[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canada likely to buy Super Hornets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 23966742321_1e6657d83e_o.jpg (784 KB, 3000x2002) Image search: [Google]
23966742321_1e6657d83e_o.jpg
784 KB, 3000x2002
If they would just tell people about the laser hornet they could get the media off their asses.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/we-have-obligations-liberal-government-on-defence-after-reports-of-super-hornet-purchase
>>
Just buy the F-35 already.
>>
>>30199848
the memes won't let us
>>
>>30199865
It's 2016!
>>
>>30199397
Use the search function next time.
>>
File: BziBO9WIAAEq9a6.jpg (26 KB, 600x442) Image search: [Google]
BziBO9WIAAEq9a6.jpg
26 KB, 600x442
>>30199848
Why would anyone do that. The F/A-18E is superior in payload, rate of turn, thrust/weight ratio and operational range. You can buy 2 upgraded Hornets at initial overall pricetag of a single F-35, and that's not even mentioning the maintenance costs.
>>
>>30199397

So we might actually have growlers in the fleet somewhere down the road. yay!

>>30199917
Where's this other thread you're talking about? I tried looking. Did it autosage?
>>
>>30199992
Is this a meme
>>
Dudeweed promised to hold a fair aircraft selection, and then picked the Super Hornet behind closed doors to try and avoid going back on 'no F-35'.
>>
Just a thought, I don't know a lot about aircraft, but could this be a misguided attempt to keep the money semi within the country? I mean, those are made by Boeing, right? And aren't Boeing Defense craft largely made from parts made in canada, such as all the electronics from Amphenol Canada and so on?

Or am I just being tinfoil-y?
>>
>>30200067
>Dudeweed promised to hold a fair aircraft selection, and then picked the Super Hornet behind closed doors to try and avoid going back on 'no F-35'.

THIS^3

420YOLOSWAG MC JT promised a fair competition selection process.

>>30200192
Well Boeing has contractors in Canada, but not a significant one. Same for Lockmart where Canada actually paid 200 mil to participate in the F-35 program back then and has actual contracts with local firms from Lockmart

Either way, it's economically insignificant to Canada.
>>
File: 1461004277348.jpg (47 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
1461004277348.jpg
47 KB, 700x466
>>30199848

Why would we need an obsolete "stealth-lite" fighter which sacrifices payload and performance at the cost of a slighly lower RCS, which is pretty much negated by modern electronically scanned radar and powerful software algorithms, because it took 3 decades to develop anyway?

Canada needs a bomb truck.

If we need stealth first strike capability we can buy JSOW munitions for the same thing.
>>
>>30200226
What does "stealth-lite" mean, anon? Its got a lower RCS than the F-22.

Doesn't sacrifice performance or payload, either. Not in comparison to the F/A-18E/F anyway.

>If we need stealth first strike capability we can buy JSOW munitions for the same thing.

I had a good chuckle at this one, friend.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.