[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maverick 88
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: MossMav884900x600.jpg (193 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
MossMav884900x600.jpg
193 KB, 900x600
Tell me everything I need to know.

Pros
Cons
Stories
Fantasies
>>
mines the workhorse, shoots the shit i put in it and stupid easy takedown. 8/10
>>
>>30196184
Should've paid the extra fifteen bucks for a gently used mossman 500. I got mine for only $208 after tax.
>>
>>30196184
>pros
It's cheap
It's a shotgun

>cons
It's cheap
It's a shotgun
>>
>>30196712
this. However, I went even cheaper and and got the H&R pander pump.
>>
>>30196184
>pros
I can smoothy rub my dick on the wood furniture on the receiver

>cons
I can't shoot it upside down
I can't load long shells into it
It doesn't tell me it loves me
>>
>>30196742
pardner*
>>
What's the difference between a Maverick 88 and a Mossberg 500? I know Mavericks are said to be made cheaper, but how much of a difference in quality is there really?

I know most mods for the 500 fit the 88, and I've heard some parts are interchangeable so it can't be that much of a difference.
>>
>>30196819
Honestly, in my opinion there is not a lot difference between the two. Then again, I don't think there is a lot of difference between ANY shotgun really. I have owned pricey shotguns and cheap shotguns in some areas the pricey ones win out but over not much difference.
>>
>>30196765
Which is a better quality gun that even remington can make at the moment, sadly

Really though they're great guns. Can't go wrong.
>>
>>30196819
less cuts in the receiver(safety and threaded holes in the top for mounting things). the forend(though some of the cheaper 500s use it to) the trigger group(cause the safety was moved)

you could stick a mav trigger group in a 500 and have a functional gun but couldnt stick a 500 trigger group in a 88.
the parts are interchangeable but you may end up replacing multiple parts to replace 1 part
>>
>>30196184
Its very cheap. Its reliable as fuck. Has dual extractors. You can use anything from birdshot/00buck to specialty rounds. Theres also a crap ton of accessories. I own it and its worth it, great powerhouse
>>
Maverick is perfectly fine, it's not quite as nice as the 500 but let's be honest, most of the 18.5" shotguns get to pump out a box of shells then just sit next to the bed their whole life and collect dust. They're almost never a go-to range toy or hunting weapon.
>>
>>30196184
Literally the best home defense style shotgun for 200$
>>
Get yourself a 500, It's made in Murica and can be converted into non-NFA 14 inch barreled boomstick. Take pistol grip only version in that case, though
>>
File: RG500.11a1.jpg (73 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
RG500.11a1.jpg
73 KB, 800x600
>>
>>30199058
I still don't understand how this isn't NFA, can someone explain it to me?
I always read it is NFA if either condition is met: one being less than 26" overall or second being barrel less than 16" for rifle 18" for shotgun.
>>
>>30196184
$1,500 US gun in my country.
They're nice guns, always go bang.
Rust easy though.
>>
File: NNFAM500.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
NNFAM500.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>30199118

A shotgun is originally designed to be fired from the shoulder. These must be made on pistol grip only guns that leave the factory with no stock. That's how you get past the 18" shotgun barrel length since they are not technically shotguns

The raptor grip makes the 26"
>>
>>30199349
The loophole is the most telling thing about how broken the ATF's regulations are. The government seems to not understand that guns are machines that can be adjusted to be illegal in a matter of minutes.
>>
File: AK pistol vs AK sbr.jpg (62 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
AK pistol vs AK sbr.jpg
62 KB, 800x600
>>30199401
One of these is a Class III firearm that needs a $200 tax stamp and be registered to the federal government after months and months of paperwork and waiting. Without all of that, if you're found in possession of it you're looking at a 10 year federal offense.

The other is a handgun and can be bought in 15min at a gun shop, or from a private seller for straight cash.

The ATF is fucked up
>>
>>30196756
>upside down
What? What doesn't allow that?
>>
Most of whay Ive heard, including my own, has a break in period, and until its broken in, it can be kinda rough. Mine seemed to jam a lot, but after maybe 100 cheap ass shells and taking good care of it, works well.
>>
File: yes.jpg (15 KB, 430x320) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
15 KB, 430x320
>>30196184
When you end up having to use it to defend yourself, the cops will take it no matter how nice and expensive it is. I'd rather them take my $200 Maverick 88 than even my $500 590A1 or my $1,500 AR-15.

Guys who buy nice expensive guns for self-defense, they're idiots IMO.

Buy a cheap gun for actual defense like a Canick TP9, a Maverick 88 etc.

buy the nice shit for end-game scenarios or collecting.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.