[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the same deal as bulletproof Army of Two face masks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
Is this the same deal as bulletproof Army of Two face masks?
>>
File: 1457894287196.gif (2 MB, 285x220) Image search: [Google]
1457894287196.gif
2 MB, 285x220
>>30206262
>>
>>30206262
Kind of I guess, except in this case this is much more stupid in the fact that you'll turn into a vegetable if u do get shot in the fucking head and you manage to do so to yourself, waste of money.
With face masks, same deal except with some (face mandibles with eye shield, can clip onto the helmet) they give some space where the bullet can expend that energy into, and not directly into your face, you'll still possibly get bruised and maybe a fracture or something broken maybe, but unlike a hat its certain your not gonna basically die
>>
Maybe it'd stop fragmentation from a pipe bomb or tannerite lawnmower fuckery. I doubt it'd have good results against gunfire.
>>
>>30206262
So it's got a IIa plate on the very front, and nowhere else.

Seems kinda useless.
>>
>>30206262
>normalfags think bulletproof means everything but .50bmg is like a bb gun to it
>clever company realizes this
>makes a iia hat out of kevlar or some shit
>sells it for a killing
>/k/ debates if a fucking iia ballcap is effective
>>
>>30207469
Reminds me of those news reports after those bulletproof backpacks came out.

>We're going to shoot a variety of calibers at the backpack
>You see that pack stops the first round
>But that the next 5 just went clean through
>So you see this isn't REALLY bulletproof
>'HOW DARE THEY LIE ABOUT THAT"
>>
Id rather upgrade my pc to unbuntu
>>
>>30206262
>iia

/thread
>>
>>30206262
All I can say about this product is
If you're retarded enough to believe that putting a slightly bulletproof piece of fabric on your head with less surface area coverage than a bike helmet will make you any safer, you deserve to lose $129.00
>>
>>30206262
Considering that combat helmets still have a hard time protecting that gooey thing inside your skull from damage, I feel like a baseball cap probably won't.

I wonder how many they've sold?
>>
>>30206262
Honestly, it might be worse to have that. Since it won't penetrate, it may just cave your skull in from the energy being spread out around the side of the cap. If it enters your brain you're pretty much fucked too, but eh, people survive it.
>>
>>30206262
>get shot in the head
>wearing bulletproof hat
>hat stops bullet from penetrating
>bullet impact still smashes skull, sends skull bits into brain
>brain swells
>die more painfully
Awesome
>>
>>30208082
IIa only stops some handgun rounds.

It will not make the effects of those rounds worse especially in the head.

Handgun rounds dont kill through concusive force and lack sufficient momentum and energy to cause seroius injury with blunt force trauma.

You might get concussed. Hell you might get a skull fracture.

But if it gives you a skull fracture whatever hit you was going to tunnel a big fuck off hole in your brain.
>>
File: lol only 9mm.jpg (46 KB, 620x513) Image search: [Google]
lol only 9mm.jpg
46 KB, 620x513
>>
>>30206344
Yeah, the force of a bullet to the head will fuck your world up. My grandma's husband shot her in the head and, even though the bullet only grazed the side of her scalp, she was in critical condition for quite some time. Maybe the hat might help you to survive some situations, but I'd rather be dead than a vegetable.
>>
>>30207967
Stop /threading your own posts.
>>
>>30208479
>Attempting to enforce childrens rules from /b/ on a board for grown ups

/Thread
>>
>>30208454
>>30206344
>>30208082
>>30208099

Are you guys literally retarded?

A 9mm round hitting a pad in front of your head isn't going to break your skull or kill you. It MIGHT give you a headache for a few hours.

I swear you people must be the same ones who talk about knock down power with a straight face.
>>
>>30208454
>Yeah, the force of a bullet to the head will fuck your world up.

no
>>
.45 stronk, hat useless!
>>
>>30209456
>Can't into physics
A bullet doesn't just hit a solid surface and bounce off. All of its force is directed into whatever it hits.
An AR500 steel plate can stop a .50 API-T round no problem, but it's the force behind it that would fuck shit up on the other side of the plate. Obviously, same concept with a 9mm hitting a bullet-resistant mask. It will give you a headache alright, because you're going to have a concussion.
>>
>>30209456
The cap is soft armour though, so it would probably hurt like fuck
Wouldn't hurr snap his neck though
>>
>>30209456
>Something that gives you a massive purple bruise to the chest isn't going to damage your head
>>
>>30206262
>Covers like 6 square inches
>Being hit would almost certainly still stop or incapacitate you, allowing an attacker to just shoot you again.
>You now have a 1% chance of costing a shooter 1 extra bullet to kill

This item has the worst fucking stats they need to buff it.
>>
File: clay behind armor.jpg (41 KB, 259x270) Image search: [Google]
clay behind armor.jpg
41 KB, 259x270
>>30209456
It's soft armor, kiddo. If it even stops the bullet, it's going to deform monsterously. Only instead of pliable meat behind the armor to disperse the energy and make a nice, living bruise, now there's bone and brain. That energy has to go somewhere.
>>
>>30209668

>That energy has to go somewhere.
Kinetic energy is about as related to blunt force trauma as rotational inertia.
People really need to stop talking about energy in terms of terminal ballistics.
It's fucking asinine.
>>
File: Page26b.gif (25 KB, 359x167) Image search: [Google]
Page26b.gif
25 KB, 359x167
>>30209668
Take a finger and poke it into your belly. Keep pushing until it hurts.

