ACRONYM. It's the gayest fucking shit I've ever heard. If you watch even one of that fucking faggot NUTNFANCYs ten hour long videos, he has acronyms for random shit, for fucking everything. He's the gayest sounding faggot I've ever heard, running around in his gear with his butt buddies out in montana acting like they're operators or whatever. the faggot leeched off of the Air Force for 20 years and now lives off of a pension, fucking faggot.

all of these pussy bearded, sunglasses arm crossing and flexing muh gunz youtube pseuod-operator faggots pull this faggotry to act like they're some expert when they're just some fucking faggot with a video camera and no friends.

Fuck them all, Hickok is the only good one. At least he isn't a fucking faggot trying to act cool and tough about everything and doesn't take this gay ass shit seriously, other than the safety, which is the only thing to be taken seriously.
>>
>>30209580
Such salt.
>>
File: fag.jpg (32 KB, 427x480) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
32 KB, 427x480
>>30209595
hey what's up faggot
>>
>>30209604
I thought avatar fagging is against the rules.
>>
File: 1461004466351.png (128 KB, 778x778) Image search: [Google]
1461004466351.png
128 KB, 778x778
>>30209339
TFW I live in a cabin in the woods ready for SHTF with my bug out bag and .40 sw (I bought it because 9mm doesn't have stopping power)

I don't prep much though, I can forage pretty well.

Why do you hate me /k/ I thought we were friends ... =(
>>
>run
>>
>>30209580
literally this
>>
>>30209339

People referencing kinetic energy when speaking about terminal ballistics.
Specifically phrases like "dump its energy" and such. As if they think it's going to fucking electrocute you or something.
It's so retarded.

I think that some time years from now, people will hear "energy dump" and such, and have the same reaction that people do now to terms like "knockdown power".

Well, hopefully.
>>
>>30209727
I think you're just too stupid to understand what energy dump means. it's the successful transfer of force INTO not through a target.
>>
>>30209727
>Energy dump

This will never not refer to what happens when you eat nothing but bran and coffee.
>>
>>30209727
Wow.
>>
File: 0501161248-1.jpg (83 KB, 1725x382) Image search: [Google]
0501161248-1.jpg
83 KB, 1725x382
>>30209580
>not liking demolition ranch.

>>30209339
>Guys that bring their girlfriends in for the first time an insist that she shoots the glawk fortay.
Just shoot the 9 like a normal person and stop being a walking meme. That shit is snappy for someone that has never shot a gun before.

>people who have been taken shooting once with friends
They always think they are fucking pro's and know everything there is about firearms because they are a level 50 prestige on CoD and have handled one glock.

>fudds that think they know everything.
They are just really close minded, and tend not to follow the safety rules because, "hurr, I've been shootan for thurty yurrs."

>goddamn brass hawks.
Do You really need to go lane to lane and take EVERYONES brass? Fuck off, you didn't pay for it.

>fucking Asians
It's not that I don't like Asian people, a good friend of mine is a roof Korean kommando. I it's notice that a disproportionate amount of peoples of Asian descent come in with little to no experience n try to demand to shoot that day.

>pawn shop workers
They think they know shit about firearms because they have a few old durr rifles on a wall behind them. I'm literally talking with or right now n he has no idea what Minute of Angle is.

>X brand fanboys
They all have their strengths and weaknesses
>>
>>30209744

"Energy dump" cannot be a "transfer of force" because that is a nonsense statement.
Kinetic energy is not directly related to a force.

k=(1/2)mv^2
f=ma=m*((d/t)/t)

d/t=v
v/t=a
>>
>>30209806
>goddamn brass hawks.
does this shit actually happen in the US? holy shit
id be furious, especially when i shoot more expensive and high quality brass like the 8.6 Lapuas
>>
File: sigapic238380TEDGE.jpg (140 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
sigapic238380TEDGE.jpg
140 KB, 550x550
This hideous gun.
>>
>>30209827
Yea, that shit isn't fun. There is this one guy that we kicked out because he wouldn't stop.
>>
>>30209824

I AM AN AUTISM DETECTING BOT. I WILL BEEP IF AUTISM IS DETECTED.

