[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I join the Marines? I don't really know what I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 600x400
Should I join the Marines? I don't really know what I want to do with my life, but I've always had a fixation with the military in the back of my mind. Of course, I do want to serve my country too. I've met personnel from all of the branches, and the marines seem to be having the most fun. Is the marines a good path?
>>
>>30207411
join the airforce.
>>
File: Teh Muhreens!.webm (3 MB, 533x300) Image search: [Google]
Teh Muhreens!.webm
3 MB, 533x300
>>30207411
>>
>>30207411
There's a lot of hatred for the Marine Corps, especially on here. What you should know as that of the branches, its pretty small. First find a field of interest that you may enjoy, the Marine Corps will not guarantee you the job you want, unless you go into the reserve. Most everything you can do in the USMC you can do in the other branches, but with one exception.

The Marine Corps has a general higher threshold for discipline, a higher physical fitness standard, a greater focus on individual skills and marksmanship, and a generally more aggressive command.

Hyperbole aside, look at the Marines if you want the greatest demand and challenge. Also note that every branch has individual units that are much better run and sophisticated, but as a general rule the Marine Corps is among the most befitting options for one looking for combat and discipline.

Its not bad, just make sure you can get a good contract for the job you want, or pick it in the reserve. Otherwise the other branches are much more exact, you don't exactly want to be a cook.

>Inb4 the Marine Corps isn't necessary anymore, Airborne is the shit yo
>>
>>30207448
This guy got it. I was muhreen Infantry but things were different when I joined. I don't think I'd recommend it now tho.

Do it if you want some green Weiner up butt. Also /k/ is only place I've ever been shit on b4. Civilians tend to hold us in high regard. Maybe that's why we get attacked anonymously here. Just don't be up your own ass.
>>
>>30207498
I feel like the boot camp either knocks all of the selfishness out of you or shoves you so far up your own ass you become one, depending on how good you are. I want to feel like I've earned something, and short of joining special operations I feel like the Marines is the best course.
I wouldn't pick infantry either, but I don't think it would matter because 'Every Marine is a rifleman' and all that.
>>
>>30207505
>joining special operations
>joining
holy fuck this kid
>>
>>30207507
Couldn't find the word I wanted
>>
File: 1436418898587.png (847 KB, 1305x1131) Image search: [Google]
1436418898587.png
847 KB, 1305x1131
>>30207498
Thank you for your cervix
>>
>>30207505
>joining the marines as anything other than 0311
it's like you want to be a warehouse manager at a Target when you get out, and get fired when your ex-wife comes into the store and throws a shit fit about how you slept with your step daughter.
>>
>>30207505
The "every Marine is a rifleman" thing is bullshit.

In all honesty, If you're going to go infantry, the Marine Corps is best. The Army has tough and vested units too, but things like Airborne and Mountain Divisions take going the extra mile and being selected and passing rigorous training. If you're talking going from boot, to then AIT, the Marine Corps will give you the more intense experience.

Aside from that very initial training, the other branches can give you more diverse and specialized training beyond the scope of your MOS.

If you're looking to get the validation and all the special ceremonies and bullshit, go USMC. The Crucible, the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. That's all very well done up, the dress blues, the fraternity and brotherhood of it, the other branches aren't as big on the appearance of it all.

If you want to do something very specific, go into the Reserve or pick another branch. You will get put where you are needed. You can tell them you don't prefer infantry, and you'll be made an 0311 and vice versa. Do your research and don't sign anything before you know what you're doing first.
>>
File: 1442233619432.jpg (37 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
1442233619432.jpg
37 KB, 500x360
>>30207517
Thank you for a stale meme.
>>
File: rac16.jpg (104 KB, 382x377) Image search: [Google]
rac16.jpg
104 KB, 382x377
>>30207532
Pretty much what this guy said. I'm not an American but a friend of mine is going into the Marines as Infantry and he feels it's best to go to them if you just want to be straight up Infantry. However if you want to be Armoured in an MBT or Recce vehicle you'll get more out of the Army potentially. As above know what you're signing before you do. This is your career and life choice remember.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.