[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
body armour/chest rig thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: zchestrigmega.jpg (74 KB, 421x516) Image search: [Google]
zchestrigmega.jpg
74 KB, 421x516
i would like to get some opinions gear preferably for bug out purposes
>>
>>30196344
What's your bug out plan, bud?

What are you carrying, what environment?

What gun what kit?

How much ammo are you planning on carrying?

how far are you planning on trekking?

what's you distance in your average patrol in your AO?

Got any friends?
>>
>>30196387
my AO is central florida
plan is to take mother to a safe area
planning on getting ak47 and a glock 19
i would like to carry 270rnds of 7.62
60rnds of 9mm
my friends are in texas
no clue on bug out location
>>
Condition of Mother ?
Get her to learn how to shoot.
Budget ?
>>
>>30196460
shes able body
ive been trying to teach her how to shoot but i dont get to see her to often sense im active duty army
for body armor $250 including plates max
fire arms $1100
>>
>>30196344

Should TEOTWAWKI ever happen,the first ones to die will be the unprepared sheeple, and people wearing chest rigs and other tactical shit.
>>
>>30196508
>TEOTWAWKI
i will read it and thanks for the info
>>
>>30196441
Budget?

I would suggest going with a chicom type 56 ( just for the light surface area on the body in a humid environment)
run with 3 mags rig + 1 in the gun
You can have a much comfier and accurate prone with single stacking.

>in the grenade and gp pouches
cleaning kit
radio for emergency frequencies
batteries, emergency kit.

if you're planning on wearing civvies then you can put your IFAK in the cargo pocket, and mark it with red tape or string or something.

Use your pack for your extra mags, clips of ammo and it's spoon.
and the rest of your survival or go bag kit

if you're going through innacity Florida and expect an ambush, I would go for a balcs vest, Paraclete, and eagle, make a good low pro versions. balcs just for the good protection
and bulletproofme is a great source for plates and inserts

look poor, look like someone who isn't a target.
>>
File: dont worry mlady.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
dont worry mlady.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>30196344
so this is what the fabled "unlimited ammo/no clipping" looks like in real life.
>>
>>30196508
Yeah, chest rigs are essentially a giant "Follow Me to a Cache of Really Cool Shit That You Want" sign. Have to be deep innawoods or innaopenconflict to consider using any of that shit.
>>
>>30196500
>$250 for PPE
>over 1g in a firearm for your fuckin mom
you got your priorities fucked way up boy
>>
>>30196592
It's one of those calculator holders for classrooms. 50 of those magazines is like 50lbs jesus.
>>
>>30196629
i guess so im open to learning school me up my dude
>>
>>30196441
>central florida
ayy floridabro, 407 orlandofag here
>>
>>30196655
ucf area fag wudup my dude
>>
>>30196664
Get off my campus nigger. I'm half a mile up the road near Waterford Lakes.

If you like hiking you should take a 20m drive down 50 toward Titusville and go to Tosohatchee WMA. Just did a 10 mile 50lb ruck this Sunday for some innawoods time.
>>
>>30196650
buggin out? lay low and look uninteresting. just your cc piece, a spare mag, normal clothes, and a plain ol black jansport or some other basic ass bag. central florida so at maximum, a sweater or loose button up with concealable soft armor underneath. your mom is untrained so whatever pistol she feels comfortable wearing is the best you'll get out of her.
rifles and kit are for when you have the advantage ie when youre with your buddies or have a good stationary position.
soflo here.
>>
>>30196696
no shit >>30196696
nice im on econ and 50
>>
>>30196720
Another east Orlando Florida fag checking in.
>>
>>30196728
welcome friend
>>
>>30196441
you and her are better off if you just take that glock and put a bullet in the back of her head when shes not expecting it. seeing as how you are in a retarded as fuck bug out mentality with no clue.

second of all lets say shit has hit the fan. you see a guy walking down the street with an ak and plate carrier. you decide hes a threat. are you going to aim at his plate carrier? no, you are going to blow his dick out the back of his asshole.

if you are going to be buying tacticool shit for the fall of civilization, prepare to bug in.
>>
so what i've gathered is dress like a homeless
my acu's are not a good for this situation
my 65l hiking bag > assault bag
correct ?
>>
>>30196755
Are there any places around us to innawoods shoot without cops coming. I'm tired of paying range fees cuz I'm broke.
>>
>>30196793
idk dude i dont think we can in the econ woods
>>
>>30196720
Noice mange.
>>30196728
>>30196793
What's up hombre. There's the Ocala national forest public shooting range if you're looking for an actual range setup, otherwise your best bet is going to one of the local WMA/Natl Forests (Ocala, Tosohatchee, Big Econ, etc) and just going off trail in a direction where there isn't anything else.
>>
>>30196782
pretty much, and likely the shitty backpack you have from high school > hiking pack unless you've got some specific place you plan to hike long distance to.
>>
>>30196806
Na i got run out of there with a BBQ gun when I was younger so I doubt they would be happy if they saw me toteing my ar.