>BEEP
>>
>>30209855
id instantly either get so angry id get kicked out, or if i wouldnt get kicked out and he wouldnt stop id pay any price for a brass catcher
>>
>>30209339

I hate CS:GO fags who think they know guns.

"dude sniping isn't hard at all you just hold steady and AWP his brains out"

they are like cod kiddies but 100x worse because they think their game is more realistic.
>>
>>30209860

It's actually really funny how every single time I argue with someone on the internet,
the second I start bringing in facts and figures,
their response is just name calling, goalpost shifting, or changing the subject entirely.

Or, you know, something dumb like that.
And then of course, their only goal at that point is to have the last word.
Because in their mind, whoever speaks last is the winner.

So I'll tell you what, anon.
Go ahead and have the last word. I think everyone lurking this thread has enough information to decide for themselves, or hopefully even inspire them to research on their own.
My job's done. So go ahead and have the last reply.
I hope it's a good one, but I won't be reading it.
>>
>>30209495
>Economic or Social collapse
LA Riots, Ferguson, and Katrina looters come to mind. Just because it isn't like 28 Days Later doesn't mean shit won't go down.
>>
>>30209860
That was painful to read.
>>
>>30209744

If using up all forward velocity in the target were any measure of lethality, we'd all be using varmint rounds.

KE is only a measure of the ability to do work. In a properly constructed bullet's case, that work is expanding the metal slug to create the deepest, widest wound channel possible.

A bullet that fully expands but stops just inside the far side of the target is not appreciably more lethal than another bullet that expands to the same size and exits the target.
>>
>>30209890
Oh and I forgot the thing I hate about CS:GO the most--- the mallninjas who get 'fade' karambits or do own guns, but have a ridiculous 'hyperbeast' camo or some shit. It's just beyond retarded its actually triggering me just thinking about it
>>
>Hey /k/ what's a good [not a gun] and where can I get one?
>lol why would you want that buy a gun
>>
File: 1911s are so awesome.jpg (39 KB, 900x493) Image search: [Google]
1911s are so awesome.jpg
39 KB, 900x493
>Caliber wars
>Muh 1911
>Gun rags that are nothing more than ads (basically all of them)
>>
>>30209580

I've seen every one of his videos about his father's air force career and his own experiences in the military.

He could have gone fighter pilot but Chose to fly transport. He was red pilled back then, now he's retired. A full 20+ in, he didn't talk the talk he walked it Then talked it.

I respect that because I do too.

I don't watch any of him in last several years, he's gone loopy, sure, but he's an old man. Hewont operate That much, his family will, that was the point.

I'm on his level on that, but his personality roughs up his ability and actions.
>>
>>30209900

You're not wrong. You just sound like an asshole.

>>30209744

KE isn't terribly useful as a measure of lethality unless you're comparing identically constructed bullets. A linebacker tackling you may dump nearly all of his KE into you rather than through you.

Pardon the arm chair physics...

55gr 5.56 @ 900m\s
KE = .004 × 900^2 = 3240j

100kg line backer @ 6m\s (14mph)
KE = 100 * 6^2 = 3600j

According to KE, a linebacker hitting you at 14mph is more lethal than getting shot with an AR-15, but I know which one I'd rather have happen.
>>
People that try to desperately make up reasons as to why Glocks aren't the best handguns for most, not all, but most handgun purposes
>>
>>30209533
fuck those guys are annoying

>They're too immature to realize that pretty much everything has pros and cons

indeed, and, like you mentioned, preference comes down to which qualities the individual values most, and so chooses the item that meets the user's expectations of performance of said quality. whereas, the fanboys simply plug their ears and whinge that their item's best quality is the only important quality, or employ other equally trite misdirected arguments

and there are so many of them on /k/, fuck. i can't remember ever meeting a person like this in real life.

although, when I deal with thickheaded people I often find myself ending a lot of discussions with "Well, it is what it is :|" because even after I've opined, their paradigm hasn't even broadened to include the content of our discussion.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.