[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is best resource conscious firearm?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: NRJ11-Z-F2-L.jpg (52 KB, 1800x326) Image search: [Google]
NRJ11-Z-F2-L.jpg
52 KB, 1800x326
Lets say you are the Chief of the Ordnance Corp during a dire conflict.

>You desperately need weapons to arm your soldiers, raw materials and funds are in short supply.

>You have access to the schematics and tooling to any firearm that has ever been designed.

What firearm would you would put in production for your general infantry that is both capable and efficient resource wise?

>Bonus: what would you produce for these specific categories?

>pistol
>light machine gun
>designation marksman rifle
>sniper rifle

Hardmode:
>you are in charge of arming the Volksturm in late 1944, and have access to any designs and tooling up to 1945, what do you choose?

Discuss.

pic relevant, presentation VG1
>>
Nothing short of God coming to Earth himself could have given the Third Reich victory. They had no way to win even if they weren't run by loons.

The cheapest/best gun out there is the AR-15. You can run a CNC machine out of a garage.

>pistol
I wouldn't
>Lmg
Ares Shrike
>DMR
18" AR-15
>Sniper rifle
I wouldn't
>>
>>30201224

>The cheapest/best gun out there is the AR-15

Military contract AR: $750

Military (foreign import) Contract AK: $150
>>
>>30201224
>Nothing short of God coming to Earth himself could have given the Third Reich victory. They had no way to win even if they weren't run by loons.

I know, just curious as to what people would choose.
>>
>>30201185
>Rifle: SBR AKM (draco)

>pistol: Makarov.

>light machine gun: just give 75 round mags and 2x fixed optic to draco

>designation marksman rifle
Draco with 4x fixed optic and fixed stock, plus oil can suppressor to limit report.

>sniper rifle
Accurized Mosin with 8x optic and 10 round mag.

I'd invest R&D into terminal ballistic research to create springs and loadings for various platforms (e.g. heavy subsonic round for DMR, tungsten penetrators for LMG, etc. Also a focus on optimized powders, and better expanding ammunition).
>>
>>30201236
AKs aren't easy to make from scratch.

Brushed aluminum is easy
>>
>>30201331
>You have all of the tooling and schematics, but little resources

You suggest aircraft grade aluminium is easier to acquire, and better invested, than using steel?
>>
File: keks.jpg (63 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
keks.jpg
63 KB, 768x576
>>30201351
What's it like being a complete slavboo where you think comparing the cost of a rifle made in America by capitalists is in any way comparable to the third world which had a structured economy under communism?
>>
>>30201331

>AKs aren't easy to make from scratch.

>Brushed aluminum is easy

aaaaannnd that's the point where I stop replying
bye
>>
>>30201185
>pistol
Useless wastes of resources. Any of the simplified submachineguns would be cheaper.
>>
File: 1464951091189.jpg (16 KB, 351x329) Image search: [Google]
1464951091189.jpg
16 KB, 351x329
>>30201185
>Obrez
>RPK
>SVD/PSL
>Re-Barreled 91/30

The use of any other cartridge is a sin, and you know it.
>>
>>30201399
I know, but I was curious about very simple pistols. I think last ditch/simplified are interesting asf.
>>
>>30201236
Cool story, now pay attention to the scenario in the OP.

FYI startup costs for AKs suck dick
>>
>>30201185
>Hard mode

Uhhh, Probably a bunch of SKSs. Not a lot you could do come 1944 to stop the counter-rape about to happen though. Maybe in 1943.

Maybe.
>>
i choose the m14 because that rifle was able to be made in ww2 but politicians are fucks
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.