>>30196808
I just wana shoot my spinning gopher with noone around me. I got a place right now in Oviedo but my friend's are about to move and that land won't be accessible anymore.
>>
>>30196875
Haha bb gun. I wish I had a bbq gun.
>>
>>30196882
we should have a drink before i leave country
this week
>>
>>30196903
Not much of a drinker. And I work the night shift.
>>
>>30196932
bummer
>>
I imagine this is what my Grandpa looked like in Vietnam

He told me he'd stuff claymore bags with 20 round mags. He said at most he'd be carrying around 75 mags.
>>
File: 20160203_095803.jpg (871 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160203_095803.jpg
871 KB, 2560x1440
>>30196954
Tell me about it.
You ever see this gun that's me.
>>
>>30196968
75 mag.....
>>
>>30196602
What about something like a belt like cops wear, or like an old bandolier of pouches or vietnam era chest rig instead of modern tactical gear?
>>
>>30196971
Is that a 1911 grip? Odd conglomeration of parts you've got m8
>>
>>30196717
>>30196782
>>30196864
Except a lot of people use shit like light day pack, assault pack or milsurp backpacks for school these days, especially in rural areas.
>>
>>30196981
Yea I got it off eBay and wanted the wood side plates. And she's a monster but she works just fine for bench riding. I'm not trying to fakeoper8
>>
>>30196990
do whatever the fuck you wanna do little man
I'm don't give anybody a single fuckin hint about the goodies I may or may not have
>>
>>30196976
>everybody loves cops, why not wear a cop belt
anon please.

why would you want to prance around with thousands of bucks dangling jauntily from your johnson declaring how well supplied you are?
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 960x544
Imo this would be how most people trying to look "civvie" would end up looking like
>>
>>30197090
What do people not like cops in shitskin sectors?

I live in a 90% white town and everyone likes the cops because they're nice and friendly and aren't dicks about their job.
>>
>>30197117
whether they love or hate them, they always notice them.
>>
>>30196344

My boss lived in Serbia during the civil war. I got to talking to him about how things were. He said the best thing he picked up was to stay low profile and not to advertise in anyway that you got stuff that other people want. Look the same as everyone else... any guy toting a full backpack drew attention as either secret police or a deserter. Either way they became a target.

When I asked him about bags and modes of carriage, he said the best bags he had to carry gear was a beat up metal airline suitcase with heavy duty wheels and the second was his wife (no joke!) She dragged the bag while he carried his militia issued gun when they hit the road. He said the last thing he wanted was to be slowed down by carrying shit, as snipers usually nailed any fighting age males or any fucker who they didn't recognize who was carrying a gun.
>>
>>30197108
>that feel when you are highspeed as fuck but everyone around you is lowspeed
>look the brought a cockwarmer dressed up in multisham as a joke
>greg is behind me
>i hate greg, he thinks bullpups arent shit
>god wish this retard would get out of my way, nice dropleg faggot, have fun running
>they didn't even bring their sleepingbags
>none of these rookies are wearing armbands
>my feet hurt
>i wish i was at home posting on /k/ about fanny packs
>>
>>30196441
>ak47
>10 mags of 7.62x39mm
>4 mags of 9mm
>bug out
>with your mother
This website is for 18 and over. Promptly kys.
>>
>>30198423
What's wrong with the set up? You mad your mom doesn't love you enough for her to care you anymore?
>>
>>30198456
>You mad your mom doesn't love you enough for her to care you anymore?
Did you have a stroke?
>>
>>30198473
Yes actually. How about you?
>>
>>30197532
If that story is true he wasn't in Serbia during the war
>>
>>30198474
A few this morning before work. I had fun.
>>
File: chJezf.gif (644 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
chJezf.gif
644 KB, 320x180
>>30198503
Of course
>>
>>30196387
I have a frend in Missouri that lives in an underground decommissioned Missile silo.
Every year a few friends and I give him a cupple grand to buy more food amo and water pluse some hydroponics and water purification systems

The plan is to take all our family's and all the supplies we can bring to his place as soon as shit hits the fan
>>
>>30196344
It's probably not "tacticool", but I still prefer my old issued LBV to carry mags/ammo.
>>
>>30198513
>gif of a man wearing a mask speaking
Yup
>>
>>30196344
All these replies about grabbing the family and running...

If it werent for the fact that i love my niece and nephew, and my sister in law would get them and herself killed if i didnt annex the children from her care in SHTF i would leave my family to their own devices. I dont have enough supplies or fucks to care for a bunch of slackers and millennials who have done nothing but scorn me and my lifestyle~
>>
>>30199609
This is the only right answer
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 576x576
>>30196655
>>30196664
>forever stuck in 386
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.