Now poke a finger into your forehead until it hurts.

What's the difference in distance your finger traveled before it began to cause damage (pain)? That bullet stopped by armor MUST expend it's energy in distance traveled, that's how kevlar works its magic. It's like a safety net under a trapeze performer, the only way it works is by gradually slowing down the fall, it doesn't happen immediately.
>>
>>30209706

>That bullet stopped by armor MUST expend it's energy in distance traveled
No, it must lose it's momentum via acceleration due to the normal force of the object struck, in a non-elastic, non-deforming collision.
Stop using the word energy when referring to terminal ballistics. It's almost never relevant.
>>
File: 1457907897491.png (3 MB, 857x2440) Image search: [Google]
1457907897491.png
3 MB, 857x2440
>>30209685
>kinetic energy doesn't greatly affect BFT
Would you rather be hit by a baseball at 60mph or a car?
>>
>>30209484
>>30209456
>~4tons per cm2 to the head is not going to kill you
Thats 300 footpounds with a 9mm alone...
>>
yeah, I don't exactly have a lot of faith in the concept of a patch of soft armor stuck to your forehead stopping bullets before they crack your skull open.

Like, if that actually worked, wouldn't armies just buy oversized hardhats and put soft armor on the inside? It's a hell of a lot lighter and easier to make a patch of level IIIA soft armor than it is to make a rigid aramid and epoxy composite that will perform at the same level.
>>
>>30209799
How the fuck are you getting 4 tons/cm2 from 300 foot-pounds?
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 450x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 450x442
Needs this for force dispersion or what the hell ever we are calling it. Put the iia on the outside of this for example...
>>
>>30209916
300 foot pounds are ~ 400 joule which equate to just over 4k kg per cm2.
Crunch the numbers yourself if it makes you happy.

http://www.unitconversion.org/energy/joules-to-kilogram-force-centimeters-conversion.html
>>
>>30210182
Not him, but are you joking? 1k kg is one ton.
>>
>>30210204
Y-yes I was joking.

[spoiler]I should go to bed.[/spoiler]
>>
>>30209771
that depends entirely on HOW FAST THE CAR IS GOING you insufferable swine
>>
>>30210247
They're both going 60 mph bro.
>>
File: Shame.png (19 KB, 584x260) Image search: [Google]
Shame.png
19 KB, 584x260
>>30210235
Trying to hide your shame are we?
>>
>>30209751
>the normal force of the object struck, in a non-elastic, non-deforming collision
That's not how kevlar works, and you know that very well.

You're talking about the bullet stopping on a rigid object, in this case a skull. The kevlar can do nothing if it's backed by a hard object, you may as well just get shot in the skull.

But you know that, and you know I was right all along, you wanted to play games with semantics.
>>
>>30208493
/thread
>>
How does /k/ feel about Bulletsafe vests?

All the reviews/videos on it are basically either a paid tester or the company itself.

$300 for a vest sounds pretty nice tho
>>
>>30210459

>That's not how kevlar works, and you know that very well.
No collision in real life is perfectly non-elastic, nor does any cause no deformation.
I was mentioning those factors to exclude them from the scenario, since they aren't relevant to what's happening.

>You're talking about the bullet stopping on a rigid object, in this case a skull. The kevlar can do nothing if it's backed by a hard object, you may as well just get shot in the skull.

>>Get shot with no kevlar
Bullet penetrates both sides of skull and exits head through the back

>>Get shot with kevlar
Bullet does some unknown level of damage to the front of your skull. Does not penetrate both sides, does not exit head through the back

This is your definition of doing nothing?

>But you know that, and you know I was right all along, you wanted to play games with semantics.
No, what you're claiming is moronic.
>>
>>30209799
Human skull cracks at 900. Fun fact: so does a coconut.
>>
I have been shot by a .40 while wearing a IIA vest.

It left a welt. It didn't crack my ribs, it didn't make my liver explode. It left a welt, almost identical to one you would get if shot by a paintball shirtless on a cold day.

A 9mm to your head is not going to kill, concuss, or break your skull. It's gonna leave a welt.
>>
>>30209456
>he thinks blows to the head is nothing.
>>
>>30210247

>Depends entirely on HOW FAST THE CAR IS GOING AT 60 MPH
>How fast at 60 MPH
>60 MPH
>60

60 MPH

M
P
H
>>
>>30211521
still better than getting shot in the face
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.