[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FFL Type 03
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: type 03.jpg (405 KB, 1700x1111) Image search: [Google]
type 03.jpg
405 KB, 1700x1111
Any crufflers on /k/? After years of putting it off, I'm thinking about getting a C&R license. What do I need to know before applying?

I heard you need to own your own residence and be zoned for a home-based business if you want a Type 01 FFL, but does that apply to Type 03? I live in an apartment and will continue to, for the next few years.

Should I just call the ATF and ask them all my questions, or are there forums out there where I can get (accurate) information? I don't want to get denied an application for an FFL because a badly filled out application and have that on my record with them.
>>
>>30196044
>What do I need to know before applying?
Nothing. Log your purchases and keep a bound book. That's it.
>>
>>30196044
>be 21 or over
>don't have a felony
>get a bound book

That's about it. Get one, you'll save a lot of money on FFL fees.
>>
>>30196327
You're forgetting you have to let the ATF do a "check" on your inventory whenever they want
>>
>>30196044
Curio and relic does not apply to Black powder firearms (might help with International purchases but I know fuckall honestly) Nor ANY type of burst/full auto firearm. you are still bound to Semi, pump, bolt and Lever. All it will do is allow you to ship C&R weapons to your doorstep.
>>
File: 1429592466811.jpg (32 KB, 467x581) Image search: [Google]
1429592466811.jpg
32 KB, 467x581
>>30196340

>not buying every c&r gun you want, then sending back you license to the ATF
>>
>>30196340
I just looked up the stats, in 2013 the ATF reported 64,449 "collector" FFL licensees. You really think they send agents to that many people? Maybe if a gun you sold ended up being used as a murder weapon, but otherwise you're being paranoid bud.
>>
>>30196347
Most black powder firearms are pre 1899 anyway, so they're not regulated by the ATF.
>>
>>30196340
Who cares?
>>
> whatever residence you reside at is what you put for location, zoning does not matter

>Buy a bound book, all you need to do is log each firearm into and out of it, if you let your license expire you do not mail it to the ATF and it can be destroyed

> fill out the paperwork, send one copy to your police chief, it requires no action on his part, the other copy to the ATF.

>Wait about a month

>Enjoy having guns sent directly to you no transfer or 4473 required.
>>
>>30196340

Only once per year, it is extremely rare, I've had no for 6 years nothing.
>>
>>30196359

You are not required to send your bound book back the the atf if your license expires and you don't renew, you can get rid of it.

You could destroy the old bound book and start on a new one if you want and re apply if you want.
>>
>>30196340

If you mean schedule an appointment to see the items specific to your C&R bound book because you're not permitted to use it for business purposes, then yes.

Please post if it has ever happened to you. I haven't had any interest from them.
>>
>>30196340
According to Google searches, you're more likely to get struck by a meteorite than have an ATF agent want to see your bound book and firearms written down in the book.

They don't just show up and start looking in your electrical sockets for lightning links, they call to set up an appointment either at your home or their office. Don't want an ATF agent in your home? Grab your C&R firearms and book and go to their office.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.