[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where can i get a Trench Knife?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: P1140452.jpg (383 KB, 2032x1032) Image search: [Google]
P1140452.jpg
383 KB, 2032x1032
I have been looking for a quality 1918 pattern Trench Knife Repro but I cant find one.
They are either 20$ and made from pot metal or they are 400-600$(and i cant afford to spend that on a knife).

Does anyone know where i can buy a functional Reproduction.
>>
daily reminder that your stabby stabby is just a pointy piece of metal and the "brand" and "model name" are just meaningless words attached to it to make you give them money

the type of steel doesn't even matter because even with a good knife you're going to have to sharpen it and oil it under use anyway
>>
>>30200751
also there's basically zero chance that you're actually going to stab anyone with it, or multiple people with it
>>
Daily reminder that he can spend his money on whatever the fuck he wants at whatever price point and quality level for whatever reason.
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 850x665) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 850x665
COLD STEEL
>>
OP Here
>>30200751
You know nothing about steel or knives, I use mine while you put yours in a case and pull them out to live out my fantasies.

>>30200762
Zero chance and Basically Zero chance are two different things, you never know whats going to happen and i prefer to be prepared.
I use my knives and i shoot my guns.

>>30200876
I want a Reproduction not a Reimagining.
Cold Steel is ok but i have not interest in their products.
>>
>>30200551
Best bet is to get a repro with a decent handle and then put a different blade in it like an m7 blade
>>
>>30200551
I'd suggest saving up. Keep it and maintain it well and when you're interested in something else it'll have great resale value
>>
Bud k knives
>>
http://plowshareforgeknives.blogspot.com.au/2009/07/m1918-mk-1.html

these guys make ACTUAL repros, with high carbon steel. this is the good shit right here
>>30200551
>>
>>30201843
OP Here
Thank you
>>
>>30200551
>implying the original wasn't made out of pot metal
>implying bronze is hard to cast
>>
>>30202516
There are also some good antique weapon auctions on the east coast that have them frequently, they can go for pretty cheap too ($100-150). I think most collectors are more cocerned about the circular quillion being modified and having the original sheath.
>>
>>30201516
Kek. He wants a knife, not a toy
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.